• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces lets you create your own character [Update: Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

giphy.gif

Village

I'm sure the DeviantArt and FurAffinity communities pertitioned for this in droves.

I swear, every day it's becoming harder and harder to claim to be a Sonic fan...

Why does this make it difficult?

Its a character creator, like xenoverse.

Its not unique to this, and it wont be.

I don't really think the intention was to appease the diehard Sonic fanbase - if anything, it makes the game more relevant to a younger audience and honestly shows an amount of creativity Sonic Team have been seriously lacking over the past decade.

XaosWolf

This is incredible. I am all in for this and can't wait for all the awful OC stuff to come to light on YouTube channels and such.

Wonder if they show up in cut scenes or talk at all...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm not gonna lie, I find this pretty cool.

I'd love to see more franchises do this though like Xenoverse-style---a Zelda game where you get to create your own Zora/Goron/Rito/Gerudo would be ace.

Quonny

This is perhaps one of the greatest pieces of news I have ever read.

The amount of horrific fanwork that will come from this will sustain me for years.

Good grief, this would be more interesting if it wasn't inserted into bog-standard medicore Generations gameplay with bad level design.

Seriously, my hype is at its lowest, I still really can't believe Sonic Team is making a half-baked rehash of Generations (and returning to the dead end that is the Unleashed formula) instead of refining and building on the concepts they used in Lost World.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure you could make Jazz Jackrabbit with this thing.
What...

That's it, I'm getting this game day one, and playing the entire game as Spaz. This will be the sequel JJ2 never got (and no, the GBA game doesn't count, it was terrible).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Good grief, this would be more interesting if it wasn't inserted into bog-standard medicore Generations gameplay with bad level design.

Seriously, my hype is at its lowest, I still really can't believe Sonic Team is making a half-baked rehash of Generations (and returning to the dead end that is the Unleashed formula) instead of refining and building on the concepts they used in Lost World.
Yeah. It's so damn disappointing. This game looks like a trainwreck. It's the least hyped I've been for a mainline Sonic game in a long ass time.

Again, thank god we have Sonic Mania.

Village

Because no one liked lost world, because its bad

And people like generations, the 3d parts, because its a good video game.

The 2d parts still being a thing in this game confuses me, because in a world with sonic mania, it isn't needed. And the entire appeal of making character, is strictly a sonic adventure forward idea.

Aha.

Ahahahahahaha.

The rumor was real. Sonic Team actually spent the last four years making one-third of their game a "create your own Coldsteel the Hedgeheg" playstyle.

giphy.gif

Thank God for Mania and Taxman/Stealth/PWG.

Initially I was happy with Sonic Mania's existence alongside Sonic Forces since I assumed it would keep the nostalgia crowd from crying about the direction of this game. Turns out it's even worse :V

joker3782

Neo Member
I'm so hyped for this. The gameplay in the trailer looks like a lot of fun. Dunno what's with the negativity going on in this thread and the comments saying "at least we have Sonic Mania" (which also looks amazing btw). I never found Sonic's friends to be annoying (apart from a couple like Charmy and Big), I just found their gameplay annoying and judging from the footage of original the character do not steal, I think I'll be a fan of them.

Sami+

Nah. I'm good.

Fuck off, Sonic Team. I hope whoever made this decision gets fired and next time they make us wait 5 years we get an actual fucking Sonic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom