• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
firehawk12 said:
I just want my somewhat classy slice of life shows to be made!
But those might not get made anymore if the block continues the way it is!

qcf x2

I've seen some of C and it's worth continuing. I liked the first 2 eps of Blue Exorcist but then it became Bleach-filler-bad. Now that it's almost over, what else is good from this season?

BluWacky

Branduil said:
The BONES noitaminA show will be a total disaster.

Just like Jyu-Oh-Sei... oh, wait, no, it was quite good.

Just like Tokyo Magnitude 8.0... oh, wait, no, it was quite good.

Just like No 6... oh, wait, no, it hasn't aired yet.

Instro

Kaiji 10
lol at that guy's daughter, I assume she shows up in the story at some point, maybe Ill start reading the manga after this season ends. Have we figured out how many episodes there are btw? Seems pretty hard to wrap up this storyline in the next couple.

firehawk12 said:
I just want my somewhat classy slice of life shows to be made!

HanaIro isn't even a part of noitaminA. You people are acting like without noitaminA they wouldn't make shows without mecha, harems, and/or moe anymore.

iavi

Gintama latest ep

Hoooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllyyyyyyy sssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiiitttttt. I knew it! I fucking knew it! This arc is going to be incredible.

This is such a depature for the series. Frankly, I'm amazed.

trejo

Steins;Gate 10

Dat Rukako?

A pretty funny episode. Didn't really move things forward much but I've learned not to care about that stuff when it comes to this show.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I love how Anime List's Fansub group rating under each anime is basically useless since they seem to be all over the place. Are each of the fansub groups voting for themselves and downvoting the competition?

Trojita said:
I love how Anime List's Fansub group rating under each anime is basically useless since they seem to be all over the place. Are each of the fansub groups voting for themselves and downvoting the competition?

I use anidb.net but I think they have the same problem there.

7Th

Trojita said:

Always go with GG.

Articalys said:
Looks like Tiger & Bunny wasn't enough -- Viz is now the U.S. licensor for all Hatsune Miku products and merchandise.
First the Toyota campaign, then the AX concert, then the Supercell album, now this -- why the sudden interest?
The funny part, to me at least, is that this is completely separate from anything to do with the Vocaloid software itself, nor any of the other characters.

Viz? Hmm. I'd like to see where this goes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I don't think I have ever watched something this good in animu.

Is Summer Wars on Blu-Ray yet?

In light of this new season of this Shana show, is it recommended to watch the previous ones? What's the general opinion on the show? I don't want to start something that isn't fun.

TWGOKII - 3:

I just realized while watching the ED that Keima's PFP already has 2 analog sticks. It's already practically a PSVita! Son of a bitch! How come fictional characters in fictional worlds get all the cool shit? It looks like he has signal issues too, it's like he's already using sucktastic AT&T 3G! In unrelated news, Haqua is hot and her voice isn't annoying like Elsie's.

duckroll

Gundam AGE

The next Gundam TV series starting this Fall is a kiddy show with kiddy designs, and a total kiddy focus! Fuck yeah! Not just an anime, but manga, a card game, more gunpla, and other GIMMICKS! The new Gundam franchise comes from the mind of Akihiro Hino, the boss of Level 5. Fresh from ruining Dragon Quest, he tries his hand at ruining another beloved classic franchise not even in his industry specialization! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hino is in charge of the story, and probably the marketing concepts for Gundam Age. Looks super bad. I am impressed by the badness!

trejo

Kamen Rider Prism said:
In light of this new season of this Shana show, is it recommended to watch the previous ones? What's the general opinion on the show? I don't want to start something that isn't fun.
Just watch the Shana-tan shorts and call it a day.

Unknown Soldier said:
TWGOKII - 3:

I just realized while watching the ED that Keima's PFP already has 2 analog sticks. It's already practically a PSVita! Son of a bitch! How come fictional characters in fictional worlds get all the cool shit? It looks like he has signal issues too, it's like he's already using sucktastic AT&T 3G! In unrelated news, Haqua is hot and her voice isn't annoying like Elsie's.
But Elsie is voiced by your Waifu. How can you say she's annoying?!

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
Gundam AGE

The next Gundam TV series starting this Fall is a kiddy show with kiddy designs, and a total kiddy focus! Fuck yeah! Not just an anime, but manga, a card game, more gunpla, and other GIMMICKS! The new Gundam franchise comes from the mind of Akihiro Hino, the boss of Level 5. Fresh from ruining Dragon Quest, he tries his hand at ruining another beloved classic franchise not even in his industry specialization! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hino is in charge of the story, and probably the marketing concepts for Gundam Age. Looks super bad. I am impressed by the badness!

Goddamit. For real? What the fuck?

Hype level down to negative values.

duckroll said:
Gundam AGE

This must have been what Hino was referring to when he said he had big announcements that would raise Level-5's impact on the industry.

Articalys

duckroll said:
Gundam AGE

Where did you hear about this? I mean, I found the scan which makes it look like a kid's shounen series, but not the Level 5 stuff.
If it's all just stuff from 2ch though, I guess I'll never be on the front line of rumors and leaks since I can't read a word of Japanese.

Enron

Banned
duckroll said:
Gundam AGE

Holy SHIT this is awful looking. I have teh sads.

/wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist /wrist

duckroll

Articalys said:
Where did you hear about this? I mean, I found the scan which makes it look like a kid's shounen series, but not the Level 5 stuff.
If it's all just stuff from 2ch though, I guess I'll never be on the front line of rumors and leaks since I can't read a word of Japanese.

Scans from Corocoro have leaked out. It's definitely legit.

Hellsing321 said:
But Elsie is voiced by your Waifu. How can you say she's annoying?!

Because Kanae Ito is really annoying and high-pitched in this series but not in HanaIro?

TWGOKII - 4:

What makes TWGOK fundamentally successful is that it's actually quite sweet at it's core. It's completely honest about what it's target market is, but it doesn't blatantly pander to them like you would expect from a show about a guy who prefers 2D girls to real ones. The basic message isn't that well-hidden either, that you need real friends to fill the emptiness in your heart. Also, it's pretty goddamned funny. The last 2 episodes have been quite amusing with Keima basically on the sidelines (expect when he's being abused by Haqua) and so we get to see the interactions between Elsie and Haqua. I'm sad that there won't be a season 3 of this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unknown Soldier said:
HanaIro isn't even a part of noitaminA. You people are acting like without noitaminA they wouldn't make shows without mecha, harems, and/or moe anymore.
How many HanaIros have there been in the last few seasons though?

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
How can anyone not know this. I have like all of CLAMP's smut on my manga shelf.

Does CLAMP do smut? I thought they were just for extra sparkly shoujo.

Now if you had said Shinjo Mayu...

Blader

duckroll said:
Gundam AGE

:lol

Oh well. Unicorn ep. 4 still hits this fall, that'll tide me over until...episode 5, I guess.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Next we'll find out that Death Geass is a yaoi show =(

Fall 2011 worst season ever confirmed.

Death geass actually looks what i expected the new gundam to look like!

Wandering Son last season. No matter what you say about it.
Not relevant to the discussion since it was noitamina.

Lafiel said:
Death geass actually looks what i expected the new gundam to look like!

Not relevant to the discussion since it was noitamina.
Good point. I thought we were talking about quality shows in general.

Nonoriri said:
But Wandering Son is much better than HanaIro!
It certainly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom