• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

GatorBait

Every Thursday night, a number of the Skull Girls staff (and voice actors in the game) gather at a cupcake shop (I forget the name) and stream Skull Girls being played along with small tournaments. It is currently streamed at this address: http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

The staff and voice actors actively engage with the fans commenting and answer questions, inquiries, the like.

Edit: Ah, yes. The place is called Frootsii's, they seem to serve all types of dessert and boba.

Thank you! Well, it looks like I know what I'm doing this Thursday night now!

Kioshen

If they were able to extend the campaign wouldn't they be able to accept late entries because of refunds ? That way we could have an archive of it and "fix" the number like it's supposed to be.

LuffyZoro

If they were able to extend the campaign wouldn't they be able to accept late entries because of refunds ? That way we could have an archive of it and "fix" the number like it's supposed to be.

They're already accepting Paypal donations now, it's just that Troubled Bat messed up the nice IndieGogo number.

The best way to find out would be if the game kept track of character usage, and then collected that info whenever people connected online.

But I think it's safe to say that Painwheel is the least played. The people that do play her are scary though.

NEO0MJ

The best way to find out would be if the game kept track of character usage, and then collected that info whenever people connected online.

But I think it's safe to say that Painwheel is the least played. The people that do play her are scary though.

Who's the most played in your experience. I don't play this game at all right now but would like to know. My guess is Ms.Fortune?

Also, I'm really puzzled by that "each will have its own voting process" part of the vote. Wonder what they mean. It would be kinda pointless to have another vote after all, unless the plan is to have the second character chosen from the character that got disqualified in the first vote.

Don't you say that! I actually contributed $50, it was just combined with my GF's $50. D:

lol

Who's the most played in your experience. I don't play this game at all right now but would like to know. My guess is Ms.Fortune?

Also, I'm really puzzled by that "each will have its own voting process" part of the vote. Wonder what they mean. It would be kinda pointless to have another vote after all, unless the plan is to have the second character chosen from the character that got disqualified in the first vote.

Valentine and Parasoul probably, but that's probably because I watch too much of the Salty stream . . .

Everyone seems to get a fair amount of play online. Solos, Doubles, Triples, the entire cast.

There's only eight characters, and the game's really balanced, so that really shouldn't be too surprising.

Actually from my experience online, and a couple of my friends have my team. ._. Which is Filia/Parasoul, I always see it online when I play. Don't know why.

NEO0MJ

Everyone seems to get a fair amount of play online. Solos, Doubles, Triples, the entire cast.

There's only eight characters, and the game's really balanced, so that really shouldn't be too surprising.

Yeah, considering it's a new ip, no established fan-favorites and with such a limited cast I guess it makes sense that you'll see most of the cast frequently.

Dartastic

I want Minette and Eliza

I'd still use Feng

Because Minette.
I'm down with Eliza. Minette though? ehhhhhh... I'd rather have Feng. For sure. JUST READ THIS AWESOMENESS.

"As a graceful acrobat, Feng is able to use her ghostly bird friends to assist her in various ways. She can place them on the stage as focal points that can bend her jumps and aerial attack trajectories or open other high-flying movement options. Keeping them close would enhance her specials and supers, instead."

I also kinda dig Regina.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can play as her in MVC2. She's called Roll.

Playstyle Speculation
A cute, clumsy waitress, Minette is primarily concerned with making her customers happy. Throughout the match she delivers food to passers-by who ride past on bikes, jump down from the sky, pop up from the sewer, or otherwise appear to harass the opponent for Minette’s sake. She can collect her tips with a super, and the more she collects the happier she gets! Maybe when she’s happy enough she’ll even have the confidence to overcome her clumsiness...

Gameplay Inspiration
Roll (Tatsunoko vs Capcom), Maya (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3), Karin’s match intro (Street Fighter Alpha 3), Frank West (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), Dan (Super Gem Fighter), Hisui and Kohaku (Melty Blood), Multi and Manaka (Aquapazza), Boyd (The Rumble Fish 2), Osaka (Azumanga Daioh), Kyosuke (Capcom vs. SNK 2 / Rival Schools)

That's not really Roll sounds more like an actual fun version of Frank West

jett

D-Member
FYI, if possible don't vote until after every week's Salty Cupcake stream. If you vote early you will miss out on the character campaigns and information from each stream which is pretty vital to voting. Case in point, I saved this from last nights /sgg/ thread:

I know I will regret posting this because it's going to cost Umbrella votes :(

Stanley has already won.

SupaNaab

After seeing the Stanley palettes last night, I took some requests on /sgg/ and did some of my own for Molly while watching Final Round XVI this morning. I wasn't a big fan of colouring Molly's skin for someone like Tager. It just didn't look right imo.

XdmCgnR.png

Azure J

I think my votes are...

Beowulf
Isaac
Stanley
Eliza

Mariel's going to be mad that I didn't pick Venus.

Issac and Eliza?

ibQOhlpVAHncd.png

I'm currently having a dilemma between supporting some of the deity types (Venus, Aeon) or sticking to my guns with Black Dahlia for my last vote.

Edit: Matrix Stanley and Optimus/Tron Molly are awesome.

Kioshen

They're already accepting Paypal donations now, it's just that Troubled Bat messed up the nice IndieGogo number.

I know that. What I meant was for indigogo itself to reaccept troubled bat's contribution after the fact to fix the number shown at the funding page.

Ravidrath

I know that. What I meant was for indigogo itself to reaccept troubled bat's contribution after the fact to fix the number shown at the funding page.

I've asked IGG if I can give $2 to fix it. They've been very cool and supportive, so I think they'll go along with it.

Roubjon

Due to some bank problems I wasn't able to increase my contribution to a higher reward tier in time. Can I still do that t through a direct payment with PayPal? And will I also have to pay the extra $6?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
After seeing the Stanley palettes last night, I took some requests on /sgg/ and did some of my own for Molly while watching Final Round XVI this morning. I wasn't a big fan of colouring Molly's skin for someone like Tager. It just didn't look right imo.

*Highfive* They all work out really well, I'd say :)

And those Stanley colors... it'd be very nice to have someone with a Trenchcoat + Non human palette expectatons in the game. Zoidberg Stanley should 100% be a thing.

Mista Koo

I need to remove two, but:
Andy, Samson, Eliza, Black Dahlia, Stanley, Umbrella.

Good job at bringing up that Roy Bromwell side that's so prevalent with him!
While I saw it as well, but I'm not voting for him since there doesn't seem to be anything more to it than the outfit.

AdCR6wi.png

The other is just because. The eyes looked cool.

Venus in various Catsuits rather than the Lingerie that she has now
if that was the case I might be interested in voting for her.

Top Bottom