• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony defends decision to block crossplay: "A responsibility to our install base."

Nightbird

Lol, all the fanboys looking for Business excuses and Sony is all like "think about the children! :("

Sony is slowly turning into Wii-era Nintendo.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just no, what the hell is this for answer. This is something I could hear Nintendo say but they are the people who are part of this cross-play initiative.

g11

qwv76Vp.gif

c0de

That care taking is unprecedented. Thank you, Sony. In a world of darkness and false temptations, you are the light that will guide us to a better future.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children

So I'm curious. Is he saying that since Children play Minecraft and Nintendo is on board they're wanting to make sure those children on the kid friendly Switch aren't exposed to the sexual assholes on PSN? I'm confused.

edit

Because if you can play with your PS friends from your Xbone, you're less likely to buy a PS4.

Which we all know is bullshit. I mean if people wanna believe that's a real concern then so be it but uh, no. No it's not. In fact it's about the dumbest excuse for a defense someone can come up with. It's no different that saying you don't want your girlfriend talking to other guys because you're too insecure she'll leave you for one of them.

Is it just me, or this actually makes sense?

It does in the sense that PlayStation wouldn't really have control over what people on Xbox or Switch are doing or saying to the PlayStation player. But at the same time, when everyone else is on board and you're not, it looks a bit off.

Attem

Pretty hard to defend this, unless every single person that you know and will ever know owns the same console as you and always will purchase the same "family" of console.

Its just Sony limiting them selves, they will change there stance once the industry moves on and they feel pressured to do so.

Sarobi

Banned
Thank you for protecting me, Sony. I don't want to be influenced by Nintendo players, and those evil Xbox fans I hear so much about *shudders*.

The fact they commented on this at all is wild.

The fact they managed a statement that sounds worse than their boneheaded position on backwards compatibility last week is AMAZING.

Somebody really needs to be canned for this. Boneheaded PR move that could easily be dodged.

atbigelow

Audible phrase I made when I read this: "You're fucking kidding."

It's not very PR-friendly to say "we're trying to lock you into our ecosystem", though.

Boke1879

Well they provided an answer.

Now question is. How many in here complaining are willing to take their complains to twitter?

Because if not people will look at that answer. Bitch for a day and it'll be forgotten by tomorrow.

jdmonmou

Someone should revoke Jim Ryan's speaking to the media privileges. First his horrible take on backwards compatibility and now this. Sad!

Top Bottom