• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

Sanctuary

Am I doing something wrong, or are a few of the Fartkour timings simply either off or way too strict? I've done all but one of those available so far (some seemed tricky for no real reason), but I simply cannot get the timing of the one at the contruction site of the new mall. I've tried doing this maybe 50 times now, and the worst part is having to wait for Kyle to climb back up the ladder each failure. I have no idea why I can't get this, but it's like the timing for this is 0.001ms or some shit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Am I doing something wrong, or are a few of the Fartkour timings simply either off or way too strict? I've done all but one of those available so far (some seemed tricky for no real reason), but I simply cannot get the timing of the one at the contruction site of the new mall. I've tried doing this maybe 50 times now, and the worst part is having to wait for Kyle to climb back up the ladder each failure. I have no idea why I can't get this, but it's like the timing for this is 0.001ms or some shit.

I had trouble on that too. I honestly said fuck it I'll try again a different time.

Just got to Day 3. Hopefully I am only halfway done.

border

Is there anything important I should be saving my money for? I occaisionally see some nice artifacts for sale, but they would cost like half of all I have. Plus you figure the game is going to have to give you necessary artifacts eventually anyway.

Peff

Are you trying to time it so that it overlaps with the button icon like a rhythm game? You can press the button at any point within the huge green area and it'll work.

Nemesis_

I'm kind of only about four hours in. Recruited Mosquito.

Can someone just tell me if it's okay to sell weaker Artifacts? Or should I keep them for a crafting thing later on?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy crap .. the poop mini games are designed to destroy controllers .. I'm pretty sure the left stick on my pad is going to pop out any minute.

fisheyes

Just finished night one, and I'm really enjoying it. It took me a while to get my head around the combat and it not being like Stick of Truth, but I'm on board now.

That one is more complicated than just simply using the Fartkour. Took me a while to figure it out.

Puzzle spoilers:
You have to rewind time and put the port-a-potty back up so you can fartkour off it. There's also something hanging from a beam you have to knock down.

nkarafo

Is the skin color a joke or does indeed make the game more difficult?

I chose the second one of the four shades (white but not pale). I also changed the combat difficulty to the highest possible. But i still feel like the game is too easy and i always have more might than the opposition and quests..

Should i had picked a black character then?

I chose the second one of the four shades (white but not pale). I also changed the combat difficulty to the highest possible. But i still feel like the game is too easy and i always have more might than the opposition and quests..

Nah game is easy

Outside of a few boss battles, the game is just really easy.

TannerDemoz

Music in this game is so good. The song that plays whilst you're taking a shit sounds like something Tim Follin would have written

Zutroy

I preordered with Ubisoft ages ago but the game only got delivered today. To make up for it not coming on day one they’ve gave me a free code for the season pass.

giphy.gif

Xyber

Soo.. now that the game runs at 60fps on PC, where are all the complaints about it looking weird (or even unplayable according to some weirdos) and not true to the show etc.?

That was my main complaint about the first game and people really piled on me and others who said there is no reason for the 30fps lock as animations does not need to be tied to framerate and you can still have the classic South Park look, but with smooth scrolling backgrounds.. Stuttering backgrounds was never what defined the look of the show.

Machina

Banned
My ban just ended. As Cousin Kyle would say, "I'm Beeeeeeaaack"

This game is amazing. So polished. So funny. And they improved the combat a lot. Ubi should seriously consider turning these games into one of their staples

I made my character black and when going to the police station and some cashiers at stores, they look at me angry. Is this the same for everyone or for Black characters? Also, at the police station, an officer said "
Who let this thug in here".
, very funny game.

Machina

Banned
I made my character black and when going to the police station and some cashiers at stores, they look at me angry. Is this the same for everyone or for Black characters? Also, at the police station, an officer said "
Who let this thug in here".
, very funny game.

Nah that's definitely intentional. Walk in to Tweeks Coffee and see how Mr. Tweek looks at you cause he definitely doesn't glare at my white character

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the PC version seems to be getting a lot of negative reviews on steam. do i seriously need to download uPlay even if i buy it through Steam?? i bought SoT on Steam and didn't need to download uPlay. I mean uPlay isn't bad but it's just a pain in the ass if i need to download it again for 1 game.

Nothing like getting far in the optional
Morgan freeman
boss battle, and then the game glitches out and doesn't advance.

Don't know if I want to attempt the battle again quite yet. It's a long motherfucker.

Machina

Banned
the PC version seems to be getting a lot of negative reviews on steam. do i seriously need to download uPlay even if i buy it through Steam?? i bought SoT on Steam and didn't need to download uPlay. I mean uPlay isn't bad but it's just a pain in the ass if i need to download it again for 1 game.

Yes, as is the case with every Ubisoft game on Steam. I don't see any review bombing on Rainbow 6: Siege for example.

Newman96

Surprised with how long the game seems to take to introduce Stan, I've played for a fair few hours now and still not come across him.

Bought the normal edition and got a Stick of Truth code. Is this normal? Also it came with a 2 month code of a streaming service in my country.

Are you talking about the one where you have to reverse time to make the Porta Potty stand back up again so you can jump on it? If you don't do that you always fail the first jump.

jrcbandit

Yes, as is the case with every Ubisoft game on Steam. I don't see any review bombing on Rainbow 6: Siege for example.
Yeah it's been that way for like 5+ years now for Ubisoft games, Steam fanatics are so weird. The first game didn't use Uplay because it wasn't designed as an Ubisoft game, they just picked it up to publish it after the initial publisher went bankrupt.

I gave up on the optional boss battle because I literally died in the final round, one more hit is all it would have taken. Didn't feel like repeating it.

Rogan

Banned
I can say this game looks phenomenal and I only played two hours. The production quality is something else.

HiiiLife

Got to the
genetic lab
and I think I’m starting to burn out. It was fun as hell, but I think I’m just ready for this game to be over.

kirblar

I'm a few hours in and I think I'm just going to drop the combat to easy when I pick it up again. It's just so much slower than Stick of Truth and it messes with the game's pacing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does lower combat difficulty make the fights go faster? The combat gets kind of dull and slow after a while and I'd rather get through it more quickly but if it just makes the AI dumber or gives you more hp or what

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Nitpick.

I hate that most of the things you pick up have a generic icon instead of a proper drawing depicting everything individually, loved that about the first game.

Top Bottom