• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

4ad2d8006546fe9e5186e8f6240cbdde.png

The thing to the left is from the video Callego posted above, to the right is something that flashes really quickly in the RE7 trailer along with a four above it.

bd7bb8bc7ac3811e41d3744a69c977ea.png

I'm suspicious.

I'm sure they have, but has anyone tried axing the circle? I can't think of a way in which you'd interact with that circle mechanically

just wanting to confirm the photo in the phone room.

I got a trigger click sound after looking at the photo for a while, AFTER I used the phone to get a message when it rang. It allowed me to leave the room without triggering the family man game over screen.

I got out once but he just then got me after I descended the stairs.

Also the wall markings are on the same wall to the right of the phone. Also you can see the outlines of the boards that make up the wall with the O in the shadow so it seems more like a glitch

gafneo

Banned
I posted this in the other RE7 thread, but it is kind of related as it's about finding the secrets of the RE7 demo. Someone spotted a BIG HINT that might suggest Resident Evil 7 will come with a demo of REmake 2:

e178f69d72bf24f8c9d0f59d369f0640.jpg

Capcom are going with really interesting clues in this, I will say.

We get a demo if we solve the clues I bet. It will give us a redeem code. Only one person gets to play it.

Ashtrax

Same here, he then got me on the floor below.

I wonder if there is an office full of people at Capcom thinking "oh shit, the internet is thinking there is something else. Develop something, quick!".

Haha perhaps. Interesting you got caught out on the next floor after leaving. I've made it back to the video room since now trying to look at the stones note to see if there is a click.

Had anyone else tried roaming the house after answering the phone call? As long as you go very slowly away from the phone the old man doesn't attack, and continues to not attack as long as you keep moving at a snails pace.

Callego

I'm sure they have, but has anyone tried axing the circle? I can't think of a way in which you'd interact with that circle mechanically

I tried and couldn't get any reaction.

All in all, I think the clicking noises are what we should be looking into. I reckon they're like the cries in PT and we need to get all of them, maybe in a specific order.

Fuser

We get a demo if we solve the clues I bet. It will give us a redeem code. Only one person gets to play it.
Game design by Peter Molydeux.

More findings from Reddit:
Morse code has been applied to certain blinks, flashes, drips, sounds, etc. With some interesting results, one of which being a phone number. /u/Kinseb attributed the number's area code to Louisiana.
Another user /u/catface0 changed the time codes on the VHS into coordinates, which also led to Louisiana. People have started looking into events that occurred in Louisian that might match up with the game.

Hanmik

You are forced to be in the kitchen for quite some time in the VHS section. You can't move forward until the big guy is gone. I know you can find the lock pick in that time, but there is still SO much time before you can move on..
Does opening stuff in the kitchen change anything in the future? (besides the unlocked drawer)

Drajikore

Neo Member
Outside the house
(via a bug)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrjcoMNwG90

Sweet, well at least that lets us know that we are not ever supposed to exit the house that way since objects aren't rendered. Finding a secret path out of the house seems like the only solution now, rather than preforming a series of tasks in the right order that allows you to leave.

Maybe after the seven ghost sightings, the ladder will appear back at the basement? Leading to a secret Umbrella facility?

Omnicent

Found something interesting!!!
https://www.twitch.tv/aamarmo

Ok yeah just saw your stream.
You can still highlight the grayed out options (Load and Retry).
I can see instances where the UI state for those options could remain greyed out, but the input events being enabled temporarily/having different conditional branching depending on certain game states/flags/criteria.

I do not have the demo, but figured I'd toss it out there (its more than likely load/retry are red herrings).

I tried and couldn't get any reaction.

All in all, I think the clicking noises are what we should be looking into. I reckon they're like the cries in PT and we need to get all of them, maybe in a specific order.

Could be, but i'm quite sure i've heard them when idle too.

It is important to note to the people suggesting there may not be any more to this that Resident Evil 7 is being worked on by one of the PT developers, and the PT solution was meant to take far longer than it did and is very cryptic when you think about it. Someone just stumbled onto it by mistake and we were able to brute force it through trial and error.

PT did require a bit of outside thinking to get the name Jerith, correct? I believe it was a bible passage that the game only hinted at, having previously just given us the letter J. We have references to the bible here too with the dash against the stones note. I know 1137 (the fake company name from PT) and the trees on the loading screen were clues too, i really feel we're going to think outside the box on this one. Its why the Simyplgon company logo on the side of the microwave in game sticks out to me, though i've been shot down for suggesting it.

Meesh

I saw the trailer and would love to try the demo but sadly I don't have a ps4 yet :(
Anyways, this thing looks dark and terrifying as fuck, looking forward to reading more impressions.

Diablos

Demo was not satisfying to say the least.

Although on the other hand the secrets scattered throughout might warrant another playthrough.

RootCause

Not via the back door anyway. Or maybe when we really escape it will trigger a CG cutscene.

This is the first thing I thought, if it looks like that outside I'm assuming you were never meant to go out there.
Maybe Kinsei's right, there's another way out, or the textures didn't load because they're using a glitch to get outside.

I still think we're missing something with the finger, and axe.

Twookie

love when the community bands together like this to complete hard puzzles like PT and this game!

now, I haven't actually played the demo myself
i don't have the balls to do so
but what does clicking the touchpad do? could you use that to type out the morse code by any chance?

Me too. It feels like any developments just add more questions instead of answering anything. I think Capcom is fucking with us.

I don't know, as we've mentioned quite a few times PT was meant to take far longer to solve, and we know from capcom that the demo is a unique portion of the game. I really feel like there is more to this, and like PT's solution required some very outside the box solutions (that we unfortunately found by mistake). Given that one of the PT designers worked on this too, its likely they took precaution to make sure we wouldn't stumble on it the same way.

Me too. It feels like any developments just add more questions instead of answering anything. I think Capcom is fucking with us.

But then what's the point of the finger and the axe? And the sequence breaking to get the fuse and the second ending? There is definitely more I can feel it in me bones!

Brohan

I've found what looks like an up arrow carved into the bookshelf in the room that you start in. Don't know if anyone else has found that yet? Upper right corner i believe. Need to aim your flashlight at it for it to be visible.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
So I've destroyed the three mannequins and I'm roaming the house after answering the phone and fam man doesn't seem to be coming after me. The mannequin in the telephone room respawns even if I destroy it with the axe! It's respawned at least twice now. Now sure if this means anything. Also I've watched the video twice.

One more thing: the options > 'retry' feature is always grayed out...is it only useable if you get caught by fam man?

I've found what looks like an up arrow carved into the bookshelf in the room that you start in. Don't know if anyone else has found that yet? Upper right corner i believe. Need to aim your flashlight at it for it to be visible.

I was thinking the same thing. Scroll up to post 1118.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You guys think RE2 remake will be in first person like this? I wonder if there using the same engine for both games.

I think it will be third person...that way there's something for the people who may not want to play this and/or want something more like the older titles as well.

You guys think RE2 remake will be in first person like this? I wonder if there using the same engine for both games.
Absolutely not. REmake2 is being made specifically to appease classic fans of RE2.

I could see it powered by the same engine, though it may just be Unreal 4 like Street Fighter was.

Top Bottom