• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I usually have one legacy series going in between all of the seasonal stuff, just finished Urashiman and that was a series that didn't need to be 50 episodes. Watched a couple of episodes of Coyote Ragtime Showdown and I would recommend watching episode 1 and then chucking the damn series. Finally watched a few episodes of the Mezzo Forte anime and dear god did I hate it. Trying to decide what to watch next.

Cornbread78

Beyond the Boundry ep. 11-END:
OK, this one is done. It got kinda of crazy there for a bit and I'm not sure what thehell happened there at the end, literally at the20 min. mark, then again at the 23.5 min. mark as it was ending. I usullay love those types of ending but it didn't quite fit. Oh well.
I mean, WTF? They should have at least let them kiss or something at either moment.

Also, everyone and everything in this series is a lie from the beginning to the end. Like, not a You're Lie in April kinda lie, but a complete and total lie. (I see someone above me mentioned this as well) But the MC and yourself watching get's stuck in a total mindfu(k at times because the show is one big constant lie. At least our heroine comes clean at some point, but everyone else? They are still living the lie....

Its a crappy image, but this was probably the best part of the whole show and there's no spoilers, so it's good.

Other to prove her awesomeness.
tumblr_mugwrw9CHl1r012yho1_500.gif

tumblr_mv4ym4zrzS1s3dw0xo1_500.gif

Yeah, she's still a cutie and she can really work a sword...! Overall, the series was entertaining and fun to watch, it never delved too deep into despair (for the most part) there was a good mix of funny moments (Onee-Chan and the BL hentai stuff) to break up the tense moments and the plotline was written so you could not read it like a book and already know the outcome. I really don't mind a little craziness once in awhile. There was some romance in it, but it was not a focus of the story for most of the time, but did do it right when needed. Only thing I question would be the way the ending way handles as I mentioned above. I'll take it though, just because
We got to see Mirai again! Oh and those glasses! I also didn't realize one of the gifs I posted earlier was from the ending... uuggh
Oh and the MC was pretty solid in this one, btw.

Now in regards to my Anime volume, I've mentioned it before, but I hope to hell is slows down pretty soon. As it is now, I'd rather get a seperate online job to work and make money while I'm at work during the day. When clients aren't calling, that is not a good thing at all... Now thankfully, I'm secure until at least the end of the year, but dammit, I am literally bored out of my mind at times, which sucks. I'd rather be workign to make more money for my family during the day.

javac

Having 10 shows on the Watching list isn't uncommon as many people are watching shows that are currently airing, which being spread out weekly makes it easy to watch multiple shows at once.

True true, to be fair 10 is kind of a low ball, I see people with a lot more. 1 episode a week also sounds painful, I'll usually finish a 12 episode show in two days (6 a night) and a 30+ episode show in a week. The most I've watched in a day was Now and Then, Here and There which I did all in one go, and I was watching like 10 episode of GTO a day, good times, both full of emotions.

Link Man

Banned
Kanon 11

And now we're back to the dream motif.

Fmo2tYO.jpg

Yuichi is such a great troll.

Yippee, a school ball.

Piro's lore deepens. I bet he's behind everything.

And so Ayu moves into the house. Let's hope she fares better than the previous tenant.

SrPdmkV.jpg

Looks like the garden is in full bloom.

I wonder how well the jam would pair with Ayu's cooking.

So, is this arc going to focus on Mai, then?

Mandelbo

Sumomo Momomomomomomomomomo 01-03

Nice, dumb fun so far. I hope it remains silly - although the first line of the OP being "let's make babies" seems to suggest it will :p

Cornbread78

and yet, wont watch Gintama

well, to bair fair, I'm still looking for a broad range of experiences rather than settle on 1 for a long time. Gintama would take me months to catch up with where they are in the story.

Oh and I started watching back during the Vita Aniversary sale. I believe (not 100% sure) it was R_Thonas' fault when I was asking about the SAO HM game, I was told I had to watch the anime series forst to fully understand the game. And the gateway drug was then passed along..

Kanon 11
And now we're back to the dream motif.

Yippee, a school ball.

Piro's lore deepens. I bet he's behind everything.
And so Ayu moves into the house. Let's hope she fares better than the previous tenant.
Looks like the garden is in full bloom.
I wonder how well the jam would pair with Ayu's cooking.
So, is this arc going to focus on Mai, then?

It just doesn't stop; time just keeps going forward. I'm just going to keep listening to the music in my head for the show. it is so good. The unfortunate part is we can;t say much about it as you go through this journey because it would be soooo easy to put spoilers out there and screw you out of the experience. Be careful during image searches also. I'm surprised ep. 10 was spoiled for you from that.... Oh and Mai is awesome, awesome, awesome.

Oh and I started watching back during the Vita Aniversary sale. I believe (not 100% sure) it was R_Thonas' fault when I was asking about the SAO HM game, I was told I had to watch the anime series forst to fully understand the game. And the gateway drug was then passed along..
Yup I remember you asking in Parakeet's SAO thread. Speaking of which, have you seen the news that HF is getting remastered on the PS4 this summer (with decent subs) and Lost Song is also coming over this Fall?

Link Man

Banned
It just doesn't stop; time just keeps going forward. I'm just going to keep listening to the music in my head for the show. it is so good. The unfortunate part is we can;t say much about it as you go through this journey because it would be soooo easy to put spoilers out there and screw you out of the experience. Be careful during image searches also. I'm surprised ep. 10 was spoiled for you from that.... Oh and Mai is awesome, awesome, awesome.

I take my own screenshots, no need to worry about spoilers from image searches.

javac

Just kind of felt like I don't belong is all.

I think like that about myself a lot of the times, but truth be told its not true. The last thing people want is for anybody here to feel alienated or upset. You're a positive person and add a lot to the thread, and if anything this thread here should be for the people who feel like they don't belong in other communities to band together and share their passion for animation. I'm very dismissive about certain many things, but truth be told, this thread would be a hell of a lot lonelier if people kept away because they felt that they didn't fit. People with different tastes and takes on things make these threads more interesting and fun. Doesn't matter if you you write 2000 word essays on what you watched last night or just a few words, it all adds up. You fit in here with us bozos, don't think otherwise, and you can't escape us that easily. You're here for the long ride :p

faridmon

Ha I can understand that, the sense of urgency disappears. I have the Blu-rays for FMA: Brotherhood, Code Geass and Steins;Gate on my shelf among many others and I can't be bothered watching them right now too.

I'll be honest, I only got Geass because it was going out of print, but I think its not as rare these days but impossible to get with the slipcover brand new. I'm never going to watch it, especially after the things people post about it lol, but if something is going out of print, I jump on it like the fool that I am.

You should watch FMA: B. Its just amazing, epic adventure from start to finish [looks at my collection which sits there unopened]

There is a reason why Geass went out of print, because its shit!

Arcadius

Banned
I think like that about myself a lot of the times, but truth be told its not true. The last thing people want is for anybody here to feel alienated or upset. You're a positive person and add a lot to the thread, and if anything this thread here should be for the people who feel like they don't belong in other communities to band together and share their passion for animation. I'm very dismissive about certain many things, but truth be told, this thread would be a hell of a lot lonelier if people kept away because they felt that they didn't fit. People with different tastes and takes on things make these threads more interesting and fun. Doesn't matter if you you write 2000 word essays on what you watched last night or just a few words, it all adds up. You fit in here with us bozos, don't think otherwise, and you can't escape us that easily. You're here for the long ride :p

Sorry to taint the thread..... and this is really kind of you to say. No idea how much of what I wrote is even read I guess, so I just don't talk much, nor do I feel like I've added much, if anything to the thread. I'd rather not talk about this here.

If it matters, I didn't burn myself out with watching 30 anime shows in April or anything, I just felt so shackled to continue watching so I could have something to talk about with you fine folks.

javac

You should watch FMA: B. Its just amazing, epic adventure from start to finish [looks at my collection which sits there unopened]

There is a reason why Geass went out of print, because its shit!

FMA: Brotherhood does look stunning, hell even the OG FMA looks amazing, I'm just really in the mood to tap into my backlog of unrepresented, long overdue shows and OVA's that are whacky and dumb and silly. I see things like Steins;Gate and FMA as safe choices, I'll never forget to watch them on that one rainy day, but fuck if I don't watch things like DNA² or stupid random crap like 3x3 Eyes and Project A-Ko now, when will I?! And no, never is not an answer.

cajunator

Banned
Watching Love Live

what is my expectation?

have you seen idolmaster?
Well its like that only not as good.

So, I don't watch a lot of anime so I still haven't checked out some that are considered to be among the best.
I've been looking at screens of the upcoming Steins Gate game and I really dig the artstyle.
I hear it's very good?
There's a show and a movie besides the visual novel right?
Show only has 1 season as far as I can tell which works out well since I don't have a lot of time these days.
Worth watching?
Thanks.

Steins;Gate is a really really great series.
I have rewatched it several times to catch all the details and every little thing has a purpose in it. Kurisu is amazing, Part time warrior is amazing, Mayuri is amazingly cute, Feyris is amazing, Okarin is amazing...do you see where Im going with this?
Watch it. Its hugely enjoyable.

Beyod the Boundry ep. 8-10
OK, mindfuck time with this. WTF is going on right now, I'm so lost....
giphy.gif

Is she dead, is he dead, are they in another drem world like the last time, ugghh, obviously she is going to die in a sad way now, uugghh
It's hard to read what is going on right now because they are clearly just fu(king with the viewers with alternate realities. I need a quick cigarette, so I can finish this and watch Etotama; I had to beg on twitter for a Crunchy code this morning to watch it after all, lol.

BTW, she is a cutie Cajun...

The show is all over the place but yes, yes Mirai is a super cutie. That hair and those glasses and that personality she has. You want to hug the hell out of her.

Cornbread seems to watch a cour a day. He has probably watched more anime in the past month than I have in the last two years.

He's in that initial period where EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.
During that period I consumed so much anime it was ridiculous. I would go home from school and thats all I would do for hours.

javac

Sorry to taint the thread..... and this is really kind of you to say. No idea how much of what I wrote is even read I guess, so I just don't talk much, nor do I feel like I've added much, if anything to the thread. I'd rather not talk about this here.

If it matters, I didn't burn myself out with watching 30 anime shows in April or anything, I just felt so shackled to continue watching so I could have something to talk about with you fine folks.

Don't worry about the integrity of this thread, I long killed it haha As long as you are feeling okay that's good. Don't feel obliged to post here, a break is good and no we won't forget you in the interim, but don't be shy either. Watch things at your own pace, you're here to enjoy yourself after all :)

MY love STORY!! Episode 8 – My Friend

Friendship levels pretty high but not Seraph of the End high. Probably the best episode yet. Suna giggling is hilarious and smiling. I hope things work out for the best.

Watch what you wanna watch, say what you want to say. I'll just put this out there, but even if I don't reply to the person I read every single post on here. Also, a quick look at the views on this OT (19,007 replies, 908,546 views and counting) would show you that people that don't even talk come and visit, and read people's posts. Don't think you aren't heard, you might not even know it yourself, but your opinion on something might make someone want to check out a show.

Cornbread78

Yup I remember you asking in Parakeet's SAO thread. Speaking of which, have you seen the news that HF is getting remastered on the PS4 this summer (with decent subs) and Lost Song is also coming over this Fall?

Yeah, I have the "Last Song" thread bookmarked as I was waiting for an NA release date. Look at my question on the top of that thread, I called it, lol. Very happy, now I just need to find the money to buy the PS4 games and the time to play them, lol.

At your own pace man, at your on pace.... No worries
Oh, look at my tastes compared to everyone else's There are a few members that like the same stuff I dio, but everyone is going to be a little bit different; I'm probably the most eclectic person you'll ever meet, just because that is the way I'm wired and it helps me deal with people in my work environment as well. (I mean I deal with a diverse NY crowd daily and they are a pain in the #$% @#$%) I'm also like an alien around here if knew my personal demographics, lifestyle, and what I do for a living. I an truly an outcast, lol. I mean, everyone pretty much hates SAO and trashes it mercilessly, but it's all opinions, so I don't let it bother me. Just enjoy what you watch and share, even if everyone else hates it, at least you have an opportunity to discuss and share your thoughts openly. If any community is open and accepting of new members it's these guys in here. I mean, they are all just
mindless, perverted, loli lovers anyway,
right? Oh wait, that was the NFL thread last night, he he he. Just be here, share your thought about what you watch and enjoy the company (well, other than Zack that one time, lol) It's all good, I'm a lover not a fighter.( plus I've been married a bazillion years, so I don't bother fighting anymore, lol)

cajunator

Banned
Ha I can understand that, the sense of urgency disappears. I have the Blu-rays for FMA: Brotherhood, Code Geass and Steins;Gate on my shelf among many others and I can't be bothered watching them right now too.

I'll be honest, I only got Geass because it was going out of print, but I think its not as rare these days but impossible to get with the slipcover brand new. I'm never going to watch it, especially after the things people post about it lol, but if something is going out of print, I jump on it like the fool that I am.

I buy a lot of things as collector editions or otherwise going out of print. I dont want to lose that opportunity to get them. I watch the stuff later on with friends a lot.

I usually have one legacy series going in between all of the seasonal stuff, just finished Urashiman and that was a series that didn't need to be 50 episodes. Watched a couple of episodes of Coyote Ragtime Showdown and I would recommend watching episode 1 and then chucking the damn series. Finally watched a few episodes of the Mezzo Forte anime and dear god did I hate it. Trying to decide what to watch next.

Mezzo Forte or Mezzo: Danger Service agency? Cause those are VERY different.

True true, to be fair 10 is kind of a low ball, I see people with a lot more. 1 episode a week also sounds painful, I'll usually finish a 12 episode show in two days (6 a night) and a 30+ episode show in a week. The most I've watched in a day was Now and Then, Here and There which I did all in one go, and I was watching like 10 episode of GTO a day, good times, both full of emotions.

Sometimes a show is just so incredible one way or another I have to marathon it. Right through with few interruptions. NTHT was one of those. Chrno Crusade ended up being that once I got past the initial volume. Several other examples abound. Sometimes waiting episode to episode or even volume to volume is just agony.

Sumomo Momomomomomomomomomo 01-03

Nice, dumb fun so far. I hope it remains silly - although the first line of the OP being "let's make babies" seems to suggest it will :p

Yesssssssssss

She is insane. I mean legit insane.
Honestly I watched so long ago I cant remember al ot about it but Im glad someone is revisiting an old forgotten one from my anime club days.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

your only mistake was actually watching anime :^)

Midonin

Punchline 08

Now that we're in the wind-down part of the show, there isn't as much speculation to be done. We know what has to happen, it's just a matter of it happening. History's been changed, but hopefully in a more positive direction.

cajunator

Banned

aww dont say that!

Everybody is a part of this community and you all add up to make it what it is. You are part of it! *squeezes
also you dont have to watch anime all the time. Hell I dont watch it for weeks at a time when stuff is busy. This week I just caught up with Euphonium and Show By Rock and that was it.

Yeah, I have the "Last Song" thread bookmarked as I was waiting for an NA release date. Look at my question on the top of that thread, I called it, lol. Very happy, now I just need to find the money to buy the PS4 games and the time to play them, lol.

Oh, look at my tastes compared to everyone else's There are a few members that like the same stuff I dio, but everyone is going to be a little bit different; I'm probably the most eclectic person you'll ever meet, just because that is the way I'm wired and it helps me deal with people in my work environment as well. (I mean I deal with a diverse NY crowd daily and they are a pain in the #$% @#$%) I'm also like an alien around here if knew my personal demographics, lifestyle, and what I do for a living. I an truly an outcast, lol. I mean, everyone pretty much hates SAO and trashes it mercilessly, but it's all opinions, so I don't let it bother me. Just enjoy what you watch and share, even if everyone else hates it, at least you have an opportunity to discuss and share your thoughts openly. If any community is open and accepting of new members it's these guys in here. I mean, they are all just
right? Oh wait, that was the NFL thread last night, he he he. Just be here, share your thought about what you watch and enjoy the company (well, other than Zack that one time, lol) It's all good, I'm a lover not a fighter.( plus I've been married a bazillion years, so I don't bother fighting anymore, lol)

Im curious what your work is and what you consider an eclectic life and such.
Feel free to pm me about it. Im interested to know.
Myself Im a bit of an oddball and at work I like to stand on my desk and make dinosaur noises to entertain coworkers so we all have our quirks.
Hell they even follow me on twitter so they see everything I tweet.

Seraph of the End Episode 3 Eng Dub

Hearing her say Yay Illicit Sexual Relations in English was as hilarious as I imagined it to be, lol.

Assassination Classroom EPisode 14 EngDub

I can listen to Terasaka talk all day as well as hearing Karma-kuns lies. Terasaka sounded like he'd make a great business man someday.

RIN-NE Episode 8 – Welcome to Hell!

Best two episode, bring back Masato and Rinne for more and more and more.

javac

Don't encourage people to engage in reckless behaviour. They'll end up with square eyes and cases full of figurines!

*looks at shelf full of figures* It's true. I don't have square eyes, but having glasses, you could say I have four eyes! Surely I can watch double the anime, right?

Cornbread78

Im curious what your work is and what you consider an eclectic life and such.
Feel free to pm me about it. Im interested to know.
Myself Im a bit of an oddball and at work I like to stand on my desk and make dinosaur noises to entertain coworkers so we all have our quirks.
Hell they even follow me on twitter so they see everything I tweet.

I'll generalize here, but I work in a professional business office by day, and luckily my cube is in the far corner of the building where nobody bothers me most of the time, lol. My bosses work out of state, so they leave me alone as well however, I'm present and accounted for so that's the important part. I do a good job as well! Work is slow right now, so if it wasn't for my Kindle/Vita I would sit here for hours staring at my computer screen with random calls/emails from clients trickling in throughout the day; sad really. (Which is why I wish I could find one of the online jobs to do while I'm here) Besides that, I work retail at night (and chat with ya'll on my cell, lol) to help pay the bills; let's just say kids are expensive and supporting them and helping them suceed in youth sports is even moreso, lol. If any of you plan on having kids, be financially ready first and foremost, I started waay too young and I;m still playign catch-up many many years later, lol.

But those eyes are useful.
Wish they went more in depth about them in the show, we aren't really told much about how he came to learn all of these powers or anything, we just see him doing whatever every episode.

I'll generalize here, but I work in a professional business office by day, and luckily my cube is in the far corner of the building where nobody bothers me most of the time, lol. My bosses work out of state, so they leave me alone as well however, I'm present and accounted for so that's the important part. Work is slow right now, so if it wasn't for my Kindle/Vita I would sit here for hours staring at my computer screen with random calls/emails from clients trickling in throughout the day; sad really. (Which is why I wish I could find one of the online jobs to do while I'm here) Besides that, I work retail at night (and chat with ya'll on my cell, lol) to help pay the bills; let's just say kids are expensive and supporting them and helping them suceed in youth sports is even moreso, lol.
Mad respect for ya, holding two jobs to sustain a family and still being able to enjoy things on the side.

Arcadius

Banned
Don't worry about the integrity of this thread, I long killed it haha As long as you are feeling okay that's good. Don't feel obliged to post here, a break is good and no we won't forget you in the interim, but don't be shy either. Watch things at your own pace, you're here to enjoy yourself after all :)

Watch what you wanna watch, say what you want to say. I'll just put this out there, but even if I don't reply to the person I read every single post on here. Also, a quick look at the views on this OT (19,007 replies, 908,546 views and counting) would show you that people that don't even talk come and visit, and read people's posts. Don't think you aren't heard, you might not even know it yourself, but your opinion on something might make someone want to check out a show.

your only mistake was actually watching anime :^)

aww dont say that!

Everybody is a part of this community and you all add up to make it what it is. You are part of it! *squeezes
also you dont have to watch anime all the time. Hell I dont watch it for weeks at a time when stuff is busy. This week I just caught up with Euphonium and Show By Rock and that was it.

I uh... thanks for the kind words everyone, really. I don't know what to say, but you've made me very happy.

Watching anime is most definitely not a mistake =), it's been pretty great, as I've said long long ago.

Loli's, by the way, are pretty much the best.

Soul Eater 11

Well I'll be, both this and the last episode have made Black Star much more likeable than at the start of the show. Gotta give SE props for that, considering he was easily my least favourite character. Fight between Tsubaki and her Brother was pretty good too.

well, to bair fair, I'm still looking for a broad range of experiences rather than settle on 1 for a long time. Gintama would take me months to catch up with where they are in the story.

I'm the one responsible o_O ?

I ...regret ...nothing.

I didn't see the show yet but it is very well regarded. Should be a worthwhile pick.

have you seen idolmaster?
Well its like that only not as good.

Steins;Gate is a really really great series.
I have rewatched it several times to catch all the details and every little thing has a purpose in it. Kurisu is amazing, Part time warrior is amazing, Mayuri is amazingly cute, Feyris is amazing, Okarin is amazing...do you see where Im going with this?
Watch it. Its hugely enjoyable.

The show is all over the place but yes, yes Mirai is a super cutie. That hair and those glasses and that personality she has. You want to hug the hell out of her.

He's in that initial period where EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.
During that period I consumed so much anime it was ridiculous. I would go home from school and thats all I would do for hours.

Thanks, I'll check it out. If I like it I'll grab the VN on Vita.

Cornbread78

I'm the one responsible o_O ?
I ...regret ...nothing.

And how will you take responsibility?
(I'm pretty sure it was you, but I'm not 100%, I can no longer find the thread, but I remember chattign with you on the gaming side in jrpg threads a few times, so...)
But yeah, a whole new world has been discovered..

Loli's, by the way, are pretty much the best.

The ultimate deception:
Who knew how old she REALLY is, lol…

Mad respect for ya, holding two jobs to sustain a family and still being able to enjoy things on the side.

I'm really involved in some of their sports as well, but it is what it is. As I added later, for the young ones thinking about starting families here. Just make sure you are financially ready, outside of being there for your kids and being a good parent; be financially ready because they really need that suport as well. That doesn;t mean you have to make 6 figures, just be financially reponsible enough to handle what comes your way....

Mandelbo

Yesssssssssss

She is insane. I mean legit insane.
Honestly I watched so long ago I cant remember al ot about it but Im glad someone is revisiting an old forgotten one from my anime club days.

I'm glad you posted the OP here a few days back or else I wouldn't have even known it existed!

cajunator

Banned
I'll generalize here, but I work in a professional business office by day, and luckily my cube is in the far corner of the building where nobody bothers me most of the time, lol. My bosses work out of state, so they leave me alone as well however, I'm present and accounted for so that's the important part. I do a good job as well! Work is slow right now, so if it wasn't for my Kindle/Vita I would sit here for hours staring at my computer screen with random calls/emails from clients trickling in throughout the day; sad really. (Which is why I wish I could find one of the online jobs to do while I'm here) Besides that, I work retail at night (and chat with ya'll on my cell, lol) to help pay the bills; let's just say kids are expensive and supporting them and helping them suceed in youth sports is even moreso, lol. If any of you plan on having kids, be financially ready first and foremost, I started waay too young and I;m still playign catch-up many many years later, lol.

Thats pretty cool. I admire your work ethic and dedication as a father!
Not so much your favorite anime series lol. Well and definitely not your sports team.

But that aside you are a great person and I enjoy talking anime with you and Im glad you are an active part of the community!

Anime serves a similar purpose to me. Its a hobby that takes my free time and relieves the stresses of working. My job is a lot busier on a consistent basis it seems, so I cant watch anime during work, but I can still find time to chat with you guys on occasion. My coworkers are pretty open to nerdy things and anime isnt frowned upon but more of a curiosity to them. Its a good environment.

Arcadius' post on Fushigiboshi no☆Futagohime has made me want to watch that at some point. So they got one person at least!

cajunator

Banned
I'm glad you posted the OP here a few days back or else I wouldn't have even known it existed!

No problem! thats what Im here for!

Arcadius' post on Fushigiboshi no☆Futagohime has made me want to watch that at some point. So they got one person at least!

I posted about it several times in the past but the thread moved so ridiculously fast it may have gotten missed. Im glad you were finally aware of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom