• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My stance will be different than most, and it may matter less to me because my gaming diet is commonly mixed with new and old games. It's disappointing, but not a dealbreaker for me, and I still think it'll be the best version of the game.

And there's a high chance that the frame rate can be broken anyways by modders. But to be seen. Even if not, it'll most likely still be the best version of the game.

The best version is probably the one developed by Tango and not the one outsourced.

PS4 is my bet, since it was most likely the lead platform.

Verger

Banned
I suppose it shouldn't be suprising that Tango themselves may not have worked on the PC version. Japanese devs in general just seem real averse to doing so. I mean, look at Dark Souls. Then I think Metal Gear Rising most recently had problems with its PC release that needed fixing.

Hopefully modders will be able to get into the system and tweak it if Bethesda refuses to do so.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Of course it's clear.
Is the information on who he is readily available? If so, let me at it.

Aye they're being suspicious.

CBOAT basically is a long time leaker on NeoGAF. He has been leaking things since the mid 2000s and has always been right. He's characterized by popping out of nowhere, saying something completely terribly written, but it being completely correct. And he's done it a large number of times for a large variety of games.

Grief.exe

The best version is probably the one developed by Tango and not the one outsourced.

Since all things are equal in terms of frame rate, the PC version looks to win out due to the dearth of settings available. The PC footage shown on various YouTube channels has looked a cut above the restm

Along with the option to run the game at higher resolutions and without black bars.

Dr Dogg

Well would be nice to hear it from the horses mouth and what the reason why it has been capped. Also let be honest it's better to ask the people who capped it in the first place to remove it since they hold the source code than expecting modders to have to figure it out.

Sn4ke_911

Since all things are equal in terms of frame rate, the PC version looks to win out due to the dearth of settings available. The PC footage shown on various YouTube channels has looked a cut above the restm

Along with the option to run the game at higher resolutions and without black bars.

Link me to those PC footage videos please.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

In an exclusive interview with Official Playstation Magazine UK, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami commended the power of Playstation 4 by saying that the console allowed him to create a more realistic horror-based video game.

Speaking of horror games, Mikami-san stated that resolution and lighting are the core components of creating a realistic horror video game and with the power of PS4, this seems like a possibility now. Mikami is currently working on Bethesda’s upcoming survival horror title, The Evil Within.

Sharing his experiences of developing for PS4, he stated that lighting holds vast significance in a horror game as it adds more variety to the situations:

So because the resolution’s higher, it’s more realistic. I can actually create something that’s more realistic. In the horror genre, [it’s about] the lighting. More lights in a level means there’s more variety in the situations, so that’s very good.

Obviously this is not the first time we have seen people positively appraising Sony’s current-gen hardware. Recently, Naughty Dog’s Community Strategist Arne Meyer stated that with The Last of Us: Remastered, they have merely scratched the surface of PS4’s computing power.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/08/04/evil-within-director-shinji-mikami-praises-ps4-high-end-specs/

Still thinking to get which version, PC or PS4 damn it.

^

Grief.exe

Link me to those PC footage videos please.

Check the old Evil Within hype thread. There was a German One at 1440p that was particularly good.

I don't have time to go digging right now.

Thanks for the info, but I'm all in. I don't pass up Mikami games.

I really want to play this game, but I just can't support lying to consumers. It's one of the huge problems in this industry and I need to put my money where my mouth is.

bryanee

CBOAT basically is a long time leaker on NeoGAF. He has been leaking things since the mid 2000s and has always been right. He's characterized by popping out of nowhere, saying something completely terribly written, but it being completely correct. And he's done it a large number of times for a large variety of games.

He hasn't always been right, I believe he got banned for a little while regarding Titanfall's resolution talk. But yeah the vast majority of the time he's pretty right.

UnrealEck

CBOAT basically is a long time leaker on NeoGAF. He has been leaking things since the mid 2000s and has always been right.

I'll take your word for it that he's always right. I'm sure his post history proves what you say too.
I guess with this along with Bethesda's deflections, it's reason to believe it's 30 FPS right enough.

vast majority of the time he's pretty right.

Fair enough.

Thanks for the info, but I'm all in. I don't pass up Mikami games.

fa5xoXHHJvgJy.gif

Dusk Golem

He hasn't always been right, I believe he got banned for a little while regarding Titanfall's resolution talk. But yeah the vast majority of the time he's pretty right.

True true, I shouldn't say completely. But at the same time, he's definitely more right than wrong, and he definitely has some sort of sources.

Sn4ke_911

Check the old Evil Within hype thread. There was a German One at 1440p that was particularly good.

I don't have time to go digging right now.

Yeah no, i can't find anything and i'm pretty sure we haven't seen the PC version yet.

fantomena

Sure. But he is the one leaking Dead Space 3 as being a "dudebro" shooter, he leaked hints for Halo 5 12 horus before the announcement and came up with lots of stuff for the Xbone that most of it turned out to be true.

kodecraft

I really want to play this game, but I just can't support lying to consumers. It's one of the huge problems in this industry and I need to put my money where my mouth is.

I completely understand but support the dev team in your heart. You basically got issues with the PUBLISHER and their business practices which again, I agree with your concern. I hate it too.

But if it's one thing I learned is to support what I like (Clover, Platinum Games, Tango) they honestly make/made the games I want to play.

gelf

This actually makes the VRAM thing more worrying for me as thats now revealed as a suggested requirement for just 30fps. Now 30 is absolutely fine for me but I need to be able to run the thing decently first.

Will wait until either I get a PS4 or testing from others says my system is fine.

I completely understand but support the dev team in your heart. You basically got issues with the PUBLISHER and their business practices which again, I agree with your concern. I hate it too.

But if it's one thing I learned is to support what I like (Clover, Platinum Games, Tango) they honestly make/made the games I want to play.

I wouldn't say they lied either, they just haven't come out and spilled the details on the PC verson. If anything, and the game is in fact only 30 capped. I don't blame them for just waiting for release due to the response people give. It can get a bit crazy. (Not Grief, persay) I agree though, sometimes you gotta support a dev you love and the vision they create for the game, even if it isn't perfect. Just as much as someone who can't support a team for not having a 60fps on their pc version... I CAN'T NOT support a team that is bringing a survival horror game that looks absolutely amazing.

I wouldn't say they lied either, they just haven't come out and spilled the details on the PC verson. If anything, and the game is in fact only 30 capped. I don't blame them for just waiting for release due to the response people give. It can get a bit crazy. (Not Grief, persay) I agree though, sometimes you gotta support a dev you love and the vision they create for the game, even if it isn't perfect. Just as much as someone who can't support a team for not having a 60fps on their pc version... I CAN'T NOT support a team that is bringing a survival horror game that looks absolutely amazing.

To be honest, wouldn't the game be made by Mikami I wouldn't even support it by buying the game or anything, I only support it because Mikami tries to go back to the survival horror roots and I try to support him with my purchase, other than that, the game wouldn't be on my radar.

Sn4ke_911

You can see an older version of the PC version in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fIQexipaE

Guy is playing the game at 1440p, and he comments in German he's playing the PC version. Though the video was made a few months before the game went gold.

Where does he say it's the PC version? but yeah it probably is the PC version since the IQ is just too damn good in this video.

Thanks.

Dusk Golem

Where does he say it's the PC version? but yeah it probably is the PC version since the IQ is just too damn good in this video.

Thanks.

In one of the parts I believe, I don't actually speak German so I don't know specifically but someone mentioned it before. He's also an exclusive PC gamer so it's probably PC, and the IQ is too good as you say.

Foggy

PC is my only option since I don't have any of the new consoles and watching the drama unfold in the fps thread makes me feel like I'm on an entirely different planet than the people melting down. I mean, yeah, I get the disappointment but holy shit you'd think this game was dead in the water or something.

Am I crazy or wasn't 30 fps speculated for quite some time? At least I was under that assumption.

This time next week I'll be having the time of my life playing this, while you guys can keep debating frames and pixels.

Have fun.

You missed a pixel in your avatar. DENIED :p *edit* oh shit, I did that did.... EPIC FAIL lol

lol yeah. 30fps never bothered me. And yes I've played 60fps games. Just doesn't bother me.

Taken from the other thread.... in resposne to my question... I shit you not. "Cause the way it runs is more important than what's actually there to play."

Lucent

Taken from the other thread.... in resposne to my question... I shit you not. "Cause the way it runs is more important than what's actually there to play."

lol wow. Would be like saying you'd rather play a crappy game in 60fps than TEW at 30fps. What?

lol yeah. 30fps never bothered me. And yes I've played 60fps games. Just doesn't bother me.

Do you play on PC? Would it not bother you if you chose a platform specifically because of the options it provides? But having those options taken away? I probably won't cancel my preorder but I will be severely disappointed if it's capped at 30fps because there is no reason for that to be the case.

Top Bottom