• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit getting REAL - Dow CRASHES nearly 0.7% - Energy/Tech Reeling, Society Collapsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Based on this thread, I have already killed my neighbors for their supplies and to eat their corpses. Also one of them had some gold.

I hope that was an appropriate response! Shit is real after all.

Based on this thread, I have already killed my neighbors for their supplies and to eat their corpses. Also one of them had some gold.

I hope that was an appropriate response! Shit is real after all.

I've personally enslaved my neighborhood for cheap labor as well as sex slaves for post-apocalyptic currency.

Gotta think long term

cirrhosis

Is the title a mod edit, or is OP being overly dramatic?
DOW dropping 1% is child's play.
& Twitter dropping 6% is awesome...

OP's just being dramatic. The 'Society Collapsing' portion is mod edit

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well it's not that easy lol

not that easy in the real world

You guys act as if the declining fossil fuels market comes as a surprise. With how many 1st world governments are pushing to lower dependence why would this make a good long-term career choice?

It isn't that hard to transition to careers in other industries (I used to be in a position in the fuel industry and have moved on). The hardest hit will be those on the bottom of said industry since re-skilling may be more difficult for them.

3947037+_d2e372fb5a8bb82f04fd5a9fccc1138c.jpg

1336662154171.jpg

Why didn't we listen to Ron Pau!?

It's just not today.The market has been very sluggish this year in general. I think people are waiting for a crash coupled (i thibk 5 years straifht of double digit growh)with what happened in Greece and the China stock market, people seem to be more wary. Some just wabt to take profite and wait foe the market to crash.If the Feds so raise rates this year, that will add fuel to the fire.

I'm concerned.

gcubed

i burned down my neighborhood already and you are telling me now its not that bad?

Well, at least i am ready

Yeah, I've seen a few Facebook posts from stay-at-home investors (who are also, coincidentally, poker players), that the stock market is going to total shit, etc.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Fucking twitter can suck my balls!

Not sure why I even bought it, I hate the service personally.

Any of the social media stocks were only good for their IPOs. Beyond that they can't really do anything to increase their value that won't drive away their customers.

Buying them after IPO is a suckers bet unless you want to ride a short term gain of some news story.

Quick update.

My slave labor has revolted, I'm hiding out in my secret bunker. I can hear them searching for me, anyone who sends help will be greatly rewarded for thei j45ioq 45

Flo_Evans

Any of the social media stocks were only good for their IPOs. Beyond that they can't really do anything to increase their value that won't drive away their customers.

Buying them after IPO is a suckers bet unless you want to ride a short term gain of some news story.

That was the plan... :p

Code:
12.00	768.16	351.24	-416.92	-54.28%

Not sure if I should just take the $400 tax break. I doubt they are going to go out of business anytime soon but IDK about it ever breaking even >_<.

pigeon

Banned
Quick update.

My slave labor has revolted, I'm hiding out in my secret bunker. I can hear them searching for me, anyone who sends help will be greatly rewarded for thei j45ioq 45

This is why I rolled my eyes when you said slavery was a long-term investment. Hello, historical record! Cannibalism is a better choice and I stand by it.

Old wall street adage is sell in May and go away, return to the market in November. While its historically NOT held true the last few years, a 0.52% drop in a day is absolutely nothing.

You want to know brutal? The chinese stock market is in almost freefall, dropping 30% or more this summer so far. It had a 8.5% drop last week in a single day. It should have maybe a bigger impact on the US market, but then again maybe money is fleeing there and moving into US assets.

gcubed

This is why I rolled my eyes when you said slavery was a long-term investment. Hello, historical record! Cannibalism is a better choice and I stand by it.

you can smoke some good meat also make some jerky. Stuff has good shelf life without refrigeration

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Yes. You'll want to melt the gold down and coat the bullets in them. This event portends the coming of the Super Werewolves (silver bullets won't cut it), as per the Quran.
I laughed out loud!

A drop of 1% will even out over the span of a week. Recessions and depressions even out over 20-30 years.

A drop of 1% almost warrants reading an article. But mostly it just changing the channel and listening to real news will suffice.

pretty much how I feel, but I've been known to have a terrible understanding of financials..

Javaman

OP Is this the first day you've actually looked at stock prices? These are normal fluctuations. Hell on a non-news day it'll sometimes drop 3x as much.

Wreav

Banned
From

Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(Today, 12:40 PM)

to

Vanillalite
Don't ask me about the stock market
(Today, 12:40 PM)

Everybody's darling AAPL is now in Bear territory having lost more than 20% off it's 52 week high.

158 Billion dollars lost in market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom