• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Well, I have to keep in mind where I'm posting...

TallDangerousKitfox.gif

#TeamCharacterTonight

*Replaced

So wait, is ThisIsNeoGAF.GIF banned, or not? I found the thread asking about its origin and as of last year, it was.

Anyway, I'm firmly on #TeamIAlreadyPostedTheStyxSongOnceWhyPostItAgainGuysPleaseDontDoThisToYourselvesYourUncleZubzLovesYou .

We're definitely getting a character soon. Just give it a month or so.

Sponge

Banned
So wait, is ThisIsNeoGAF.GIF banned, or not? I found the thread asking about its origin and as of last year, it was.

Anyway, I'm firmly on #TeamIAlreadyPostedTheStyxSongOnceWhyPostItAgainGuysPleaseDontDoThisToYours elvesYourUncleZubzLovesYou .

We're definitely getting a character soon. Just give it a month or so.

Really now? I've heard nothing about it. I won't chance it then and remove that if that's the case.

Yeah, we're definitely getting more content in a few months at the most.

.......id be lying if I said that I think a stage is all were getting.

At least make Mii available for all modes!! That would be a personal megaton.

Zubz

Banned
Really now? I've heard nothing about it. I won't chance it then and remove that if that's the case.

Yeah, we're definitely getting more content in a few months at the most.

I mean, I've seen it used rather recently, too. I just looked it up for the Stephen Colbert thread, found a thread about the origin, saw posts saying it was as of last year (Even the GIF itself was nowhere to be found) just honestly unsure now, and I don't know if I should Necro the thread to ask...

And I will admit, with the total disregard they've given to patches in the past, I'll admit that I wouldn't be surprised if a patch was coming tonight. So much as a second stage would be shocking, but a patch wouldn't be out of left field, and Nintendo doesn't give them the attention they deserve (Or even patch notes, which I'd argue are a basic human right), so that'd explain why nothing else is being advertised.

Tyeforce

September 30th also marks the final day of Club Nintendo in Japan and Europe... Not that that's necessarily related to the Smash Bros. update at all, but I thought it was an interesting observation... We've still not heard anything about Nintendo's new loyalty program, either... I wonder if this might just be related in some way? Probably not, but still...

Hearing just how much more powerful the n3DS is compared to og3DS, if that had been the handheld from the very start, Ice Climbers may have been saved... :'(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Maybe if we are lucky Sakurai and company will have forgotten to double check the files and we find something corresponding to a future update.

I'd like to stay up for the update, but I'll probably crash early and wake up early to download it in the AM. I wish they'd do a time like the N64 stages, having them go live at like 10PM EST or whatever was great.

Ryce

Nintendo of Japan started uploading new videos to their YouTube channel 30 minutes ago, so if there's any kind of announcement from them it's going to come soon.

TDLink

I do think it is fishy that the update and mario maker stage are getting no advance promotion/reminder tweets. Just that video announcement a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a video of some sort detailing "today's" DLC tomorrow either before or after the actual release of the content. There is no way they are releasing no new mii costumes at minimum, and they would definitely remind people about the stage.

More than they already have? My aesthetic sense can't take any more!

There's no more room on the 3DS for more tiles, so they have to either make them tiny or completely destroy all usability and sanity by adding a second page.

I'm thinking they'll just badly rescale the tiles. Sakurai's not insane enough to add a second page to a Smash Bros character select screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom