• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSqueak

Banned
In hindsight:

The nes got Earthbound Zero beginnings, the Snes got Star Fox 2, wonder if nintendo is gonna release an unreleased N64 game next.

Chrono Trigger and DKC2 are the only choice titles I think are "missing" but at least Nintendo is mostly holding to variety. You can't have too many RPGs and if you have to choose a DK game, it should be one where you play as DK. As much as the sequel is the superior game, I feel that DKC1 is more iconic.

FFIII is good for a traditional RPG and Secret of Mana makes sense for an action RPG. Earthbound and Mario RPG are good picks for quirky RPGs. Unless you make the argument for having more games on the system for the same price, you have to admit that genre diversity is important and having one more JRPG may have been too much.

I totally bet Nintendo had to debate wherever giving the spot to CT or Final Fantasy and prolly went with FF for the brand recognition.

To be fair, it's a though choice.

StarPhlox

This is about as perfect a list as one could make for this thing. The only thing I would do if I were curating it would be to swap Kirby's Dream Course for Chrono Trigger.

LOL I know, right?!

The fact Star Fox 2 is coming with this is just blowing my mind. This is the exact thing the Star Fox brand in particular needs after poor poor Star Fox Zero.

Kuraudo

Banned
DDQnmoyXcAAbWFO.jpg

That's more like it.

But give us all those games that were never released in Europe.

Brunire

This is pretty much perfect for me!

Hopefully they don't change out Mario RPG for some other game in Europe...
And they'll include Dream Course! Nice!!
Final Fantasy III btw is IV or V?

Edit: Hopefully we can preorder soon, I want one ASAP!

FFVI.

Sold out by 6/27.

Discontinued on 9/28.

Could the NES Classic even be pre-ordered in the U.S.? I remember most places not allowing it.

Glix

As much as I want this I will put 0 effort into finding it.

I'm still so salty about the NES classic and I find it particularly offensive that they are still continuing the "classic" line of hardware without restocking the NES.

Wow, I'm actually pretty mad, I realize as I type this.

Anyway, 9/29 is my birthday and if one of these ends up being a gift I will be psyched, but I will not be asking for one, nor trying to procure one.

sw26

Will definitely preorder this if Amazon UK takes preorders again.

Not going to miss out like I did with the NES. Great lineup of games!

Dehnus

I'm sorry...Star Fox 2? Why the fuck couldn't you have released this on Virtual Console I dunno...TEN YEARS AGO?

DUH! Because Roms can't be scalped? Nintendo has their retailers to think off, AKA Joey Methhead on the corner. One of the main retail chains Nintendo has.

Please, understand.

Amir0x

Banned
Omg it has Earthbound!

God fuck I said I wouldn't do it after the NES mini design problems, but they did the ONE fucking thing...

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
These will be non-existent in store shelves, so cheers to those buying one of these.

Own most of these titles anyways so I'm not missing much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom