• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia probe

Sephzilla

It begins.

NUyttbn.gif

Robert Costa tweeted this

RT @Reuters BREAKING: Grand jury subpoenas have been issued related to June 2016 mtg. between Donald Trump Jr., Russian lawyers and others
3:20 PM - 3 Aug 2017

A grand jury is a special kind of jury where there's a prosecutor and no defence. The jury gets shown a bunch of evidence, in private, and decides if they think there's a crime, and what crime there is. If they do, then the grand jury writes up charges and the prosecutor presses them.

In this case, the interpretation is that the investigator feels there's at least something worth sharing with a grand jury, and that the case is far enough along that they need to impanel (recruit) one. This doesn't mean you'd expect charges in the next few months, or even at all, but it means that work is continuing.

The GJ also lets prosecutors subpoena people for testimony and expands the ability for the investigation to gather data.

One possibility is that Mueller will use the GJ to threaten charges against low-level actors to get them to cooperate and testify to give more information to the investigation.
Thanks!

Pagusas

Elden Member
So wil political drama help or hurt mortgage interest rates.... in the middle of buying a house here!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is she nice person or nobody knows?

Has she ever called out her father ?

She is dating a registered Democrat even though she has publicly registered in support of the Republican party and her father(kept pretty quiet outside of her RNC speech during his primary win). She doesn't seem to have so many ties to her father unlike the other kids(but I think I once read that her boyfriend had worked or is working for a Kushner startup during school?).

You can presume that she is merely being respectful and possibly doesn't agree with any of his shit, but she keeps a pretty wide distance(unlike the rest of the brood) which is somewhat telling.

Trakdown

I want to see the following people indicted.

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

Steve King, R-IA
Because seriously, fuck that guy.

In all seriousness, America will be a brighter place if these guys never see the light of day again.

She does not seem to engage with the rest of the family or Trump's presidency.

My theory is that she gets a decent allowance in exchange for her silence regarding embarrassing shit. I doubt she is involved in the Russia shit.
I don't know if it was just rumor/gossip BS but I think I remember reading that Trump wanted her mother to get an abortion, since he was still married when he began messing around with her mother.

She was raised alone and Trump paid for her education.

kirblar

She is dating a registered Democrat even though she has publicly registered in support of the Republican party and her father(kept pretty quiet outside of her RNC speech during his primary win). She doesn't seem to have so many ties to her father unlike the other kids(but I think I once read that her boyfriend had worked or is working for a Kushner startup during school?).

You can presume that she is merely being respectful and possibly doesn't agree with any of his shit, but she keeps a pretty wide distance(unlike the rest of the brood) which is somewhat telling.
She was raised primarily by her mom, hence the distance from Trump's influence. He corrupts everything around him.

Don Jr's charity, for instance, started out legit, but a few years in ditched all the old people and installed Trump Organization cronies, then started acting as a scam.

If there is any Justice in the world,Trump his shitty son and ALL of there partners in crime will spend the rest of their days in Jail.

Draper

How about you do that anyway and save some time. I was laid off last month after a 10 year job where i changed professions. Ive been depressed more than usual but have been working quickly, and im already enrolled in two separate schools for certifications and certificates. Shit is hard work when you feel everything is against you but you just go through the motions anyway. With any luck by the time i finish school im employed again and Trump is out. HUUUUGE party.

Love it.

We're doing it boys

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

Dana Rohrabacher.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like how this is happening just as the fuckwad goes on his long golf trip.

I have been in a shit mood lately. One of my parents died, I can't stop drinking, I have wild mood swings, but this has made me happy today.
Sorry for your loss. :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Trump
Trump Jr
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Mike Pence
Jeff Sessions
Rex Tillerson
Betsy DeVos
Scott Pruitt
Paul Ryan
Reince Priebus
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Steve Bannon
Mitch McConnel
Stephen Miller
Carter Page

Anyone I'm missing?

John Cornyn. There is no way he is that far up Trump's ass out of pure adoration. He has to have some dealings as well.

Top Bottom