• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

MouldyK

Man, all these Level 15 Guys wandering around and i'm Level 27, not playing for like 6 Months...

6 Matches so far...4 of them I have won for Blue Team.

Didn't expect to be coming first on my team with the L3 Nozzlenose, but these Young'uns need me to put the team on my back, yo!

Moondrop

Banned
Things seem to have turned in Blue's favor for now; got up to hawt 19.5 by the time I hit queen.

I use splatfests to learn new weapons, and may I humbly say that I wrecked faces today with the slosher deco. I shocked myself at the degree to which no cover was safe from my volleys. Its range is solid. And the 19 points in swim speed and special charge up I use for my tri-slosher was quite applicable to the kraken.

But I still don't understand how to utilize the splash wall in this kit. If I want to block a passage, cascades of ink are just as intimidating, more likely to kill, and cost less ink. Merely standing behind it feels foolish. I can't even use it as a defense after exiting kraken form, as there's a considerable lag before I can toss the wall. I mostly tried to use it to protect teammates, but it's no bubbler. It is interesting how much farther the wall travels when you throw it from a height. I guess there will be more applications for the wall in ranked, but I'm open to splash wall tips.

So i JUST figured out how to mingle Gyro with stick and....somehow i do BETTER now :)

My kill count went up, except for the times where i still forget using the Gyro.

Also: Can it be that with this setup you can actually control left and right with stick but NOT up and down (except with the Gyro?)

ffdgh

Red's not really putting up a challenge on my end. This is more or less a breeze at the moment.
KuGsj.gif

Choomp

Banned
Anecdotally Blue is stomping. I haven't lost a match yet for like 8 matches.

So HAWT!!

Yeah, blue is doing work from what I've seen. I'm on red and levels wise the teams have always been stronger in blue's favor and I feel like we've lost a lot more than we've won.

MouldyK

3 Skatepark Matches...3 Losses for Blue Team...

...I think there's been a Turnaround on my end. Blue Team seem to have gotten worse!

Made it to pokemon Red royalty
Quite a struggle. Started with bad teams and disconnects but eventually found a team I kept till champion.
After that another struggle to find a decent team to reach royalty.

Pokemon Red is more popular but Blue seems to have better players.
Guess Marie has a good chance for wins here.
Got lucky with the new ending times here though. Would not have made it otherwise

CO_Andy

Feels like every game i played during this splatfest has a person disconnect before or sometime during the match.

Basically playing exclusively with North America is worse than playing with Japan :p

Hackworth

Finally got good teams, hit 2/99 of max rank on a 15 win streak, then I went to bed. The new Splatfest time means it starts at like 5pm saturday, and my sunday is full of stuff.

Good luck Blue! (not that we need it. we've got a type advantage)

Jims

RIP Team Red. Awful.

Got up to +10.0 but I don't know how. Not even going to bother going up to King, it's that terrible. First match of the day was against a Dual/Dual/.96 Deco/Carbon team.

Malus

Blue Queen level. Ended on a nice streak.

Come on universe Team Marie needs this. For the good of the people. Mostly me.

edit: I never noticed capn cuttlefish bobbed his head to the music while peaking outta the sewer.

EulaCapra

Best Splatfest I've had. Under ten losses I think and it took me 3 hours and 20 minutes to reach Pokemon Blue Queen. Vibe of 28. And over 20 matches where I didn't even get killed!

But jesus christ. Was barely losing and it still felt like an eternity to reach Queen.

Geg

I'm glad it sounds like most people in here are having good experiences on team blue, I mostly still got garbage up until Queen rank. Even pairing up with friends didn't help much until this afternoon.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Had a rough start on both days of Splatfest; today was a particularly rough few games; but in the end, managed to get an excellent win streak going. Zink Mini is just too strong in Splatfest. D:

WVW69i6uE24mTcNPUD

Even if Team Blue loses in PAL, I'm satisfied with my contribution.

ffdgh

Fun times...tho I got about 8 or 9 blue mirrors for some strange reason. Just incase i'm gonna do some post game grinding. :p
ILaXRos.jpg

Blues1990

Every match that I have participated in, I had gotten disconnected from it. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, I just want to play the game! >_<

abd

Had a rough start on both days of Splatfest; today was a particularly rough few games; but in the end, managed to get an excellent win streak going. Zink Mini is just too strong in Splatfest. D:

WVW69i6uE24mTcNPUD

Even if Team Blue loses in PAL, I'm satisfied with my contribution.

Wow.

Geg

Yeah most of my splatfest luck has come after reaching queen rank. I ended 4 and a half hours straight of playing last night at a measly 5 on the vibe meter, and after playing some this afternoon brought it up to 21.5

Blues1990

Am I the only one that doesn't like Splatfests and wishes I could just play regular rank matches?

I would like them more if I don't get disconnected from the servers, let alone for how unstable they are. If anything, the event should be re-dub as "Lagfests."

Top Bottom