• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Showcase Announced for May 30

Arachnid

All I can say, you will be surprised how good the game looks. Only James's face is a question mark, the rest they nailed including the creepy feel. They stayed true to the original and didnt do as many deviations like the RE remake games did.
If the game is double the length, it's hard to believe there are no deviations.

Still, with Akira onboard, it can't be a total failure. I'm sure he's giving appropriate input.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
All I can say, you will be surprised how good the game looks. Only James's face is a question mark, the rest they nailed including the creepy feel. They stayed true to the original and didnt do as many deviations like the RE remake games did.
How about Maria's face?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Reminder to lower your expectations.

Short Message was a disappointment.
Ascension was unimaginably bad.
There is no reason to believe Silent Hill will ever be good again.
Short Message was good. Not amazing, but not bad either.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Reminder to lower your expectations.

Short Message was a disappointment.
Ascension was unimaginably bad.
There is no reason to believe Silent Hill will ever be good again.

I'm expecting an absolute fucking turd of a show, full of bullshit microtransaction pushing, and other ways to fleece the audience of their money. Not sure how my expectations could be any lower, unless they plan on just murdering Akira Yamaoka live on stage.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I am more excited for this than the PlayStation State of Play! If they have uncut gameplay segment on display I will be satisfied.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

So, in your opinion, the graphics is the same as the initial teaser ? Because in the combat trailer something was in some ways different ? I don't want to say downgraded but less "cinematic" maybe ? I know that the reason could be an old build, maybe!

kunonabi

If the game is double the length, it's hard to believe there are no deviations.

Still, with Akira onboard, it can't be a total failure. I'm sure he's giving appropriate input.
Akira means jack shit outside of the music and this has been made apparent several times already.

As for the James likeness I think a large part of it is they want to completely supplant the original cast moving forward after all the drama and to completely reclaim the game for themselves. They signed their rights away legally sure but in terms of actual mindshare the OG cast still takes up a huge chunk of SH2's legacy.

and yes Konami is that petty.

Arachnid

'Akira means jack shit outside of the music and this has been made apparent several times already.

As for the James likeness I think a large part of it is they want to completely supplant the original cast moving forward after all the drama and to completely reclaim the game for themselves. They signed their rights away legally sure but in terms of actual mindshare the OG cast still takes up a huge chunk of SH2's legacy.

and yes Konami is that petty.
My bad man, not Akira. He doesn't do creative input, like you mentioned. I meant Ito. He's even making changes to the original he believes to be improvements, so we'll see how much that counts for.

You know, I had actually completely forgotten about all that. For a professional corporation, it is wild that every flagship title of theirs is marred by controversy.

Top Bottom