• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia probe

Nice.

Has there been any negative leaks from the special counsels? It's quite humorous any news or inside scoop from them or the white house administration can be negative to the latter and not the former.

jelly

Nice.

It's that time were you tell the truth or not while they get all the documents etc. they want. I wouldn't want an invite to that.

Start sweating!

hEist

nw41dv9.gif

antonz

As the article states.

It indicates the investigation is moving to the next level where they feel there is enough information gathered pointing at suspect things that they now are escalating it to where they can put the force of law behind document demands etc.

Shit is getting realer and Trump is running out of time to try and stop it. Graham and Booker are working on their Special Counsel Law that would stop trump and with Mueller advancing to the Grand Jury stage the heat is going to get a lot hotter

HylianTom

Banned
I'm happy that this didn't happen on a Friday.

I'm happy that Trump talks tonight.

And I look forward to seeing what his approval numbers do after this news is splashed across headlines across the country.

Good that things are moving forward. Will probably still be a year or more until anything actually happens though. Stuff takes time sadly.

lol always amazing those stark drops as news breaks. Wont mean anything long term, it will recover soon.
Machine selling on news is always fun to see.

He's working fast. At this rate, well be getting a nice Christmas present.

But depending on how fast they get what there looking and how fast they can parse it.

jelly

It would be BEAUTIFUL if Trump ran to Russia to hide just like Ukrainian "president" did. :)

I don't think such a thing is possible with the secret service but it would be fun to see him try. Pilot, head out to Moscow unplanned because I said so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
for those of us who don't speak legalese, what does this mean?

A grand jury is a special kind of jury where there's a prosecutor and no defence. The jury gets shown a bunch of evidence, in private, and decides if they think there's a crime, and what crime there is. If they do, then the grand jury writes up charges and the prosecutor presses them.

In this case, the interpretation is that the investigator feels there's at least something worth sharing with a grand jury, and that the case is far enough along that they need to impanel (recruit) one. This doesn't mean you'd expect charges in the next few months, or even at all, but it means that work is continuing.

The GJ also lets prosecutors subpoena people for testimony and expands the ability for the investigation to gather data.

One possibility is that Mueller will use the GJ to threaten charges against low-level actors to get them to cooperate and testify to give more information to the investigation.

The statement about needing a jury ten miles closer sounds smug and sarcastic, until you realize the number indictments they're going to be seeking.

Nipo

Having just finished grand jury service in DC i am SO fucking glad i'm not on this panel. My thoughts and wishes go out to those in the room.

Addy117

Neo Member
Lol. So what are all of the facial expressions for this guy? I've seen two.

There's only that one pic with the -_- expression, and the smile on this was done using the Faceapp app, where you can put smile, frown etc type expressions over any photo. haven't seen any other versions yet

I want to see the following people indicted.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

Kensation

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort

Anyone I'm missing?
Stephen Miller. And Sean Hannity for good measure

Gutek

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort

Anyone I'm missing?

Bannon and Miller.

Oh, and Roger Stone.

Omadahl

Banned
It's still my fondest wish to see the entire Trump family, their associates and other dirtbags dragged in front of a judge like a RICO case. I want that picture framed and placed on my wall.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort

Anyone I'm missing?

A literal supervillain team. They all need prison time. For a LONG time.

Wilsongt

Mueller to be fired by Trump as he makes the best scores at golf during his vacation. The most tremendous scores you've ever seen. Scores so good he could win the Master's.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort

Anyone I'm missing?

the turtle,
carter page
mike flynn
mike flynn jr
steven bannon

brietbart
trump inc and afiliates
trump snr from beyond the grave

can you indict businesses?

jelly

It's still my fondest wish to see the entire Trump family, their associates and other dirtbags dragged in front of a judge like a RICO case. I want that picture framed and placed in my wall.

That's my dream. I don't want anyone walking away with a slap on the wrists or just resigning.

Alucrid

Banned

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus