• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Sorry about the gifs. That video also shows some nice concept art btw.

acHfmLM.jpg

cv1iQ4t.jpg

NGHII3I.jpg

JDmOuJn.jpg

3NLxI18.jpg

e2OMhal.jpg

InHzdrr.jpg

20Aj4yB.jpg

Any really good deals for this game? I've caught the bug, but I don't want to go crazy here. What's the best price out there for the PC version?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Any really good deals for this game? I've caught the bug, but I don't want to go crazy here. What's the best price out there for the PC version?

PC version would be GMG if in America, Amazon if in Europe (30 euros for the physical version of the game, which will redeem on Steam )

VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM

^This is for GMG voucher for 20% off.

Taruranto

Moderately excited for this. I'll get it because it's Mikami and Horror, though I expect it to be Survival Horror as much RE4 was (especially after seeing one of the achievements =_=).

30fps lock (looking more likely, people should be pushing Bethesda's shit in over this) is a killer :/

This might be the first game I play with motion blur in ages as a result... or hope someone breaks the cap and doesn't destroy the game in the process.

Feeling super conflicted here. Fucking say something, Bethesda.

Azlan

I am really liking the look of the enemy design and animations. A nice change from the standard zombie fare. Just jumped on the digital pre-order. Gives me a nice warm and fuzzy sense of security.

hwy_61

Banned
I was gonna take next Tuesday off, just so I can be at best buy as soon as they open and play the game all day long, but it would be blasphemy playing a game like this during the daylight hours...

But I don't wanna pee my pants, you guys.

I was gonna take next Tuesday off, just so I can be at best buy as soon as they open and play the game all day long, but it would be blasphemy playing a game like this during the daylight hours...

I'm gonna draw my blackout shades, play in complete darkness with my Gold headsets on.

antitrop

In all of my 24 years of existence, I never got the courage to tackle a horror game by myself but I do love the genre when it comes to movies so this will be my first game. TEW, please be gentle.

Yikes. This game might be a kick in the teeth for you. A very enjoyable, loving kick to the teeth, as it may be.

I played Silent Hill 2 alone in the dark with headphones while I was in high school, so I felt like I could take on anything after that.

The story is most likely shit, play it for the Mikami.

Eh, I've actually got fairly high hopes for the story. They have a lot to work with and the whole game is already super intriguing.

It reminds me of the original Resident Evil. The sense of mystery, the unknown, the cool characters, the in-depth backstory etc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Doesnt this game utilize a lot of classical music throughout the environment? That makes it sophisticated and shit rite guys

antitrop

I'm going to drape a massive comforter over my window so no light can get into the room, to play during the day on Tuesday.

I have work off on the 14th for a doctor appointment, and after that it's nothing but Mikami Greatness.

Despera

Banned
Eh, I've actually got fairly high hopes for the story. They have a lot to work with and the whole game is already super intriguing.

It reminds me of the original Resident Evil. The sense of mystery, the unknown, the cool characters, the in-depth backstory etc.
Then through in that super-powered Wesker-knockoff and everything goes back to being shit.

Lucent

Moderately excited for this. I'll get it because it's Mikami and Horror, though I expect it to be Survival Horror as much RE4 was (especially after seeing one of the achievements =_=).

If it's the achievement I think you mean, it's probably meant for more than one playthrough. But I dunno.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The keys are collected in the environment, hidden in breakable statues, one attached to a rat, so have to find them all in one playthrough for the achievement.

It will be nice to have your impressions ready day 1, however. I look forward to it.

If all goes well, Ill have a entire walkthrough ready at launch and a review. :) Also have some interview questions that might be going up near launch also via a website. Evil Within week is almost here.

If all goes well, Ill have a entire walkthrough ready at launch and a review. :) Also have some interview questions that might be going up near launch also via a website. Evil Within week is almost here.
try not to have a heart attack while playing :) and of course enjoy dat shit. you have been anticipating this more than most. looking forward to your impressions once embargoes lift-

(my 2 copies will be here soon enough)

try not to have a heart attack while playing :) and of course enjoy dat shit. you have been anticipating this more than most. looking forward to your impressions once embargoes lift-

(my 2 copies will be here soon enough)

I'll still be getting my other console version at launch. Just like Alien. Gotta support these new major horror games.

MrDaravon

I'm super interested to see how this turned out, I hope it's good. I know the very first initial hands-on with it seemed pretty bad, but then more recent word has been much more positive. I'm hoping to finally get a current-gen console in the next couple of months so I'll probably just wait to get it there.

CHC

Doesnt this game utilize a lot of classical music throughout the environment? That makes it sophisticated and shit rite guys

Literally lol at this, bravo.

Can't wait for this. The whole FPS thread is becoming a neurotic mess - I just want some goddamn Evil at this point.

Top Bottom