• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Terra Formars Revenge - 01
Worst offender being not even a single bit of trivia regarding Earth lifeforms.

0/10

Truly, a most glaring omission.

Ace Attorney 01

Now, I admittedly don't have a clue how trials work but don't you have to disclose your evidence before the trial begins ? Doesn't defense get to meet and talk about the case with the person they're defending ? It didn't seem to me like either was the case here. Maybe the rules are different for lawyers that display psychokinetic powers in the court.

I actually liked the meat of the case somewhat and the resolution to it but everything else was bad and I don't think the humor translated well into anime. Some of the dialogue was painful. So were the bizarre breakdowns of the witness.

Ace Attorney 1

Pretty standard first episode. The 1st case was the most boring in AA1 and they didn't even keep the throwing hair gag in the anime. Let's see how it does going forward.

Ace Attorney 01

Now, I admittedly don't have a clue how trials work but don't you have to disclose your evidence before the trial begins ? Doesn't defense get to meet and talk about the case with the person they're defending ? It didn't seem to me like either was the case here. Maybe the rules are different for lawyers that display psychokinetic powers in the court.

I actually liked the meat of the case somewhat and the resolution to it but everything else was bad and I don't think the humor translated well into anime. Some of the dialogue was painful. So were the bizarre breakdowns of the witness.

I take it you've never played Ace Attorney before? Serious question.

Narag

Ace Attorney 1

Perfunctory effort but the first case sucked anyhow so there wasn't much to work with. The real test will be the longer cases that have buildup outside of the courtroom and payoff in it. Other prosecutors give someone for Naruhodo to play off which is disctinctly lacking in this first case.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Luluco:

Good replacement for Galko

Ace Attorney 01

This is literally one of the high points of the series.

The breakdowns of the witnesses are the best part and perhaps the most rewarding things about the games.

If you haven't played the games before seeing the anime, I highly recommend doing so.

Ace Attorney 01

Ace Attorney doesn't care about real-life courtroom procedure. But if you're interested in it at all, quit the anime and go pick up the games.

Sölf

Ace Attorney 01

Yeah, as others have said, Ace Attorney doesn't care about real life. I mean, the fact alone that trials only have a maximum duration of 3 days says it all.

phaze

Ace Attorney doesn't care about real-life courtroom procedure. But if you're interested in it at all, quit the anime and go pick up the games.
I barely play games these days and I'm certainly not going to buy console to play one game I'm mildly curious about. So it's sink or anime for me,
I take it you've never played Ace Attorney before? Serious question.

I didn't, I only know about the franchise through general osmosis on GAF. I specifically picked this show to see what the fuss is about,

-Minsc-

We should start a "To Be Fair" club.

To Be Fair this has only been the first episode.

I rewatched the court case and found I enjoyed it more the second time around.

Unlike most anime, I'm somewhat interested in seeing what they can do with the english dub for this. Some cheesy and overly dramatic, but not annoying, acting would easily work in this shows favour.

Line_HTX

Luluco:

Good replacement for Galko

More Galko can replace Galko.

:p

Terra Formars Revenge - 01

Too much screaming. Looks bad. Mostly punches with no use of combat techniques related to their 'spirit animals'.
Worst offender being not even a single bit of trivia regarding Earth lifeforms.

0/10

The prolonged Power Yell was taking too long and felt like a serious asspull. And I'm not sure if there was any need for trivia this time, since it needs to be someone new for trivia to be shown.

Ace Attorney 1

It wasn't really great, but decent. Maybe my expectations were just pretty low to begin with. I do hope the music for my favorite theme next trial isn't as lackluster as the music in this episode was.

Man, this reminds me I need to go rewatch the live-action movie after this finishes.

Ace Attorney 1
You'd be better off watching a Let's Play of the game as little to no effort was made to actually adapt this into a different medium.

At this point, I'm watching the Ace Attorney anime for the voice acting, the varying facial expressions, and to see how it handles the climaxes of my favourite cases.

The voice acting though is the key thing for me here, as the original trilogy had absolutely none of it so I'm definitely sticking around to hear the performances to come for some of the more wacky characters and the important moments of the series.

I didn't, I only know about the franchise through general osmosis on GAF. I specifically picked this show to see what the fuss is about,

In that case I'd recommend dropping the series and just go play the games. If you have a 3DS, you can buy the Ace Attorney trilogy on eShop.

So was Kiznaiver's first ep decent? And I mean it in a "I'm very jaded against Trigger for not focusing on LWA" kind of way, not a "I like everything they make" way.

Exalted

Asterisk 13

And it's back, Animegafs favorite LN battle harem . And the show wasted no time, throwing us directly back into the fire, hehe :p , and continuing the tournament.

lbju75b.jpg

5gWN9mI.jpg

uEKtE2b.jpg

moNFF7K.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a new thread to ask for CR guest passes? I found this but for some reason it was locked. I just wanna check out JoJo. :(

Ace Attorney 01

I'm glad that they included an option for the English names, since that seemed to be bothering a lot of people. I could've let it slide but its better with the Eng names. But they aren't even trying to say its not set in Japan, lol

But the actual show? Quite possibly the blandest and most sterile adaptation of all time. Capcom put more effort into Street Fighter V's launch. No endeavor was given to make this even remotely interesting to someone who has not played the games since its just a slapdash cut of the first case, and even if you have played the games it isn't interesting then either.

Will I watch the second episode? Yes, just to see if they are getting the rather bland first case out of the way for the better.

Cornbread78

Was Mayoiga done by the dude who did Another? Cause I'll be honest, I actually liked Another a lot so that's a plus in my book.

Gonna watch new Asterisk but now that Rakugo S1 is done Imma marathon it later this weekend or...maybe over the course of the week. We'll see how I want to digest it.

Yes. He did Another, Blood-C and Shirobako.

Today (well, 1am tomorrow in Japan) according to the official website.

Damn, I wonder what time that is on Crunchyroll for EST.

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 12+13
Finally backstory. Stuff slowly starts to make sense. I like. Animation in 13 was again pretty bad. I dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom