• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces lets you create your own character [Update: Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the lankiness of the model, grappling hook, ability to wear accessories like a scarf and my total disinterest in making an original character I'll just make Sonic Boom Sonic.

That's about 350mg of caffeine in the worst case scenario. That would be a lot to someone who isn't very acclimated to caffeine, but shouldn't be lethal. Makes me think he had an undiagnosed condition or something.
Are you telling me Sonic is actually addicted to caffeine and that's why he always has to go fast?

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
All the hyperbole aside, kudos to Sonic Team for actually trying something new.

"Don't want a new shitty friend shoved down your throat? Fine, make your own!"

Nesther

Went from very little interest to max hype. Goddamn this is a great idea. I can see this being one of the best selling Sonic games.

I'm not surprised. The one business savvy decision they've made in a long time.

To be honest the idea itself isn't bad, still hilarious though. However, the problem I have with it is that instead of focusing on getting the gameplay right, they've decided to tack this on because it's easier. And then it's not even like this is going to be in depth, just pick an animal and color and gadget, you're done.

I'm frankly surprised at this, watching the trailer it looks fine and the gameplay for that style could honestly be interesting.

I think my only real concern is still classic and modern's level design and mechanics. Having the wisps back worries me.

We'll see how this goes...bold move on Sonic Team's part though.
The trophy for creating a character better be "Original Character, Please Don't Steal"

It's too good of an opportunity

I'm sure Aaron has that in mind when they're writing up the trophies set.

rtcn63

Are you telling me Sonic is actually addicted to caffeine and that's why he always has to go fast?

Super Sonic

4977e939c3cadcfa03a649ccef59f9de.gif

Way to make Sonic less special by giving the rest of these nobodies his attributes, Sonic Team.

That's... kind of not true, though. Watch the trailer and you'll see the OCs get gadgets and shit they need to keep up. Sonic's all natural.
oh god I regret typing that

The third gameplay style doesn't look terrible, even if it is just the other two with small gimmicks thrown in. Vocal themes in the acts is neat imo.

If I get this game I'll just make my OC Modern Sonic with black eyes and call it a day.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is planning on "& Knuckles" DLC to allow playing through these levels as Knuckles, plus adding the ability to make an echidna. That would be some bankable DLC.

As long as the level design is as good as Sonic Generations, this game will be pretty good.
Can you plug other games on the Sonic Forces & Knuckles cart? I wouldn't mind playing Super Mario Odyssey & Knuckles once I get my Switch.

Please no customization parts locked behind microtransactions.
That's happening. They can milk Sonic fans for years. Sega could fund the Dreamcast 2/Saturn 2 with the money they get from Sonic Stadium board members.

Switch version will probably have Nintendo parts locked behind amiibos. Use the Pikachu amiibo to get the ears and tail, make yourself a Sonichu.

STEAM WORKSHOP MODS FOR THE PC VERSION

Well wasn't expecting that as the third gameplay style. Well I guess it's just another sign of the end times of modern society that we can create our own Sonic OCs in game.

NoKisum

I'm sure the DeviantArt and FurAffinity communities pertitioned for this in droves.

I swear, every day it's becoming harder and harder to claim to be a Sonic fan...

If this is about as good as Generations, I could see myself grabbing it. I found that game surprisingly enjoyable. If the Switch version runs decently, I'll probably grab it there.

Tizoc

I'm sure the DeviantArt and FurAffinity communities pertitioned for this in droves.

I swear, every day it's becoming harder and harder to claim to be a Sonic fan...
I am a sonic fan and couldnt care less about this
However if it lets me make vector's walk animation from knuckles 32x, count me in

Bro, trust me. Furries are looking at this the same as you. That part of the Sonic fandom is fucking weird to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom