• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony defends decision to block crossplay: "A responsibility to our install base."

Won't anyone think of the children????

It would really be a shame if they got exposed to the nasty horrible players on the Nintendo switch in rocket League instead of PC players

I rarely play online but Sony is taking a loss here. No excuses if all the other competitors are doing it and especially with the poor reason they're trying to use here.

dugdug

Banned
Props to Eurogamer for pressing him on the issue after the first flimsy response. Hope this gets the ball rolling, at least.

Brofield

giphy.gif

So you're saying I have 2 PS4 controllers, 2 Switch controllers, and I still can't have four people playing in the same room because the guilty party isn't Nintendo?

faint.

I fully support this decision. The last thing I want are my children being exposed to those "dude bros" on Nintendo Switch using their fancy Nintendo Switch headset to 3.5mm headphone jack to mobile phone application and ruining the experience for us all.

Dynomutt

Arrogant Sony is back full force

Nah, They haven't announced a hand held yet, They're becoming the Toyota on the game industry, Solid product but stuck in it's old ways to to change some things.

Honestly makes me wonder about Destiny. So many times on LFG I see posts but i can't play with them.

Sony should really invest in some service sin and QoL at this point. If anything it would solidify them as a leader in the industry.

Thank you Sony for protecting me from the dude-bro casual gamers on xbox who can't appreciate art or Japanese culture. Also thank you for protecting me from kiddies on switch who will never appreciate deep narratives in games. I am truely blessed that online playstation communities only have the most elite gamers: The smart gamers who own a PS4, and the PC master race.

Honestly, this whole cross-play thing is so overblown. There's 60 million PS4s sold out there. S I X T Y M I L L I O N. It's not like there will ever be population problems like on other platforms. I bet you'll have to wait 10 minutes to find a match in that Splatoon port this summer

/s Sony pls turn crossplay on

MrHoot

Hahaha you fucking jabronies Sony. It's one thing to have a massive stick up your ass but to use your consumers as a justification to cover your shitty ass decisions, you can fuck off

Kysen

100% bullshit, MS should reciprocate and take all further updates to MC away from them. For crying out loud MC carried Vita on its death bed.

Planet

What a bathtub full of stale hamster poop, Sony!? I am a huge PlayStation fan, but this interview makes me feel ashamed about it.

I think this is a ridiculous decision and explanation, and I don't even care about Minecraft or Rocket League at all.

We've been behind when it comes to cross play in gaming for far too long, and this is just keeping us behind. Well, only keeping Sony customers behind really, which is just...stupid.

Reckheim

As much as I don't care about cross play, this is absolute bullshit.

If people want to play mutliplayer with their friends that own a ps4 they have to get a ps4, if they let this happen some 'to be customers' would just stick to an xbox one or a switch to play with their friends.

Definitely not a good look and everyone sees through their shit.

Not to mention games like paragon are already cross platform with PC, if they really cared about the kids why not limit the service to M/T rated games.

WhatNXt

Acknowledgement is the first step towards progress.

I've got faith they'll open this up if they can have the necessary assurances.

Top Bottom