• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: 3-day "interactive experience" stream on Twitch (Western studio) [LIVE]

KillySG10

Neo Member
That short folk music bit sounded somewhat like a folk Deus Ex theme, though i could be very much wrong on that, it was a very short clip...

Boss Mog

Do people like this kind of "elaborate" drawn-out reveal? Personally I wish they'd just come out and tell us and maybe give us a trailer. This just seems like a giant waste of money and time.

Bousf

There is a list of all the voting times under the video.
Why doing so much build up? Announcement better be good!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
For those who don't remember (or aren't nerd fuckwits like me with Deus Ex canon):

Janus is a mysterious hacker, a member, and possibly the leader, of a cyber-terrorist group known as Juggernaut Collective, and is clearly opposing Illuminati in his actions, as evident from his involvement in Deus Ex: Icarus Effect, where he and his group aid Ben Saxon and Anna Kelso in combating the Tyrants, a group of black ops mercenaries working for the Illuminati.

He also makes an appearance in The Missing Link, where he contacts Garvin Quinn in the ending cutscene, who suggests recruiting Adam Jensen in their invisible war against the Illuminati. Janus dismisses the idea, stating that Jensen is too obsessed with finding Megan Reed at that point in time. However, Janus also states "(Adam) will find the truth in due time" and that they would find Adam if Quinn followed Janus' instructions exactly as specified.
Janus is probably Russian because they use Russian slang words such as "govnuk" (asshole), "detka" (baby), "bratan" (bro), "chuvak" (dude), and "obaldet'" (amaze).
In addition, according to the introduction of Deus Ex: The Fall, Janus is based in Moscow.

Boss★Moogle;159053182 said:
Do people like this kind of "elaborate" drawn-out reveal? Personally I wish they'd just come out and tell us and maybe give us a trailer. This just seems like a giant waste of money and time.

Not really a waste of money though, we're just seeing a picture and a countdown. If this keeps up throughout the entire 3 days, then they probably have a few minutes of recorded footage at best...

Anyway, back in 5 hours I guess.

Ray Down

Banned
5 hours? ok, later stream.

5 hours away?! Welp, this was fun guys.

Next vote: 4:51:20

WHAT

Shit 5 hours? They've got to be kidding

why would you make this three days long

this is the worst idea ever...

PLEASE-BE-EXCITED-MEME-03172015.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
For those who don't remember (or aren't nerd fuckwits like me with Deus Ex canon):

Not to mention the #cantkillprogress might tie in with the evolution aspect of DX, especially considering the events at the end of DXHR.

Well gg, now I got my hopes up. This better be a DX reveal.

dex3108

Who the hell thought that watching dude on the floor would be entertaining? WTF Square. Just release damn trailer/announcement/teaser.

• 6F707072657373696F6E00
  • link2006 ( possibly encryption key )
  • zw1icmfjzq

Those are all we have in terms of weird information so far. As the poster a few above me found out, the first one is hex for OPPRESSION.

Nzyme32

5 hours? ok, later stream.

5 hours away?! Welp, this was fun guys.

Next vote: 4:51:20

WHAT

Shit 5 hours? They've got to be kidding

why would you make this three days long

this is the worst idea ever...

This is how ARGs work. You don't blow your load in one go. They will keep expanding upon it and providing clues as they go to keep it interesting. They will likely keep droping clues throughout for those who want to pay close attention between "votes"

This is how ARGs work. You don't blow your load in one go. They will keep expanding upon it and providing clues as they go to keep it interesting

It just seems weird to have a three day continuous stream with previously announced times for votes and otherwise nothing happening.

DSix

Banned
Square enix please be excited to the max I see... I expected nothing and yet it's even worse. I'm out of here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Janus was a major figure in The Missing Link and The Fall, implying he/she/it would play a significant role in the future of the Deus Ex series. Almost all Juggernaut Collective contacts through Janus and possibly Janus itself are
bad fake accent
Russian.

The fact I remember this is embarrassing.

Top Bottom