• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 introduces Pearl and Marina, Icecream vs. Icrecream Splatfest

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Went to the NYC Miku concert last year, it was insane. It was some real Uncanny Valley shit, I swear.

It felt like I was in a William Gibson cyberpunk novel the whole time.

Did they give out original japanese glowsticks (TM)?

If that's ever happening near me in Germany, I'd go immediately. Yes, I'd feel weird and I don't have high hopes for my fellow audience when it comes to fucking RAISE THE ROOF because Germans are boring shits on concerts, but I'd totally go.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
On a whim I just booted up the first game and was surprised that in about 90 seconds I matched with 7 other people of reasonably similar skill levels

the wait till release continues. leaks already happening. Just in case you care about spoilers

On a whim I just booted up the first game and was surprised that in about 90 seconds I matched with 7 other people of reasonably similar skill levels

It's quite nice how active it still is. wonder how badly the release of 2 will effect it

13ruce

Banned
the wait till release continues. leaks already happening. Just in case you care about spoilers

It's quite nice how active it still is. wonder how badly the release of 2 will effect it

Yup avoiding some sites where i am sure a troll spoils the final boss or the story twists etc.

Anyway i think Splatoon 1 will live till miiverse or the online service shuts down for Wii U. Sure 2's release will bring it down alot but i am syre you still can find some games atleast.

Older multiplayer games on console have faithfull commumities too so i think Splatoon 1 will have one till servers are terminated.

Yup avoiding some sites where i am sure a troll spoils the final boss or the story twists etc.

would probably be for the better. avoiding those

Anyway i think Splatoon 1 will live till miiverse or the online service shuts down for Wii U. Sure 2's release will bring it down alot but i am syre you still can find some games atleast.

Older multiplayer games on console have faithfull commumities too so i think Splatoon 1 will have one till servers are terminated.

and i guess the switch having stock problems will help it live a while longer too

Waji

I have a question...

Does hero mode give any experience (to be able to buy gear or play salmon run and so on) ?

Doorman

I have a question...

Does hero mode give any experience (to be able to buy gear or play salmon run and so on) ?
In terms of cash or experience to level up, then no, Hero Mode won't help you with that. You can unlock some exclusive weapons and gear through it, but that's all.

So my god-daughter just told me she think Pearl looks evil.

Yeah, Pearl looks a bit too evil for her own good. It is part of the concept but the designers went a bit too far IMO. Just look at the Splatfest. That's a shame since she is such a better character than Marina (next to Pearl she seems so bland +I hate the "I dress super sexy but I am soooo shy" trope)

Geg

It's the 20th now in Japan so the official twitter did a one more day post

DEpzydiUAAA0J4P.jpg:large

ACE 1991

Alright, so I don't own a pro controller. What is widely considered the best way to control the game? Motion control with the joy cons in the controller dock or undocked?

Waji

Alright, so I don't own a pro controller. What is widely considered the best way to control the game? Motion control with the joy cons in the controller dock or undocked?
It seems to depend but it may be better to have the joycons attached (either in portable or in the grip).

I think everything work as long as you feel comfortable and can adapt to it.
For me it seemed that portable mode was the easiest. I guess having the screen and controllers all the same is helpful for aiming, but I plan on playing more with split joycons as I like to play games this way.

So I guess the safe way to begin with could be joy-cons in grip (normal controller style) and try differently in solo mode.

Wiseblade

IIRC, only the right Joycon has gyro controls so playing with them separated might be a bit disorienting.

ACE 1991

It seems to depend but it may be better to have the joycons attached (either in portable or in the grip).

I think everything work as long as you feel comfortable and can adapt to it.
For me it seemed that portable mode was the easiest. I guess having the screen and controllers all the same is helpful for aiming, but I plan on playing more with split joycons as I like to play games this way.

So I guess the safe way to begin with could be joy-cons in grip (normal controller style) and try differently in solo mode.

Ok, great! I played the splatfest almost entirely in dual analog stick mode and the aiming felt pretty terrible. I didn't realize that the motion controls are the most popular control method.

Kudo

Just borrowing this thread to ask people if their ZR button is loose? In my Joy-con the ZR button goes half-way down before pressing, but ZL on left Joy-con can only be pressed and it's not loose at all.
I sent them to infamous Bergsala for servicing but they sent it back without doing anything to it, already emailed them about it why did they do nothing to it, feels like it just got looser there and its bugging the hell out of me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So ive watched some of dude's vids about splatoon 2 and he says the aerospray is alot better than 2 and says it's "insane"

So look forward to more of the good ol aerospray making a comeback in splatoon 2

zonq

My package arrives in a few hours, one day before release! I guess my last two complaints to Amazon about not being on time finally helped. Gives me enough time to get the single player out of the way before the server goes up.

Also, any eta on the OT? Just looked for it and was surprised that it's not up yet

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So ive watched some of dude's vids about splatoon 2 and he says the aerospray is alot better than 2 and says it's "insane"

So look forward to more of the good ol aerospray making a comeback in splatoon 2

I remember when golden aerospray was the new Rollers are OP and everyone was using them.

In fact I remember being squid of the match once, without a single kill or death with it when I first unlocked it.

13ruce

Banned
The dumbest thing about the pearl teeth thing is that marina has the exact same teeth.

I think it's kinda cute that they share some same quirks/features, although with the Squid Sisters those are literally sisters so with them it made more sense to have the same looking quirks/features tbh.

Clothes wise it does not really matter tho they are best friends probably.

So the ost is already there on youtube! Someone who listened the final boss, is it better than calamari inkantation?

i have a link for those who wants it

I should recieve mine next week sadly, but i won't listen to the soundtrack before!

They are not sisters?
I played one for the first time this year and i did not really got into all the lore yet.

Edit: also never collected all those story scrolls yet lol...

Cousins.
Thats why I liked the spanish name for the group. Calamarciñas instead of squid sisters. Less confussion.

Top Bottom