• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Im at work. I cannot be on here for more than a couple min at a time. What did I miss? or from the looks of the comments, I may have missed a lot of nothing.

Digital Spy posted on twitter that Suzuki answered the Shenmue 3 question with:

"Of course I would want to make one with right opportunity. Dot dot dot."

ajim

So, no announcements.

But for me, this slide sums up the story well:

intoduction: sadness, faces loss of father.
Development: overcome grief, travel china
fight: heroic battle, victory
Conclusion: lost purpose, begins new journey with friend

(I didnt screen capture it)

You can almost fill in the gaps of the story with that timeline above.

Recall

Gamasutra ‏@gamasutra 2m
1st question in Q&A: "When will Shenmue III be released?" Suzuki answers, "Of course I want to make one, if I have the right opportunity..."

Some Nobody

Yeah the "Dot, dot, dot" reply was a little BS for people who don't speak Japanese, lol. The actual translation was something like, "I want to make it". But that would suggest he's not even in talks with anyone to do so.

De-mon

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

Tibbs-McGee

Neo Member
He said that he "wants to make it" in Japanese. Why did the translator choose to translate that as "dot dot dot"? That's a very... different answer.

Midou

I didn't expect a Shenmue 3 announcements, so this was a fun watch. I hope he does Shenmue 2 next year.

I was going to say if he doesn't announce Shenmue III now, but does a postmortem for the whole franchise, I could give up, but now if Shenmue II needs a separate postmortem, I have faith again, and that bothers me.

The translation was more than dot dot dot, but everyone doesnt want to hear that so whatever. Done.

I'd love a proper translation actually. All I heard was "dot dot dot".

And yes, should have just done a post mortem for both games, and end it there. The hope is nice but also very frustrating.

Midou

would actually prefer that instead of still keeping hope alive.

Either come out and say "We won't make a new one" or announce something.

Yeah, this. I mean I guess he's telling the truth, and it's not like he has the influence to do it on his own, yet he would still want to do it...

Recall

I'd love a proper translation actually. All I heard was "dot dot dot".

Gamasutra ‏@gamasutra 2m
1st question in Q&A: "When will Shenmue III be released?" Suzuki answers, "Of course I want to make one, if I have the right opportunity..."

Seriously how can many people not use resources available to them?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
There has been a lot of rubbish re-releases over the years.

Why can't we get this game? Is there something wrong with it?

Gamasutra ‏@gamasutra 2m

Seriously how can many people not use resources available to them?

You were acting like everyone was dismissing that translation which we all saw. I replied thinking you had something better to say. No need to be an ass about it.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
why didn't this lady do the interpreting for the actual presentation? she sounds like a pro, thought cerny did it because they didn't feel like paying anyone.

Jomjom

Banned
I think when he said he would like to make Shenmue 3 he was winking at Cerny to convince Sony to put up the funding.

I believe its time to move on. I think this may be one thing that we all wish would happen, but just wont. Its another Half Life-esque situation.

Edit: But, I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom