• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Showcase Announced for May 30

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
As someone who preordered Silent Hill 2 on PS2 at Babbages, many years ago. I have no clue what to expect. So far the great come back of Silent Hill hasn’t done much except keep the franchise alive. I can’t tell if that’s a good thing or not. I definitely want the Silent Hill 2 remake. I just wish it had gotten some love from the original team.

Perrott

Can't wait to see Silent Hill f in motion, and hopefully we have news of an original, Japanese-developed Silent Hill too.

Itchy Tickles

Gold Member
Just want some trailers and dates (P.C day one cheers). Guessing the remake will be next to be released as we've seen more of it than the other 2. I am optimistic / dead inside for the remake, dunno which yet.

Last edited:
Didn’t dusk say that there was atleast 1 other silent hill game in development that hasn’t been teased or hinted at? maybe we will see something tomorrow

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Didn’t dusk say that there was atleast 1 other silent hill game in development that hasn’t been teased or hinted at? maybe we will see something tomorrow

I think the other one was that SMS game that came out earlier this year, and was pretty bad.

SH2 remake will likely be all profit for Konami, but i hope they don’t decide to then turn Silent Hill into Bloober Hill (i bet Bloob will do an original game)

Last edited:

iu

What the fuck does this even mean?
Bigger or expanded areas to explore I’m assuming which imo will probably lead to unnecessary bloat and pointless side/fetch quests or something? Not sure I like them trying to make SH2 bigger. It’s good as is imo.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I'm here for Silent Hill f and Townfall. Please give gameplay on both. Nothing else matters.
I'm more optimistic than most on SH2 Remake but Townfall is what I'm still excited about the most. No Code fucking rules.
I am still left wondering what the game is, but I am defeinitely excited for it. It has the series trademark audio design on lock.

Bigger or expanded areas to explore I’m assuming which imo will probably lead to unnecessary bloat and pointless side/fetch quests or something? Not sure I like them trying to make SH2 bigger. It’s good as is imo.
I felt the original SH2 was already too damn long. It did not need prison and underground apartments at all.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

To be fair, SH2 can be routinely beaten in under 2 hours once you know what you are doing.

GrayChild

Reminder to lower your expectations.

Short Message was a disappointment.
Ascension was unimaginably bad.
There is no reason to believe Silent Hill will ever be good again.
Exactly.

If anything, we realized that even Ito and Yamaoka themselves can't save a Silent Hill game from being underwhelming. We'll always have the original Team Silent games, but I think it's time to just let the series go.

Reminder to lower your expectations.

Short Message was a disappointment.
Ascension was unimaginably bad.
There is no reason to believe Silent Hill will ever be good again.
I'm expecting absolutely nothing and yet, I'm absolutely sure that I'll be disappointed, I mean, this is Konami and Bloober that we're talking about 🤔

I feel that what Konami should have done was do a Silent Hill 1 remake from a great dev, have the return to silent hill movie, and then another AAA original game from another great dev to revive the franchise but they probably didnt want to pay the $400 million dollars or whatever that would cost

Top Bottom