• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Real talk, Do people find the 'anime releases of the week' posts I do useful? I find that most people here get that shit weeks in advance anyways.

This is a bit old, but I still need to watch this show: I remember finding out about it on an auction site through a tiny little thumbnail a while back lol. The shit I find, crazy. Looks nice.

I don't mind, sometimes I forgot what is coming out. With the weeks in advance stuff it's mostly Sentai. Funimation stuff usually arrive on release date.

Are you guys TRYING to shut this place down and make me go back to SonicGAF?!?

Maybe I should start that Sonic X rewatch I've been planning on doing now so I can prepare myself just in case. -_-

Please tell me , you're going to watch 1 then 20 to 50 , stop there and ignore the painfull episodes 2 to 19. and the third season.

Because if you plan to watch it all ....

cajunator

Banned
I don't mind, sometimes I forgot what is coming out. With the weeks in advance stuff it's mostly Sentai. Funimation stuff usually arrive on release date.

tomorrow I will post yuuki Yuuna vol 2 pics :D

It actually came in today but Im at my house and not my parents.

PK Gaming

Real talk, Do people find the 'anime releases of the week' posts I do useful? I find that most people here get that shit weeks in advance anyways.

This is a bit old, but I still need to watch this show: I remember finding out about it on an auction site through a tiny little thumbnail a while back lol. The shit I find, crazy. Looks nice.

Freaky deaky. Someone retweeted it on twitter, and I was thinking of watching it...

Guess i'll give it a go then.

Kung Fury

CGHulJ2WcAA7jDA.png

Anime was better in the 80s.

Narag

It's useful as I don't really pay attention to most release dates anymore so I don't know what's actually available.

javac

Bluray or gtfo.
I'm usually that way too, and as weird as this may sound, a lot of it has to do with how old DVD's just look ugly packaging wise and less to do with PQ to be honest since graphics design and quality of materials have come a long way since. In that case, if a DVD set is packaged really nice, and I know it's a show that won't come to BD or at least not any time soon/too expensive for now, I won't dismiss the notion of buying the DVD outright. I make exceptions, and Robot Carnival is one of those exceptions. It's my most hyped release alongside the Belladonna of Sadness BD.

you HAVE seen Haibane Renmei and Kino's journey right?
Not seen Haibane yet, likewise for Kino, although Kino never really was on my radar whereas Haibane was something I was interested in while I was going through my ABe phase but fell out.

Hmmm, I might continue doing them then.

EDIT:
I do at least :p

It's useful as I don't really pay attention to most release dates anymore so I don't know what's actually available.
I guess I will then :)

cajunator

Banned
I'm usually that way too, and as weird as this may sound, a lot of it has to do with how old DVD's just look ugly packaging wise and less to do with PQ to be honest since graphics design and quality of materials have come a long way since. In that case, if a DVD set is packaged really nice, and I know it's a show that won't come to BD or at least not any time soon/too expensive for now, I won't dismiss the notion of buying the DVD outright. I make exceptions, and Robot Carnival is one of those exceptions. It's my most hyped release alongside the Belladonna of Sadness BD.

Not seen Haibane yet, likewise for Kino, although Kino never really was on my radar whereas Haibane was something I was interested in while I was going through my ABe phase but fell out.

Hmmm, I might continue doing them then.

EDIT:

I guess I will then :)

watch Kinos and Haibane Renmei then. you wont be disappointed.

Please tell me , you're going to watch 1 then 20 to 50 , stop there and ignore the painfull episodes 2 to 19. and the third season.

Because if you plan to watch it all ....

Oh I'll be watching all of it all right. I'd like to do that, since most of the first season is basically nothing before season 2 started adapting the Adventure games.

But the completionist in me makes me want to re-visit it all. Including the third season where Sonic goes into space and fights Darth Vader, or something along those lines.

Cornbread78

I exit upon winding down madness, I enter upon rising madness. Yup, sure feels like home.

Edit: Though it seems I missed a Cornbread powered nuclear threat. What was in the removed .gif? :p

It was a gif of Araragi kissing Shinobu. Factually, it's harmless. Contextually, it looked horrible and should not have been posted. Better judgment will be used in the future. My apologies, no harm meant.

javac

The Gunbuster soundtrack is so fucking good, fuck the OVA itself is so fucking good. It'll always be one of my all time favorites. Surprised hardly anyone in here posted in that soundtrack voting thread. I think I went overboard, but how on earth to do decide what goes above what? You can't make me decided between Giant Robo, Gunbuster and Only Yesterday! No matter what I did, it never felt right. Of course we all know Patlabor is number 1, but that's just a fact of life.

Cornbread78

Just be mindful of what you post. We are under a magnifying glass.

Understood. I definitely don't want to be "that guy"

Can I just mention how much crazy cosplay an fan art there are out there for her? Holy crap, I had no idea...

tumblr_inline_nfo63vAu7p1sz1af0.gif

This would have been a better one, Shinobu with the demon sword..

Triage X 08

I dunno I think it'd be awesome to fight a crazed naked woman with huge jugs even if she's trying to kill you. Its all about the journey and not the destination man. Course the final destination of the fight was enjoyable too, dat spittle.

cajunator

Banned
Understood. I definitely don't want to be "that guy"

Can I just mention how much crazy cosplay an fan art there are out there for her? Holy crap, I had no idea...

tumblr_inline_nfo63vAu7p1sz1af0.gif

This would have been a better one, Shinobu with the demon sword..

Shinobu is very very very popular for good and bad reasons.

Oh I'll be watching all of it all right. I'd like to do that, since most of the first season is basically nothing before season 2 started adapting the Adventure games.

But the completionist in me makes me want to re-visit it all. Including the third season where Sonic goes into space and fights Darth Vader, or something along those lines.
BUt that's preciusely why season 3 is so bad.
Enjoy it i guess !

Skip out on the baseball episode? This just feels wrong.

There are much better baseball episodes in other animes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That writing is already better than most of LN junk today because it has:

1) No girls fawning over a guy
2) No fanservice
3) No MMO/RPG references

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom