• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon singleplayer campaign announced

Like it even better on my second (and third, and fourth, and fifth...) watch. The music is obviously awesome but the platforming sections looked genuinely great. Can't wait for this.

Lijik

The platforming shown looked intense as hell at some pints. Reminded me a lot of the fluddless levels in sunshine.

Those sections bumped this up to "Holy shit need this immediately" and I was already pretty excited. Cant wait to see what else they do with the traversal in the singleplayer

pringles

I'm in love with the art, sound and just the concept that this game is built on. Really brilliant stuff. Fresh, unique, yet has that "why has no one done this before" feel to it.

I hope the actual game can deliver. Looks promising. I definitely think a puzzle-heavy single-player 'campaign' is a good choice.

Cartoons, toys.. Splatoon could turn into a huge franchise if Nintendo plays their cards right with it.

Tuck

^I agree, but they probably won't. Because Nintendo.

Those sections bumped this up to "Holy shit need this immediately" and I was already pretty excited. Cant wait to see what else they do with the traversal in the singleplayer

This. Love me some platforming.

69wpm

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Man, the wait will be brutal. BRUTAL. The art, the music, the level design. Sogood.gif.

Did anyone catch the older Inkling/mollusk popping from the hatch, looking around dazed with a skipper's hat on? He's my new favorite. I'd buy the Amiibo version of him, although having the skin available for vanilla multiplayer would rock.

Really though, what the fuck is up with the terrible compression on these videos.
Just wait for the official Nintendo video, these are stream captures and archives.

These spherical Dyson Spheres will be so fun to scramble about. It's like peering into a world Psychonauts-style, but the enveloping skybox reminds me of the Flying Cap tower level from SM64.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I wasn't really excited about this game before, but that trailer looks awesome! Love the robot squids.

Dayum! I didn't even know this game had a single player mode, much less one that looks so exhilarating and deep. This is only an online release, right? They should give it a discounted retail release too
It deserves it.

Tuck

Dayum! I didn't even know this game had a single player mode, much less one that looks so exhilarating and deep. This is only an online release, right? They should give it a discounted retail release too
It deserves it.

Er... no. Its a retail release.

A fully priced retail release.

I knew this game was Super Mario Sunshine + Team Fortress 2 but I wasn't sure how much mileage they would get out of the single-player mode, and competitive shooters don't excite me. Well, now I am sold. I am completely in Nintendo's pocket. One hour ago Splatoon was a mild curiosity I was monitoring from a distance. Now it's at the top of my Wii U shopping list for the first half of 2015.

Er... no. Its a retail release.

A fully priced retail release.

Oh it's retail? I thought I heard some people on here say it was just a digital only deal.

OK well that makes more sense then. Knew it looked too good to just be some $20-30 digital deal.

Top Bottom