• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) returns to scifi with Space Dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
idARVgpTfbX9z.gif

yami4ct

That video is amazing. So many Gif worthy moments. Some great dancing animation.

Mixed on the song itself. Love the chorus, but the rest doesn't do much for me. It's got a nice sense of attitude, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sweet, what's the premise of this one? Or is it not really clear yet? I couldn't really get anything other than "sci-fi adventure" out of the OP, sorry if I missed something crucial. :)

yami4ct

Sweet, what's the premise of this one? Or is it not really clear yet? I couldn't really get anything other than "sci-fi adventure" out of the OP, sorry if I missed something crucial. :)

It's a comedy harkening back to the old style pulp sic-fi of like the 50's. The main character, Dandy, is the "dandiest man in the galaxy". He has around with the cat alien and a robot that's the equivalent of a future roomba. I don't know much more aside from that.

Celegus

That looks magnificent. I'm in the small camp that didn't think Cowboy Bebop was the greatest thing ever (but still good) and I love anything from Studio Bones. Character design looks hilarious.

Yonafunu

It's a comedy harkening back to the old style pulp sic-fi of like the 50's. The main character, Dandy, is the "dandiest man in the galaxy". He has around with the cat alien and a robot that's the equivalent of a future roomba. I don't know much more aside from that.

Dandy and the gang are 'alien hunters' or something. They go around the galaxy searching for unknown species. The story is episodic, with a different species introduced every (?) episode. Every alien species also has a different designer, so expect a lot of variation.

Rell

I'm hyped. Loving the sort of spaceman raygun atmosphere.

Hopefully funk is the musical motif, it'd fit in with most of what we've seen so far.

ЯAW

Banned
I really hope this is going to be long running series. Not in the 100 episode category, but at least 40 or 50 episdoes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell yeah, coming not only to Toonami, but expanding the block by a 1/2 hour by starting at 11:30? Cannot freakin' wait for Jan. to come now.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Did this show suck?

I was so hyped for it but fell behind and never even caught a single episode.

Worth the investment?

A few episodes were hit or miss (different directors each episode) but it was good. Dub was great (I'd easily say dub>sub for this, really.), animation was pretty much always stellar, and a few of the episodes were just amazing rides.

Watch it. And then get ready to watch the second half of the season this fall.

Blader

A few episodes are pretty good, a few are pretty boring/bad, and the rest are solid.

It's better than Kids on the Slope, which I've already all but forgotten about, but still far off the mark set by Champloo and Bebop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom