• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Regarding new title(s) being shown, I expect PSN ones. At least a major PSN title; something that's out there and quite unique would be nice.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
details on indie games for launch? I don't think all the ones at E3 were for launch right? so some clarity on that would be good.

This is a big issue on the Vita specifically (and 3DS as well) because framerates don't improve until the end of dev... and on handhelds never get particularly high anyway. In almost every early vita game they show the threads are filled with "the framerate looks like shit."
Yep, i still remember the first showing of Killzone: Mercenary had terrible frame rate. It seems to be greatly improved for now although there is still optimization left, which is usually the last part of the development.

model13

Well considering they have promised another 15 or so 1st year titles, I would hope they make Gamescom all about PS4 games.

ReaperXL7

Regarding new title(s) being shown, I expect PSN ones. At least a major PSN title; something that's out there and quite unique would be nice.

HouseMarque is reportedly working on two PS4 exclusives, I would expect atleast one of them at gamescom. I doubt we would see both announced side by side, but you never know.

I enjoy their work so im excited to see what they are doing. Also hoping for some Dead Nation Vita gameplay.

Can I just please have a new damn Ape Escape game for my Vita?

The system has a billion stupid features that just scream "use me to catch time traveling monkeys damnit!!!!!!"

:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My expectations for GamesCom:

1. More polished showing of Killzone: Shadow Fall -- now running on final dev kits, with proper high-def models and textures. First showing of the multiplayer - a showing that HOPEFULLY gets more people extremely excited about the game. Also, more polished showings of DriveClub/Knack.

2. At least one new PS4 IP revealed from an AAA developer -- I think Media Molecule's project is too early, and there's probably a higher likelihood that we get teased by Guerrilla Games' new IP -- but I'm expecting at least ONE, hopefully both but I will not cross my fingers.

3. PS4 launch date revealed for US/EU.

Anything more is icing on the cake for me. Insiders, is this a reasonable expectation? Will my mind be further blown?

Killzone could easily show some huge improvements just from a quick glance at multiplayer. A gritter map setting, more post processing, better models, more weapons with recoil and some environmental destruction like the pillars on Radec Academy in KZ2 would go a long way.

Well considering they have promised another 15 or so 1st year titles, I would hope they make Gamescom all about PS4 games.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm honestly not expecting any new PS4 titles to be announced.

They really, really should, but I have a feeling their other titles just aren't ready to be shown yet.

Endo Punk

Besides The Order I was really disappointed with Sony's E3. They won some phony baloney war with MS but they didn't deliver as much as I would have liked. They really got to show the goods next month, I want to know about most of the first year exclusives and show me gameplay of the order.

Metallix87

So did the DS, but it didn't stop Sony at least trying to support the PSP. The PSP is the best selling non-Nintendo handheld ever. which isn't saying much, but it just seems a shame they've given up so easily with the follow up.

What? Sony didn't try with the PSP. Third parties did, since many of them had already dumped a lot of money into developing for the system early on (assuming it would easily topple Nintendo's DS and GBA platforms).

Samyy

Besides The Order I was really disappointed with Sony's E3. They won some phony baloney war with MS but they didn't deliver as much as I would have liked. They really got to show the goods next month, I want to know about most of the first year exclusives and show me gameplay of the order.

To be fair they announced four of their games before E3

I hope Sony announces more launch games. Still hoping for something killer for this year... Killzone SF looks great but the rest is uncertain at the moment for me...

Last Guardian maybe ?

Wet Ass In A Tub

So his acronym would be WAAT?

2013_%2525206_14_19_37.jpg

JJD

Gamescom is going to be cool, and Sony will probably announce the release date of the PS4, but as far as games goes I'm more interested in the TGS.

I want to know what the japanese devs, and first party studios are doing!!!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Will I? Don't lead me like this man, I was like top 25 or top 30 in SSHD, that thing was my crack addiction for like 6 months. SSHD on PS4 WILL make me pre-order the console right then and there.

They've already said that they're working on a spiriutal successor for it.

I bet Bend's next game is multiplatform with either ps3 or ps4. Wouldn't do them much good exclusive anyway. It would be very weird that it didnt show up at E3

I wouldn't be surprised if it's now multiplatform. If it fails to show at Gamescom, then it may no longer be a Vita title at all.

I'm guessing no word on a new Dragoon or Parappa, huh?

I haven't heard a peep.

Though honestly the only games I know about in Japan that are coming are Knack, GT6 (eventually... probably fall 14) and The Last Guardian (insert joke here). So there's still teams there that we have no idea what they are working on. But is it TGS stuff...? Or like TGS 2015 stuff? Development runs so long sometimes that it's hard to predict. Is there a gravity rush 2 coming to the vita? I always assumed so but honestly haven't heard a single peep about it since last year (which at that point was 'looks like they will'). I don't think anyone around here really has a direct connection into the japan studios. TGS remains the one show that I don't ever know shit about... other than I know FROM has something, but I have no idea if it will be at TGS or if it is further off.

As for the actual vita, I'm curious. In all of my digging I've never even gotten a sniff of whatever game Shahid is talking about. There are a few current gen games that are supposedly being ported that I expected at E3 but weren't there... is that because they were canned or is it because they aren't ready? I dunno. But going into next year I have absolutely zero idea what their big game plans are. We had heard rumblings about Killzone since the launch and Tearaway has been known about for a year... but I don't think Sony has mentioned a single game coming after Tearaway which is the end of November. I know gamescom is mostly about setting up the fall/holiday... but goddamn they need to show that there is stuff coming next year for the vita.

Top Bottom