• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2018 NPD (Hardware)

I'm not backpedalling. You can spin as much as you want.
Again i showed you with my link ( which are much more relevant than yours, because your links show much higher estimate price, which of course, suits you ) that Xbone is selling at loss since launch, and Phil Spencer just confirmed that too. "I don't want to get into all the numbers, but in aggregate you should think about the hardware part of the console business is not the money-making part of the business. The money-making part is in selling games" This also can be applied to base Xbone, not XboneX only. 4 and a half years ago, Kaz Hirai said that PS4 is profitable : https://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5744344/ps4-already-profitable-for-sony-ceo-says
So, where is the official statement from someone from Xbox that Xbox One console is profitable? Oh, nowhere. Cheers!

Thanks anyway.

You're back-pedlalling because you keep saying "at launch" and keep switching from there moving the goal posts as you feel,.

You have no proof the Xbox ONE is losing money, and I have posted evidence it made more profit than the PS4 "at launch" granted boths margins were low.

You have switched between the Xbox One and the Xbox One X several times now. You're not arguing in good faith you're trolling.

The Console Xbox was not sold at a loss at launch, it was Microsofts own words, you lied said Phil said it, and then when I pressed you on a link you posted a link from last year about the X (which was also wrong) so you clearly are trying to confuse people who aren't keeping track of this conversation.

You said the Xbox was a "massive" commercial failure" like the PS3 based on, nothing. Well, other than you saying it didn't make money from launch, and AGAIN, sicne one of your own links and mine show the Xbox One had a better profit margin at launch than PS4, and you think the Xbox ONe at launch and since has been a "massive commercial failure" comparable to the PS3, do you also say the PS4 is also a so called "Massive commercial failure" or will you finally give up and admit you have no idea what you're talking about?

Even now you say Phil said something he never said, you use Xbox one X claims for the XBox One which is what you were originally talking about. To save face you've tried to make people following this conversation confused, unfortunately it won't work, and the actual words are the X is breaking even so yu're still wrong regardless but this is about you're original claim that the XBox One at "launch" was a commercial failure because you for some reason can't except the PS3 was one.

You're back-pedlalling because you keep saying "at launch" and keep switching from there moving the goal posts as you feel,.

You have no proof the Xbox ONE is losing money, and I have posted evidence it made more profit than the PS4 "at launch" granted boths margins were low.

You have switched between the Xbox One and the Xbox One X several times now. You're not arguing in good faith you're trolling.

The Console Xbox was not sold at a loss at launch, it was Microsofts own words, you lied said Phil said it, and then when I pressed you on a link you posted a link from last year about the X (which was also wrong) so you clearly are trying to confuse people who aren't keeping track of this conversation.

You said the Xbox was a "massive" commercial failure" like the PS3 based on, nothing. Well, other than you saying it didn't make money from launch, and AGAIN, sicne one of your own links and mine show the Xbox One had a better profit margin at launch than PS4, and you think the Xbox ONe at launch and since has been a "massive commercial failure" comparable to the PS3, do you also say the PS4 is also a so called "Massive commercial failure" or will you finally give up and admit you have no idea what you're talking about?

Even now you say Phil said something he never said, you use Xbox one X claims for the XBox One which is what you were originally talking about. To save face you've tried to make people following this conversation confused, unfortunately it won't work, and the actual words are the X is breaking even so yu're still wrong regardless but this is about you're original claim that the XBox One at "launch" was a commercial failure because you for some reason can't except the PS3 was one.

Uh, you can't argue with Xbone fan. Same shitty brain as Tim Dog or Crapgamer! PS3 made a profit on their own 4 years later since launch, unlike Xbone console which is being sold at loss SINCE LAUNCH.

Last edited:
Well seen as though you seem to be some expert on Microsofts financials, what exactly are they losing money on?

We are talking about console, not Xbox brand as whole. I stated few pages ago. They are making money on software and subs surely, not on consoles. There is a clearly a distinct between revenue and profit.

Last edited:

Stuart360

We are talking about console, not Xbox brand as whole. I stated few pages ago. They are making money on software and subs surely, not on consoles. There is a clearly a distinct between revenue and profit.
How do you know they are losing money on the consoles though?

How do you know they are losing money on the consoles though?

Because Phil basically confirmed that last year. It was discussed on page before. And btw. you can't make some money if you drop the XboneX's MSRP for 50$ and give a 2 games for free. They're making money on software and subs. LOGIC.

Like MS said in reports, revenue grew because of this :

Xbox Hardware revenue up 94%, against a low prior year comparable, due to timing of Xbox One X launch in Q2 FY2018

Of course revenue will grew because they sold bunch of XboneX consoles.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Because Phil basically confirmed that lat year. And btw. you can't make some money if you drop the XboneX's MSRP for 50$ and give a 2 games for free.
So you dont know then.
Also if XB1 is losing money on the console, so must Sony seen as though they are practically the same machines except PS4 has more expensive ram, and a faster GPU.
This is the first generation i believe where the consoles were supposed to be pretty much break even, or even selling at a profit (most people believe thats why the consoles were not very powerful this gen), and if you look at past generations, loads of consoles were losing money with every console sale, thats because they make money from games sales and licenses (and services now in this day and age).

So you dont know then.
Also if XB1 is losing money on the console, so must Sony seen as though they are practically the same machines except PS4 has more expensive ram, and a faster GPU.
This is the first generation i believe where the consoles were supposed to be pretty much break even, or even selling at a profit (most people believe thats why the consoles were not very powerful this gen), and if you look at past generations, loads of consoles were losing money with every console sale, thats because they make money from games sales and licenses (and services now in this day and age).

Didn't i said, Phil basically confirmed that. PS4 is on profit basically since launch :

https://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5744344/ps4-already-profitable-for-sony-ceo-says

Xbone has deals on monthly basis. PS4 barely. You'll see 2nd price drop this year during Black Friday. PS4's MSRP is still 299$.

Last edited:

Stuart360

PS4 is on profit basically since launch :

https://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5744344/ps4-already-profitable-for-sony-ceo-says

Xbone has deals on monthly basis, PS4 none. You'll see first price drop this year during Black Friday. PS4's MSRP is still 299$.
So your 'proof' is that XB1 has better deals?, ok then. More console sales means more game sales, services sales, LIVE sales etc. I think you need to do a bit of research on console history, Google 'Why do companies sell consoles at a lower price that it costs to manufacturer', it might be eye opening.

So your 'proof' is that XB1 has better deals?, ok then. More console sales means more game sales, services sales, LIVE sales etc. I think you need to do a bit of research on console history, Google 'Why do companies sell consoles at a lower price that it costs to manufacturer', it might be eye opening.

This is what I was trying to get at.

Selling an X for 50 bucks off is made up for with the Live subscription, and so on

So, you slept under the rock. Again, Xbone has deals on monthly basis. Since January 2018. Why? Just to keep tracking PS4. That's why. PS4 and Switch outselling Xbone left and right this year despite Xbone is on sale since January.

This is what I was trying to get at.

Selling an X for 50 bucks off is made up for with the Live subscription, and so on

Didn't i said they're making money on subs and software, but losing money on Xbone consoles? Oh yes, i did. Can't even count enough. But PS4 is making money basically since launch. I said that too? Oh yes, i did.

Stuart360

So, you slept under the rock. Again, Xbone has deals on monthly basis. Since January 2018. Why? Just to keep tracking PS4. That's why. PS4 and Switch outselling Xbone left and right this year despite Xbone is on sale since January.
Again, do some research, amybe then you will see how you're contradicting your self with every post.

Stuart360

Didn't i said they're making money on subs and software, but losing money on Xbone consoles? Oh yes, i did. Can't even count enough. But PS4 is making money basically since launch. I said that too? Oh yes, i did.
So is AMD ripping off Microsoft by charging them much more than Sony for the same components?.

Again, do some research, amybe then you will see how you're contradicting your self with every post.

I did. And i'm not contradicting myself.

So is AMD ripping off Microsoft by charging them much more than Sony for the same components?.

It's MS's decision at what price will launch the console and sell it to the masses. At loss or not. AMD is making money either way on every console sold.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I did. And i'm not contradicting myself.

It's MS's decision at what price will launch the console and sell it to the masses. At loss or not. AMD is making money either way on every console sold.
But how did they sell it at a loss at launch?, it was $100 more and it was rumoured that Kinect 2 only cost $80 to make.
Again the consoles are practically the same, if Micorosft was selling at a loss, so was Sony (and Sony had slightly more costly componants).
Fact is you're just another blinded Sony fan like TLW that pulls your 'facts' from your arsehole, just like TLW. I'm giving up on this unless you have some actual hard proof, and i already know you dont (becuase it doesnt exist), so goodbye and keep fighting that fight.

But how did they sell it at a loss at launch?, it was $100 more and it was rumoured that Kinect 2 only cost $80 to make.
Again the consoles are practically the same, if Micorosft was selling at a loss, so was Sony (and Sony had slightly more costly componants).
Fact is you're just another blinded Sony fan like TLW that pulls your 'facts' from your arsehole, just like TLW. I'm giving up on this unless you have some actual hard proof, and i already know you dont (becuase it doesnt exist), so goodbye and keep fighting that fight.

I gave the link few pages back numerous about how Xbone is selling at loss since launch. Btw. did you knew how eSRAM is expensive as shit? No, now you know. And also, Phil Spencer confirmed that Xbone is selling at loss. Oh yes, bunch of you, people, are believe in Phil Spencer, right? You don't believe him when he said that XboneX is selling at loss? Didn't i said that PS4 is making profit? Yes i did. Oh, i gave the link to you few post above. Yeah, yeah, Sony fan....What are you then? Goodbye, cheers, have a nice day, enjoy your meal....whatever. Hope you're happy with Xbone.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Every ten minutes I get a deal alert on Slick Deals about a XB1/X with RDr2. They are pushing hard with unofficial price drops.

Didn't i said, Phil basically confirmed that. PS4 is on profit basically since launch :

Xbone has deals on monthly basis. PS4 barely. You'll see 2nd price drop this year during Black Friday. PS4's MSRP is still 299$.
Keep in mind this guy said the Xbox One was a "massive commercial failure" since launch and has used a outdated 2017 quote to prove the Xbox console made no money even though he said "since launch" which would be 2013.

He's trolling and trying to confuse people.

I gave the link few pages back numerous about how Xbone is selling at loss since launch. Btw. did you knew how eSRAM is expensive as shit? No, now you know. And also, Phil Spencer confirmed that Xbone is selling at loss. Oh yes, bunch of you, people, are believe in Phil Spencer, right? You don't believe him when he said that XboneX is selling at loss? Didn't i said that PS4 is making profit? Yes i did. Oh, i gave the link to you few post above. Yeah, yeah, Sony fan....What are you then? Goodbye, cheers, have a nice day, enjoy your meal....whatever. Hope you're happy with Xbone.

Stop trolling and picking fights. I posted two links that said otherwise, one even showed the Xbox one had a better profit margin than PS4 at launch, does that mean you also think PS4 was a "massive commercial failure" as well?

Of course everytime I bring that up you move the goal posts and talk about the Xbox One X link again, the one Microsoft announced they are breaking even on, and is not the same system as the Xbox One, you know this but continue thispointless trolling.

All because you can't admit PS3 was a commercial disaster. Worse than the original Xbox.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Every ten minutes I get a deal alert on Slick Deals about a XB1/X with RDr2. They are pushing hard with unofficial price drops.
Well that and the trade in off gamestop is doing is how i got mine.

I also got the fallout 76 bundle so thats a plus

Top Bottom