• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Your post makes it sound like every game on PS4 is a AAA title. There are plenty of games on PS4 made by small teams on 20-30 people. Ironically, a lot of them are also on Vita. And PC. And Xbox.

Making something on PS4 does not at all mean you need a bigger team, more time, or more money. The game you make and how fully you intend to realize the vision of that game determines those things.

So where are the Japanese PS4 games then?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GT6:

Announced May 2013 - Released December 2013

They're about there in terms of their promises, actually.

Established racing game IPs don't need 12 months announcement cycles. Forza 6 will announced and released within the same year, and I expect GT to do the same as they also did the same for GT6.

A remaster doesn't need more than 6 months of notice though, does it.

And GT6 was pretty short notice if you look back.

It would have to be announced no later than Gamescom to be the same as GT6, which was 7 months. September for TGS would be shorter if it is really Q1. And if it misses TGS I don't see how they could do it.

Vita people need to stop asking for AAA games imo. Or even A games. Or B games. GR definitely falls into that bucket.

Lucreto

What are the odds Square Enix will reveal Sleeping Dogs Triad Wars at Gamescom.

It didn't know it was formally announced but seen nothing of it yet.

Tagg9

What are the odds Square Enix will reveal Sleeping Dogs Triad Wars at Gamescom.

It didn't know it was formally announced but seen nothing of it yet.
The game has been in development for a while now... There's certainly a chance.

Pimpwerx

So, I grabbed a PS4 camera recently, for not other reason than to complete the playroom trophies. Now I'm pondering whether I should return it since most of my games don't support it on any way, much less a superfluous manner.

Any chance Sony makes an announcement of new camera support at Gamescom? I was thinking the new price cut is a sign of something new to come. PEACE.

Alx

So, I grabbed a PS4 camera recently, for not other reason than to complete the playroom trophies. Now I'm pondering whether I should return it since most of my games don't support it on any way, much less a superfluous manner.

Any chance Sony makes an announcement of new camera support at Gamescom? I was thinking the new price cut is a sign of something new to come. PEACE.

Well a game from Media Molecule using Move is expected... in a general manner, I think the camera on PS4 only makes sense when associated to Move sensors (or much later, Morpheus headset).

well you can use it for twitch.PEACE

EGOMON

There won't be GT6 port they are already working on GT7 Kaz said so many times, the assets from GT6 will carry over to PS4 they made GT6 engine having in mind PS4 GT if i have to guess GT7 will be shown at E3 2015 and released in the same year

There won't be GT6 port they are already working on GT7 Kaz said so many times, the assets from GT6 will carry over to PS4 they made GT6 engine having in mind PS4 GT if i have to guess GT7 will be shown at E3 2015 and released in the same year

GT7 for 2015 would be insane. Hope there's enough new content.

Pimpwerx

Well a game from Media Molecule using Move is expected... in a general manner, I think the camera on PS4 only makes sense when associated to Move sensors (or much later, Morpheus headset).

well you can use it for twitch.PEACE
Dammit. Guess I'll return it then. I'll get it again when they bundle it with a game. The camera is quite nice. A million times better than the PSEye. PEACE.

xAniki88

Banned
During a live Q&A, i asked about that jp ps4 game, to the editor chief of everyeye.it ( italian site )
His answer was a bit vague, but long story short:

- he doesn't know exactly what it is
- new ip
- probably from japan studio
- not AAA but digital download game

the recorded q&a ( in italian obviously :p )
my question's around 01.00
http://www.twitch.tv/everyeyeit/c/4834041

barit

What are the chances they show Uncharted 4? Or will they just wait until the VGA's or whatever it's called now.

ND teased something on Twitter that they are ready to show more. But I highly doubt that we see it at Gamescom. But who i´m to say such things ? Maybe ND has a surprise for us

shwimpy

For once, I'm okay with Destiny at a conference. The beta has made me a believer and I can't get enough of it now.

During a live Q&A, i asked about that jp ps4 game, to the editor chief of everyeye.it ( italian site )
His answer was a bit vague, but long story short:

- he doesn't know exactly what it is
- new ip
- probably from japan studio
- not AAA but digital download game

the recorded q&a ( in italian obviously :p )
my question's around 01.00
http://www.twitch.tv/everyeyeit/c/4834041

Probably related to this?

Sony Computer Entertainment America files trademarks for "Entwined" and "Kill Strain"

Could the unannounced japanese game be Kill Strain? Maybe a Horror game?

Expect more Destiny guys :(

The game releases almost a month later. It makes sense no?

the invite says hand off
i guess it's something more early and more complex than a racing game :p

Gran Turismo's GPS Course Maker is complex.

GT6: Spec II will be announced for PS3/4 and will launch on the 1st anniversary, Dec 6

dance2s3a4l.gif

Lucreto

I don't see why it is so hard to believe that they will show Uncharted gameplay.

Gamescom is important for Sony and some big announcements like price cuts and the slim consoles would also be E3 worthy.

It would have to be announced no later than Gamescom to be the same as GT6, which was 7 months. September for TGS would be shorter if it is really Q1. And if it misses TGS I don't see how they could do it.

Vita people need to stop asking for AAA games imo. Or even A games. Or B games. GR definitely falls into that bucket.
Expecting Japanese games to come to the second most popular system in Japan is suddenly unthinkable now?

Takao

Banned
what if the scej game is parappa
camjo's robbery thread getting revived reminded me of that rumor
sure, it was supposed to have queasy develop it and they're toronto based, but i think scej would kind of be involved? i dunno.

driver116

Destiny, Driveclub, Bloodborne. Maybe MM new game revealed. A few new indie games. Something linked with Xdev (Housemarque new game). Not expecting anything from GG.

Expect more Destiny guys :(

iboYXMSutouqHJ.gif

When will Activision's reign of terror end? At this point, the best thing about Destiny being released is that we'll never have to see the fucking thing ever again at a Sony press event.

until six months later when the inevitable sequel is announced

Karl Hawk

Banned
Dang why waste time on that?... pfft...

Every Sony conference for the next 10 years will incorporate Destiny in some fashion, it begins.

iboYXMSutouqHJ.gif

When will Activision's reign of terror end? At this point, the best thing about Destiny being released is that we'll never have to see the fucking thing ever again at a Sony press event.

until six months later when the inevitable sequel is announced

People played the beta. People fucking loved it (No, some gaffers who hated it don't count). So... dealwithit.gif

Why not keep it and wait for VR?

And there's this PS teaser for GamesCom. Could this be Kill Strain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtD5sL_VTCk

Lets see, we have blood and snowflakes and ice cracks. Could be kill strain, about 5 more days till we find out.

No one should be surprised by Destiny constantly popping up at Sony conferences after what happened with Watch_Dogs. Some questioned why Sony showed it at every show before it was released. Then it finally came out and sold a ton with the PS4 version taking up around 50% of those sales.

Top Bottom