• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they will want to put it out around the movie, cause while not connect thats when Spider-Man will be at its maximum awareness/brand power.

Marvel said in an interview that they were going to give developers working on their IPs time, and not force them to have it out around a specific date to coincide with movies.
Though Sony themselves might push them to try have it done as it'll mean more sales.

My guess is after Summer anyway, September/October.

GeeTeeCee

I'd hope/expect for late 2017 too. There's no real need for Sony to line it up alongside a film release if they're willing to give it an Uncharted-sized marketing push.

I don't know the last time a game of theirs got delayed.

Uh, Ratchet and Clank PS4 was delayed. Granted, that was most-likely done to line up with the movie, but still. I don't think Insomniac is above delaying a game, and I definitely think they'd rather delay something than release it in a less-than-polished state (and I can't fault them for that).

I'd think this would be a late Q3, or Q4 2017 title, to be honest. Either it'll launch around the time of the movie, or it'll launch around the Holiday-ish window to take a bit of the "oomph" out of Scorpio.

If it launches around the Holiday window, though, it could very well slip into Spring of 2018 (and if it buys more time for polish, I'm all for it). I think it'll depend quite a bit on how strong Sony's 2017 Holiday lineup is.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Booted up Arkham City once again because I wanted to try out the 3D in a Videogame and remembered that the Arkham games are a giant best off of everything great from all Batman Movies, Comics and Cartoons. I really really really hope that Insomniac does the same here.

Booted up Arkham City once again because I wanted to try out the 3D in a Videogame and remembered that the Arkham games are a giant best off of everything great from all Batman Movies, Comics and Cartoons. I really really really hope that Insomniac does the same here.

What? Batman was Rocksteady.

Oh nm it's just your expectation.

how big is actually insomniac Games??

I guess the majority of the team will be busy with Spiderman.
Will they also work on the next Ratchet Game since the last game was so successfull?

Any discussion yet on most desired villains aka boss battles to make an appearance? Whenever I think of Spiderman 2, one portion that always stands out were the Mysterio sections. I'd be a happy camper to see him and Kraven make an appearance

Loudninja

Starring the world’s most iconic Super Hero, Spider-Man PS4 (working title) features the acrobatic abilities, improvisation and web-slinging that the wall-crawler is famous for, while also introducing elements never-before-seen in a Spider-Man game. From traversing with parkour and utilizing the environment, to new combat and blockbuster set pieces, it’s Spider-Man unlike any you’ve played before.

Marvel and Insomniac Games have teamed up to create a brand-new and authentic Spider-Man story. This isn’t the Spider-Man you’ve met before, or seen in a movie. This is an experienced Peter Parker who’s more masterful at fighting big crime in New York City. At the same time he’s struggling to balance his chaotic personal life and career while the fate of nine million New Yorkers rests upon his shoulders.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/spider-man-ps4/

SRTtoZ

The two trailers they have up of this game has almost 4m views in a few days. Compare that to Sunet Overdrive's 800k 2 years ago (which is a fun game), but we can see how much people want a new Spidey game. This will be huge.

Just saw the updated OP for the first time.
This sounds legit. How on...earrrth?

I don't give a toss about Spider-Man but a game with proper dev clout I am interested in.

BlackHeron

Neo Member
I am sure Sony is not forcing for the game to come out at the same time as the movie, but it is undeniable it would be a smart move and pretty much free marketing for the game.
I would not be surprised if this was a Summer 2017 release.
After all, the game looks to be in advanced state, and a 1 year before release announcement makes sense.
At the same time I don't see this being an early 2017 title and the earliest I can see this coming out is June-July.

madmackem

I hope they take what they learned on sunset into this, moving around the world in sunset was so much fun, god my mind running wild think of the movement around the city how fluid fast and fun they could make it.

I'm guessing all of them except Death Stranding is "planned" for 2017, but given the delays that some other games have faced, maybe they want to not announce until a safe time to be sure.

I can imagine say... Detroit originally being a summer game be given a fall window if Days Gone or Spidey got delayed to 2018 or something like that. Avoid saturation of too many AAA games in one quarter.

SomTervo

"Hey I use to work here, no wait, that was my clone"

oddjob12b-93828.jpg

As much as the clone saga was madness, I think a developer could actually get away with it in a game.

Jaysis

Macrotus

I don't want them to rush it. If it needs to someday slip into, say, 2018, then so be it.

This.

They don't need to rush it for it to be released around the same time as the movie.
Thats what EA did with Star Wars Battlefront. It did sell with the hype going around, but look at how that game is. It lacks depth, and I think they weren't able to add a campaign mode because they didn't have time.

I don't want Insomniac to give up on some content because they couldn't make it in time or just release the game unpolished. I'd rather wait and play a great game.

ArmGunar

They said it's under development for 3 years now, I really hope it's a 2017 game especially with Spiderman Homecoming in July 2017, it's a free ad for the game

This.

They don't need to rush it for it to be released around the same time as the movie.
Thats what EA did with Star Wars Battlefront. It did sell with the hype going around, but look at how that game is. It lacks depth, and I think they weren't able to add a campaign mode because they didn't have time.

I don't want Insomniac to give up on some content because they couldn't make it in time or just release the game unpolished. I'd rather wait and play a great game.

I wouldn't worry about it being rushed. Sony has shown this generation that they're more than willing to give developers time to make the game that they want, Insomniac are way too enthusiastic about working on it to want to just kick it out the door, and Marvel want to get their gaming brand out of the dumps.

hesido

Development should be strange thing. You're putting your blood and tears for 3 years without telling anyone else, and hoping for the best reception when the game is revealed. The reception can also be heart breaking at times, but this games seems to receive all positive reception, except the ones that don't like the exclusivity.

Here's my version of abandon thread.. Will upload full quality to my youtube channel so you guys can optimize to your heart's content..

Edit: Uploaded, modify at will. Don't butcher it yo.

pBdu09L.gif

Kouichi

The new design has been growing on me (probably due to rewatching the trailer far too much haha). I thought all the white on the costume was odd when I first saw it, but now I like how it makes the spider stand out on both sides. It looks great against the traditional red and blue.

But if they give me the Miles costume as an unlockable, I'm never looking back.
Spider-Man_(Miles_Morales).jpg

Shin-chan

Is there any news about how long this has been in the oven for? Like, was it in pre production planning stages prior to SOs release in 2014 and then moved into full production after that shipped or did the collaboration only come about once the studio was freed up after that title?

I hope it's next year. I think Sony avoided giving any release aspirations for their newly announced titles to avoid a Horizon situation. The games are probably all planned for late next year, but Sony has demonstrated they are happy to give more time if needed. It's better than to give a nice surprise when you're sure of the timeframe you can deliver rather than having to delay into the next quarter and disappoint a lot of people after setting expectations.

cebri.one

Is there a possibility that we will be having two spiderman games coexisting? Sony's spidy and the game associated to the movie probably published by Activision?

Is there a possibility that we will be having two spiderman games coexisting? Sony's spidy and the game associated to the movie probably published by Activision?

Insomniac/Sony's Spider-Man series will be the only console Spider-Man series going forward. They want to find excellent teams and then dedicate the IPs to them so they can focus on quality. That's not to say Spider-Man can't be in a cross-over game, but you won't see something like Activision console Spider-Man games coming out alongside these. Jay explicitly says "The future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac."

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1235407

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Development should be strange thing. You're putting your blood and tears for 3 years without telling anyone else, and hoping for the best reception when the game is revealed. The reception can also be heart breaking at times, but this games seems to receive all positive reception, except the ones that don't like the exclusivity.

Here's my version of abandon thread.. Will upload full quality to my youtube channel so you guys can optimize to your heart's content..

pBdu09L.gif

that font is everything

BKSmash

This looks really really good, and is being made by one of my favorite developers. But I'm afraid the game will have too much cinematic gameplay, you know what I mean? I really hope that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom