• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
#TeamHuber
tWJG4Q8.png

Hawk269

Don't get excited; he's probably just making a joke.

And if he isn't, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

It can be, but like someone else posted, there are folk lifts all over the world at any time why post that picture now? If it is just a "fucking with you all" type of thing, I am going to crash my in-game car next time I play Out Run.

weekev

Banned
WiiU exclusive megaton incoming. Maybe this is the third party title they have been aggressively chasing. Seem to have a decent relationship with Sega, wouldnt surprise me.

FranXico

Shenmue 3 seems like a bad investment, no matter who went after it (if it even exists, which I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't)

Praise and word of mouth from hardcore gamers makes for great PR and marketing. It's an asset no matter how you look at the game itself.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The Last Guardian AND Shenmue at E3 may be the only antidote to the deadly toxins of "NO MGR2".

Also, Team Huber.

Hawk269

Shenmue 3 seems like a bad investment, no matter who went after it (if it even exists, which I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't)

It is risky as fuck, but if a company with DEEP pockets and willing to take the gamble, I sure would buy it. I just hope if it is TRUE that it is not half assed. If you are going after Shenmue 3, it needs to be given the Triple AAA treatment. Sad thing, even if they announce it, we are still a good 2+ years before we have it in our hands.

Maligna

Banned
If HD collection is announced I will probably offer to buy up to ten copies of the game for other people who are on the fence about it, just to boost sales. *Unless it's a $60 game

HD remakes of the first two would do me for now, however the chances are that it wouldn't really make any money unless it was changed significantly and rebranded with a new name.

I would happily pay full price for HD remasters in 1080P/ 60FPS, but the problem is that it doesn't even have a large following amongst the gaming community.

It is risky as fuck, but if a company with DEEP pockets and willing to take the gamble, I sure would buy it. I just hope if it is TRUE that it is not half assed. If you are going after Shenmue 3, it needs to be given the Triple AAA treatment. Sad thing, even if they announce it, we are still a good 2+ years before we have it in our hands.

You're damn right. Shenmue is the only franchise that is AAAAAAAAA. Fuck AAA games.

weekev

Banned
The Last Guardian AND Shenmue at E3 may be the only antidote to the deadly toxins of "NO MGR2".

Also, Team Huber.
Then Nintendo show Metroid, then Gabe gets helicoptered into the show floor, bam half life 3. Whats that R* have a secret conference presence....Agent, finally. MS up next, bam Conker, bam Banjo Threeie, Bam Perfect Dark 2. The Internet explodes.

Elios83

LOL people never learn :D
Shenmue 3 isn't happening. The whole series needs to be remade and rebooted if they want to bring it back to market and that requires a significant investement and confidence in a project that bombed 15 years ago.
HD ports of the originals might happen but it's kinda pointless at this point, they're terribly dated and you already know the story in unfinished :/
Imo Suzuki is just saying that he's going to E3 and that's it, but who knows....:D

Kal_El

I played the crap out of the first Shenmue but didn't touch the 2nd one. I would prefer to have a HD remaster of the 2 to help fund development of the 3rd. The games will sell.

Garlador

I'm not sure my heart can take this...

... I don't want to get my hopes up, and yet... I just... can't... control myself...

Hawk269

HD remakes of the first two would do me for now, however the chances are that it wouldn't really make any money unless it was changed significantly and rebranded with a new name.

I would happily pay full price for HD remasters in 1080P/ 60FPS, but the problem is that it doesn't even have a large following amongst the gaming community.

For this type of game, give me more bells and whistles and keep it at a locked 30fps. No need for this game to be 60fps if they sacrifice visual fidelity to get to 60fps. This not a shooter or a racing game, 30fps would be fine with highly detailed character models and breathtaking environments.

Corpekata

Banned
For this type of game, give me more bells and whistles and keep it at a locked 30fps. No need for this game to be 60fps if they sacrifice visual fidelity to get to 60fps. This not a shooter or a racing game, 30fps would be fine with highly detailed character models and breathtaking environments.

LOL how much of a remaster are you expecting them to do where this is even a consideration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom