• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Blues1990

Yeah, I've been having a lot of lag as well.

Good to know that I'm not the only one. I have a strong connection to the internet (I can play just about any online-enabled game fine with the occasional hiccup on my PC), but Splatoon is the only game that takes pleasure in ruining my fun, especially when my team is winning & we have only 10 seconds on the clock.

Then, SURPRISE! You are disconnected from the game! You go down a rank! Herp a derp!

I wasn't sure which side to choose in this one, not being a fan of Pokemon. I haven't played much since the last Splatfest and this was my first time on Ancho-V Games. It's a fun map! I managed to do my part for Team Blue.
yzEUDda.png

I'm getting lots of disconnects tonight . I'm on team red and have to wait a few minutes before blue fills up so not fun. Losing a lot tonight too, what happened to team Calie?! Lol

I keep getting disconnected :( i was so looking forward to this I was busy all day and I can't get on this splatfest

Is rhere anything I can do ? Is everyone else getting kicked off after like 12 seconds each match ?

GWX

Summing up my last 10 games

Blue Team:

United as a Team...so united that it seemed like there were 5 Members on our team each game!

Red Team:

Disbanded. Broken. Crying. Useless.

Exactly my experience. My team (Blue) dominated the whole day on my end. I swear every match tonight ended in base raping. Played just enough to become King and got So Hawt!! +22.0 lol

All three teammates disconnected. All the enemies are there.

Did nothing for a minute and when everyone stopped when quickly and killed 3 in a row and got over ten percent of the map filled.

Kirye

I went Red thinking everyone would go Red since Charizard is more popular... didn't stop to think that would mean all the scrubs would go red leaving the good players in Blue. I've been camped at my base countless times cause my team can't handle shit.

What error code is it?

How many wifi connections do you have? If you have more than one try deleting them all and creating a new one.
I wasn't actually getting any error codes. It would just keep saying in game "unstable connection" and then eventually the match would stop after about thirty seconds.

I can browse the Internet and everything on my WiiU just fine too. I did clear my extra wifi slots to just one but it hasn't helped

Edit: just got a whole match without disconnecting in! It said "connection unstable" for like 5 seconds but it held together luckily

I went Red thinking everyone would go Red since Charizard is more popular... didn't stop to think that would mean all the scrubs would go red leaving the good players in Blue. I've been camped at my base countless times cause my team can't handle shit.

Another Red here

If you're stuck with team mates that just can't do anything.. you'll lose from almost any team. No matter how good you are. Last session ended in many losses because of that.
14 splats and covering the arena almost completely. Still lost because my team could not handle anything.

Malus

If you're stuck with team mates that just can't do anything.. you'll lose from almost any team. No matter how good you are.

Especially on Camp Triggerfish. At least on some of the other maps you can patrol the chokepoints but on Camp ya kinda gotta pick a path and hope your teamates can handle the rest.

J@hranimo

Banned
...Today was a weird day for me in Splatfest/Splatoon in general. Had low morale due to more comm errors and bad Blue teammates until later on and I finally reached King status. I think the results will be surprising for NA.

Makonero

Coolest splatfest ever and I can't even get a single match in without it disconnecting 10 seconds in

Wonderful

I tried six times today and all I was getting was connection errors. I played twice last week for long stints with no issues.

Aggravation, thy name is Nintendo's netcode.

Just made Red King . Also my game pad charge light went red on the last round, as if to remind me of my bad choice ... tho I do like Charizard =P

I was thinking Blue would be the least popular so it would have the win multiplier to their advantage, but I just couldn't ignore that I grew up and loved Pokemon Red, so I picked Team Red.

Oh god, I think I only won a few matches, but everything else was loss after loss.
I gave up halfway through reaching King rank, and I feel bad about it.

Kirye

Another Red here

If you're stuck with team mates that just can't do anything.. you'll lose from almost any team. No matter how good you are. Last session ended in many losses because of that.
14 splats and covering the arena almost completely. Still lost because my team could not handle anything.

Yeah that's been my biggest issue. At the very least I finished ranking up like half an hour ago so I made it in time.

Forkball

WTF was splatfest shorter this time or something? I turned it on like five minutes ago to get in some matches but it said it was over. WHY FIRE EMBLEM WHY

L95

WTF was splatfest shorter this time or something? I turned it on like five minutes ago to get in some matches but it said it was over. WHY FIRE EMBLEM WHY

Not sure where you are, but in the US, the Splatfest was actually shifted back an hour.

L95

I coulda sworn last Splatfest was saturdays AND sundays, this was just yesterday? (EU here)

Plus: Maintenance sucks :(

Hum? No, Splatfests have always been one day, starting right when friday ends(I think there have been a few exceptions to this in some regions, not 100% tho). They've never been the whole weekend/more than 24 hours.

Top Bottom