• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman for PS5 is an expansion and not full game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogle11

Banned

A simple tweet can clear this up for ps4 owners.

Yeah, they need to clear this up. No way I'd pay full price for a remaster with the new content as I don't care to replay the main game. I loved it, I'm just not one who replays games very often. Much less within a few years.

Yes Halo is crossgen, but it's at least new game. I already played that Spiderman. Why I would want to buy new system to play it again?

I agree with you on that. As I said, I probably won't get a PS5 until Horizon 2 is out. However, I also would never buy a console to play a cross gen game as I don't care that much about graphics. If Sony was going with the cross gen approach MS is I wouldn't buy a PS5 until they had true must play PS5 only games.

SONY made that decision, I get the sense we'll get multiple Spider-Man games next generation.

I think that was inevitable. The first sold gangbusters and moved systems and of their IP it should be the easiest to pump out sequels for. Spider-man is always in NYC so they don't have to remake the outdoor environment/map. They can just add other parts of the city each sequel and new indoor environments (that can also be largely recycled) so the bulk of effort is in the story, cutscenes and dialogue. Vs. something like Uncharted that's new locales everytime and takes a lot more development time to crank out.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So for clarification, they confuse more.

How did Insomniac make an entire new game while making Ratchet and Clank and also working on Spider-man 2?

They didn't so what is this?
They did not they made the current game prettier added dlc new skinned main character 60 dollars please. While removing the old story to avoid cross generation label lol.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nice to have that clarified.

That makes since for a launch window game, and gives them more time to work on Spider-man 2.

Maybe the earlier reports got muddled as there's a separate remaster of the first game for PS5 coming out at the same time, with likely a bundle option to get the Miles spinoff with it?

I'm guessing whoever said it was an expansion meant it was the same map.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Smart delivery is simple. This is a mess. Does than mean we have to buy the remaster? Or upgrade the PS4 version and buy the dlc separate or what the hell?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom