• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

txZIxKb.png

armor lock is back :p

http://www.twitch.tv/ign/v/20821837
starts at 1:37:50

And to think, we helped Locke come up with it! (Hunt The Signal)

Olengie

Sometimes, I think Cortana will somehow create a Living Body and somehow upload her mind into it. Lol. Then Chief and Cortana can be together. Lmao.

Digital incest is the purest love in existence. So is Cortana full waifu status now or what? Have the fan-fics been granted sudden legitimacy?

shiggy-2.gif

Waifu status was granted at the end of Halo 2 when Cortana-117 says to her husbando John-117, "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it".

Wait so if Jul is dead and the covenant is "Broken" as they say in the E3 Demo are 343 trying to pose the universe for a no-covie Halo 6? I really hope not.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Wait so if Jul is dead and the covenant is "Broken" as they say in the E3 Demo are 343 trying to pose the universe for a no-covie Halo 6? I really hope not.

Don't think the "Civil War" will end in just one game the way it's presented (not to mention the Covenant remnants are not just based on Sanghelios)
in mission 8
+ some other book stuff

Cortana
"mendicant bias" lite
ehhh?
Return of the flood in follow up games?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Loving Roland's rant with Lasky and Halsey, you know what he meant by that last line.

Yes we know :)

Cortana going "rampant" opens so many possibilities... forerunners (now dead ) keeping a few/one precursor alive in some sort of complex prison would definitely be big - if Cortana found out where.

Sometimes, I think Cortana will somehow create a Living Body and somehow upload her mind into it. Lol. Then Chief and Cortana can be together. Lmao.
I pretty much thought that was the logical assumption based on story points of 4.

Also better make it a bit Spartanish of a body at that, for a few reasons...

Trup1aya

Wow, I feel like with these first three missions, the cutscenes, and the in-game dialogue have established a sense of urgency that none of the preceding entries have been able too...

It really looks like 343i has really thought long and hard about story telling this time around.. And the gameplay is solid, as usual. The wait is getting rough!

Trup1aya

Are there any other enemy races in Halo lore besides the Forerunner, Covenant and the Flood? Really want to fight Brutes again.

Apparently there's an amphibious species calls Yonhet that were affiliated with the covenant, but not officially part of it.

Anyway, they're apparently more lovers than fighters, and Started trading with humans once the Covenant-human war ended w/ halo 3.

Ofcourse the galaxy is big. And their might be undiscovered sentient species... Also I'd like to see 343i play more with the idea that all sorts of species are preserved on the ring and sheild worlds..

What if Master Chief dies but Cortana uploads herself into his armor then Halo 6 you play as Cortana piloting dead Master Chief around and she talks to him like he's still alive but then they'll go all Metroid Prime and every once in a while you'll catch a reflection of a skull in your helmet. Man that'd be rad.

"You're not the only one here because of him"

Locke referencing Chief as a saviour or... ?

I took that to mean that Locke (and by extension Buck) were ultimately convinced into joining the UNSC because they were inspired by Chief's legacy. I mean granted, Chief wouldn't have as many accomplishments back then, but he was still putting in work and neither Buck nor Locke look anywhere near Chief's age (~50 at this point), and Chief has been on operations since he was roughly 15.

I took that to mean that Locke (and by extension Buck) were ultimately convinced into joining the UNSC because they were inspired by Chief's legacy. I mean granted, Chief wouldn't have as many accomplishments back then, but he was still putting in work and neither Buck nor Locke look anywhere near Chief's age (~50 at this point), and Chief has been on operations since he was roughly 15.

Buck is actually older than Chief. Buck is 48 (born in the year 2510). Chief is 47 (born in the year 2511). Of course neither look anywhere near that age due to the amount of time spent in Cryosleep.

Locke on the other hand is quite a bit younger than both of them with him only being 29 during the events of Halo 5.

shoreu

Are there any other enemy races in Halo lore besides the Forerunner, Covenant and the Flood? Really want to fight Brutes again.

I think the brutes are back to a few planetsthe Arbiter has killed so many of them. He only has one alliance with a cheiftan that I know about.

Also were more or less fighting the Prometheans not the forerunners. That fight world be different.

chekhonte

I went from not caring about this game to watching some gameplay and talking to some gaffers and now I can't take wait!

I'm dying here!

Onikaan

Interesting. That's definitely a possible explanation for what he meant. I just couldn't quite work out if he was saying it in a negative way, like Chief had somehow created this bad situation for them by going off on his own.

After understanding that line I now firmly believe Locke will see what's really going on and that siding with the chief will be the right thing to do.

As much as I'd like to talk about and discuss it, I won't. It would be a discourtesy to the devs who want most fans to experience it for themselves at launch.

Spoiler number 2:
The prometheans are a blast to fight.

Top Bottom