• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia probe

kmfdmpig

Great to hear. Get this clown out of office.

Also, graphs made with a ridiculous scale to exaggerate the significance of something are the worst.

Oh shit:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/robert-mueller-thom-tillis-chris-coons/index.html

Support is gathering behind a bipartisan push to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from potentially being fired by President Donald Trump.

Sen. Thom Tillis, a North Carolina Republican, and Sen. Chris Coons, a Delaware Democrat, plan to introduce a measure Thursday that would bar the President from directly firing any special counsel -- retroactive to Mueller's appointment in May.
"The President would maintain the power to remove the special counsel, but we would just want to make sure that it had merit and have that back-end judicial process," Tillis said Thursday morning on CNN's "Newsroom."
"And if there is a termination, we just want to make sure, through judicial review, that it was warranted," he added.

I really hope Republicans turn on him soon, cause there's a lifetime's worth of fuckery for Mueller to dig into, and it could literally take until the end of Trump's 1st turn before the FBI is done turning over rocks

If Republicans turn in him, then a resignation is more likely, though hopefully Trump ultimately ends in prison

Sephzilla

Pacq0PH.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I want to see the following people indicted.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

Honestly I'm disappointed unless all of the Trumps, sans Barron because he's a minor, are in jail.

So....President Pence?

If the President goes down for being compromised, surely all of his appointments are too right?

President Ryan?

thill1985

Banned
Predicting natural next legal steps isn't some great feat.

They said the grand juries were already at work. The WSJ story says the same. That is very different than predicting something you expect might occur in the future at some point. It is clear the 'crazies' do have legit sources mixed in with their nutty ones.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Honestly, we should be trying to figure out who the fall guy is going to be. My vote is Jared since he's not blood, but Trump may have to sacrifice Jr as well.

So....President Pence?

If the President goes down for being compromised, surely all of his appointments are too right?

President Ryan?

It'll be President Pence (unless he too is implicated with all this shit) and he'll appoint a new VP who will have to be confirmed by the Congress.

Ryan likely won't be picked because then they'll need a new GoP House Rep AND a new House Speaker. Pence will probably pick some run of the mill conservative for his VP. Maybe... Mitt Romney.

zethren

Banned
It'll be President Pence (unless he too is implicated with all this shit) and he'll appoint a new VP who will have to be confirmed by the Congress.

Ryan likely won't be picked because then they'll need a new GoP House Rep AND a new House Speaker.

Which would be fantastic, because there is no way in hell Pence would be reelected in 2020 as President. Dude has the charisma of soggy white bread.

chekhonte

So, what are the limitations of Mueller to investigate trump and co? I assume that even if they find evidence of crimes outside of the parameters of the investigation they can't do anything with it right?

Top Bottom