• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony defends decision to block crossplay: "A responsibility to our install base."

What a dumb ass response LOL. I love that Nintendo is mentioned to be allowing it and they are hand's down the most family friendly in the industry and he just goes "well, ya, I suppose".

antonz

Nintendo is the most extreme company in the industry when it comes to protecting the children. They removed programs etc. from 3DS all because of potential child abuse issues. The fact they are on board with cross platform play say it all.

ps4-this-is-for-the-players.png

I get you Jim. Your statement may go over everyone else's head but I get you.

If you expose Playstation kids to other platforms they may just grow up to play on other platforms.....Keep them safe in the Playstation universe!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Don't you steal even the excuses from Nintendo, you monster! Haven't you stolen enough? /jk

This is ridiculous and arrogant from Sony.

wildfire

Banned
Oh god they're using Nintendo's horrible excuses.

Jim Ryan seems to be the Sony exec who always says the stuff I disagree with.

With Nintendo most of the time a story breaks from independent sources about pedos or backlash from concerned parents about questionable content.

With Sony....tales from a crazy buttocks on the train.

weekev

Banned
This hasn't potential to do a bit of damage to PS4 lead now. Arrogant Sony is back and that is not a good thing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Geez just say its not in your business interests or something. I'd take that answer over that PR nonsense.

Cartho

The funny thing is, with Minecraft they're now gonna be stuck on an old, inferior version which no one else is going to be playing. Even the tablet versions will be more up to date.

oti

Banned
What a nonsensical excuse. All they want is to not open the bigger PSN to Xbox Live Users. Nothing more. I'd rather him be honest about it, as shitty as that may sound to the consumers.

BOOOOOHHH!

gamz

I can't stop laughing. Kudos for that reporter for pushing the issue. Made that guy sound like a complete moron.

Sony is going to get ravaged for this response, as they should. This seems purely like console politics and nothing more.

Jim Ryan has had a pretty bad week or two.

this is stupid. This is why we need competition and free market, Sony got a bit comfortable with the PS4 and is getting a bit self-centered

they are right. those xbox one baddies will corrupt every decent playstation gentlemen. nintendo has no shame allowing this on their userbase...

oh wait they just dont have voice chat

bennibop

I can kind of see what he is saying to be fair, if anything happened (and kids on mineshaft have been targeted in the past) it could blow up in their faces. Still disappointing though.

Top Bottom