• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

I'm all over this motherfucker. I'm really glad to see them packing in two controllers this time.

I guess we better prepare for another painful experience trying to secure one of these things?

...And so my watch begins.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No Chrono Trigger, no buy.

I'd feel more strongly about its absence if I didn't have the DS version. Like, I'd be more bummed if it had CT but didn't have FF3(6), since that game doesn't have a recent release with classic graphics.

kbohs

Star Fox 1/2 and Yoshi's Island better mean we finally get Super FX games on Switch Virtual Console.

I will riot otherwise.

I would like to officially offer my condolence to everyone not able to get a SNES Classic because you will never ever ever ever be able to

Timeaisis

Square licenses three of their biggest and best selling SNES RPGs but doesn't license Chrono Trigger...

Meaning they are remaking Chrono Trigger, obviously.

Rellik

WHERE IS EU ??

We better get the superior SNES again

snes+eu.jpg

Keinning

take kirby dream course out and put goof troop and maybe i'll consider buying it (just consider because the damn thing is probably already sold out by now)

God damn. Throw in DKC2/3, CT, and Turtles in Time, you have a very good approximation of the SNES games I have played almost every summer for the past 20 years.

deleted

This is pretty much perfect for me!

Hopefully they don't change out Mario RPG for some other game in Europe...
And they'll include Dream Course! Nice!!
Final Fantasy III btw is IV or V?

Edit: Hopefully we can preorder soon, I want one ASAP!

As far as Nintendo first party games, the lack of Pilotwings, Super Tennis, and SimCity is a huge disappointment for me. :(

Surprised ActRaiser didn't make the cut, either.

I'm mostly interested in what they're going to do to avoid the stock problems experienced with the NES Classic. I think everyone besides the scalpers would agree that was some proper bullshit.

Knowing Nintendo, absolutely nothing. So you better be on the pre-order hunt from the moment it's available, or you'll never see one.

Cepheus

Damn, this looks good. I didn't want the NES Classic, but I'll happily buy this to support the Mother series in the West. If they release an EU version. Also, Star Fox 2

kc44135

Damn, I almost kinda want onw, lol. What are the odds we see Star Fox and Yoshi's Island on the Switch Virtual Console I wonder?

Zutrax

If this thing is poorly stocked, has no way to be pre-ordered, and I can never get one. Gods help you Nintendo.

I got an NES Classic, but I would gladly give that up in a heartbeat for the SNES Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom