• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

NEO0MJ

He lost at the same time as Dahlia and she's more popular.

Still too early :mad:

Three is even better and the only way to stop this chairfucking train.

I thought you were part of the team, Solar ;_;

Guess I'll just go huddle my chair...

teOxcrf.png

Moonlight

Banned
You have enough faith for us both.
Believe in the me, who believes in you, who believes in Juju.

But seriously, if Ravid is reading, as much as I like the idea of an accelerated time table, I've been doing some thinking and I think if it's gonna happen, it should start Round 2 of the second vote at the earliest. It's very fair to say that pretty much everyone knows how the vote works by now, but I think you should keep the first week on the same time-scale.

This first vote has pretty much given everyone a good impression of who's more popular within the voting base, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that people would be largely done campaigning after this. People who were supporting the characters that didn't survive the first cut at last now have a decent impression of how popular their choices were, and will be motivated to push them even further. It's also not fair to a new arrival like Juju, and I feel like putting the entire second vote on a fast track pretty much squelches any chance at all she could pick up some sort of buzz. Putting her in on the second round of the first vote would have been unfair to everyone else, but not allowing what fans she has enough time to spread the word handicaps her just as much.

I still support the accelerated vote, just make it a bit more gradual, I guess?

Ravidrath

So someone on Twitter mentioned that there are salty people saying they're going to demand refunds if their favorite characters don't win the vote?

I really hope this isn't the case, because it could seriously fuck us down the line if that happens.

Beckx

Do you want three ladies competing with each other instead?

I am still not convinced they are competing. I think that, say, Eliza and Annie have mostly distinct voting groups, and if one were out, they won't automatically vote for the other. Meanwhile Minette fans just want to see the world burn if she's not top 4.

So someone on Twitter mentioned that there are salty people saying they're going to demand refunds if their favorite characters don't win the vote?

I really hope this isn't the case, because it could seriously fuck us down the line if that happens.

A. I hate people.

B. Time to accelerate the voting, eliminate the time for I HATE YOUR FAVORITE THING madness & bad feelings.

C. I hope the indiegogo rules don't allow assholes to actually do that. But seriously, I hope that wouldn't be more than just a random jerk or three.

Mr. Fix

BNCKuiB.gif

I didn't know you could get a refund once the campaign ended. That really sucks.

These people need thicker skin, though it didn't even cross my mind that the people donating last minute (or even for the 1st pick) were banking solely on the character they wanted. Hell, it isn't even guaranteed, I thought that much was clear.

Thores

What? If that happens you can just tell them no, right?

All you promised us was the opportunity to vote. Do they not know how votes work?

alstein

Refuse them. Having your character win is not part of what you donated for.

Anbec7

If that's the case accelerate everything don't give the haters a chance.

Also doesn't indiegogo have a rule about this? I mean the campaign is over.

EDIT: Also people DONATED to SQUIGLY the fact that everything escalated that quick was because of the hype.
Beside people should see that not ANY developer give us the chance like you guy did (Choose the character? Tell me who does that?! in the end they always choose whatever the hell they want!)

Ravidrath

I didn't know you could get a refund once the campaign ended. That really sucks.

Well, there's always the potential for chargebacks down the line, too. Which I don't think anyone can defend against.

This is what I'm really worried about, because Paypal is ALL up in our grill and demanding collateral, evidence that we're a real business, etc. to make them feel protected in case of chargebacks.

I would categorically refuse any recharges from this point onward. You're USING THE MONEY.

Yeah, I've told Indiegogo that the time for refunds is over.

sandman64

Neo Member
Need some evil/crazyface Eliza art.

Not for the last time, I wish I had artistic talent. She's crying out for a Boris Vallejo interpretation.

I'm working on Eliza fan art now, my focus was to do a crazy/evil Eliza but I'm having trouble making the face convincing, but I'll still keep the gruesome theme....look forward to it.

Beckx

I'm working on Eliza fan art now, my focus was to do a crazy/evil Eliza but I'm having trouble making the face convincing, but I'll still keep the gruesome theme....look forward to it.

Google "Akivasha the vampire" for inspiration on the face. :)

--------------------------------------

Chargebacks. Ugh.

The salt is too much, people are resorting to the jackass option select.

Can you guys just legally say "NO" to that?

If we somehow manage to raise $600,000, as soon as we regain our composure we’ll create a third character, voted on by the community.

Nowhere does it say that they will get the character they want, they will get the character the funders vote for and that's exactly what you are doing, so they should have no reason to order a refund.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I doubt it will happen. And in the strange case people do ask for refunds just refuse. They took part in the voting up until now, they were given an opportunity to participate in an event that they would've been unable to otherwise had they not donated.

Ravidrath

I doubt it will happen. And in the strange case people do ask for refunds just refuse. They took part in the voting up until now, they were given an opportunity to participate in an event that they would've been unable to otherwise had they not donated.

If it happens I doubt the percentage of people doing it would be very high. But I'm definitely taking a defensive posture now.

sandman64

Neo Member
Well, there's always the potential for chargebacks down the line, too. Which I don't think anyone can defend against.

This is what I'm really worried about, because Paypal is ALL up in our grill and demanding collateral, evidence that we're a real business, etc. to make them feel protected in case of chargebacks.

Yeah, I've told Indiegogo that the time for refunds is over.

You've got to protect yourselves. Think of something. Steam protects itself and the developers by locking out a steam account if they do a chargeback on a product without going through customer service (sometimes accidents do happen afterall, so customer service can take care of it).

If the people who paid $30 and above had their steam account tied to their buying of the steam key, they would think twice about doing something as selfish as a revenge chargeback.

What bunch of dicks.

wow
tumblr_ml1ob5NgtL1qfnbkio1_500.png

I think beo might actually secretly be moe too guiz.
Prettywolf

Edit: Wrong quote
A. I hate people.

B. Time to accelerate the voting, eliminate the time for I HATE YOUR FAVORITE THING madness & bad feelings.

C. I hope the indiegogo rules don't allow assholes to actually do that. But seriously, I hope that wouldn't be more than just a random jerk or three.
Yeah... speeding the voting process up to two votes a week is looking wiser and wiser by the minute. Salt overloads are resulting in some some fucking stupid reactions.

Moonlight

Banned

What the fuck.

NEO0MJ

Wow, WTF. Yeah, it was fun watching people losing their shit over this voting process, but I really think the voting has to be sped now to avoid backlash like this. Next vote has to be at most 3 days a round.

And really, what right do they think they have? Your favorite character was never promised, only thee chance to vote for him.

Cyrano

Does the internet fuckwad theory really need to be invoked? Because honestly, all these people saying they'll do *things* (TM) is pretty ridiculous.

Moonlight

Banned
This took me, like, a minute to do in Photoshop, but I couldn't resist.

tumblr_mld7m0158A1s75o5wo1_1280.png

This goes double for those salty enough to threaten a refund.

Just biding my time for the Eliza upset.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Stanley show up either having finally figured out how to make Tumblr work and tag searching it. Frankly I think the audience for Stanley is probably stronger than Isaac if they're any indication. People seem to be consistently surprised with how well Stanley does and how far he's made it, I won't be surprised this round.

Revised Top 4 :
Annie - Beowulf - Stanley - Eliza

And in this grouping I don't see a single character with an obvious advantage.

------

I was looking forward to the longer time scale just because it keeps the conversation going and makes the wait for Squigly seem a bit more bearable in comparison but if the salt levels are really reaching critical mass here then yeah, I think it'd probably be better to speed things up. Further justification given by the majority of voters from the previous round having already voted in the first couple days of the new poll's release. It's clear this whiddling down of the characters have made people prioritize who their first and second characters are.

I guess the faster this poll business is finished with then the faster the focus will shift to all the other fantastic content coming in the next big patch; Squigly, Guest VO's, and stages. Not like we'll be seeing any of the fan voted characters until the end of the year anyway.

If people are threatening chargebacks, wouldn't it be best to slow the voting or keep it at its current pace. Most CC companies have a time limit that you can issue a chargeback in.

Wow, WTF. Yeah, it was fun watching people losing their shit over this voting process, but I really think the voting has to be sped now to avoid backlash like this. Next voote has to be at most 3 days a round.
Yeah, vote number two needs to stick with the two per week format.

Nyoro SF

Since it looks like Marie doesn't have much support from the first round, I'll be swapping her with Juju on the next round of voting.

Oh lord, it's Tuesday and already people are losing their bananas.

This is what Ravidrath planned from the start! You're all just playing to his tune!

If PF doesn't get to top 4 I am probably going to cry.

Nyoro SF

You're leaving Peacock's waifu? Disgusting

If annie wins my round 1 vote will be: Minette/JuJu/Venus/Marie

#TeamFeng

Haha.

Well... My original fantastic four was Marie/Beowulf/Aeon/Feng. I knew Aeon had a shot when she was revealed because she looks cool. Feng I'm surprised she was eliminated early because I thought she had a lot of appeal as well. Marie didn't receive much secondary support from anyone and Beowulf is an obvious frontrunner.

So the substitution is pretty easy. Here's hoping Juju will do a better job than whats-her-face from Darker than Black Season 2.

7Th

I still think they should have just made 2 polls instead of extending it to 4. I'm sure that we would have had almost the exact same final 8 if we had cut 24 from the beginning.

Mr. Fix

its cannon!

Real talk, Im only going to be salty if Annie wins. We have practically NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY INFORMATION ABOUT HER. Seriously wtf guys and her potentially playing like Herpa-Derp badguy isn't a good thing.

I mentioned this earlier. It's why I still prefer Beo over Annie. I just hope she does end up playing like Sol Badguy, based on what I've seen. You're right though, it's only potentially.

Azure J

tumblr_mld6xlDVvn1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg

I love this fanart trend so much.

I'm not nearly well versed enough in Skullgirls lore, so tell me, is Parasoul this much of an Annie of The Stars nerd or is it just fanart playing it up to high levels?

If the former, most awesome side thing to a character ever. If the latter, fanartists are great. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Are there not restrictions in place that would limit chargebacks like that? I'm sure you're a legitimate business, and no amount of posturing from Paypal or their customers are going to change that.

Anyway, it's unfortunate you have to deal with some idiots, but I can't imagine the chargebacks going through given the circumstances. Frozen while a dispute is ongoing, maybe, but I don't see how a credit company decides it favor of the chargeback. Paypal is probably just covering their asses. They don't know anything about your company and are probably getting several requests/tickets all at the same time, which sets off alarms.

Mr. Fix

I'm not nearly well versed enough in Skullgirls lore, so tell me, is Parasoul this much of an Annie of The Stars nerd or is it just fanart playing it up to high levels?

If the former, most awesome side thing to a character ever. If the latter, fanartists are great. :lol

She's actually secretly a fan.

Top Bottom