• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: 3-day "interactive experience" stream on Twitch (Western studio) [LIVE]

pjZmFdI.png

?

Can't Kill Progress definitely sounds like Deus Ex to me. Human augmentation and all that, plus the groups trying to stop them.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I'm not about to waste three days of my limited time watching a interactive art stream of a man being tortured.

This would've worked much better without the timetable and all the previous announcements. Just start the stream, plant a few seeds on social media and let it grow virally.

Nzyme32

It kinda feels like Portal 2 ARG.

Minus the full blown interaction of both multiple games with significant Portal ARG content, and real life places to find even more clues and decipher them to unlock the next stage. So far this has been pretty pre-baked and just involving a few social media hints

Hollow

I guess I'll just check this thread every so often to see what's going on.

Ain't got time to watch Mr. Naptime for the next 4 hours.

Nzyme32

So for those concerned that nothing will happen inbetween votes, the onscreen link caption that directs to instagram already changed to something "cyberx" and some numbers, I but missed it fully

What were the vote options? I missed

Just playing the role of the guy who was being interrogated - "What music do you like" - Choices were "classical" or "folk". Steam voted "folk", and folk music played, then he was unconscious.

GavinUK86

If this is Deus Ex then brilliant. Really excited.

This reveal is just dumb though.

Just wake me up when they actually reveal something.

OBias

Minus the full blown interaction of both multiple games with significant Portal ARG content, and real life places to find even more clues and decipher them to unlock the next stage.
Maybe we will get there later. Portal 2 ARG was cranking up gradually.

Armadilo

Banned
this is really dumb and what a waste of money on something that would only take an article to announce a game, whats with Publishers/Devs making the people do the work for no actual gain ? the Silent Hills PT demo was actually something because it was just demo that you could play and that was all, nobody told people that it was a Silent Hills teaser game, it was just a demo. But today and that twitch square Enix thing that will reveal the game in 3 days uhhh... just lame. Even the recent Halo 5 thing that was hyped for nothing only to redirect you to a halo tumblr with sound files. The thing is that it's boring and just PR taking notes from what everyone has done since ever and it's been their done that and sad that PT did something different and we are still getting the same results as before.

Game Informer cover should be coming soon, considering its been a month since the Mad Max cover. Maybe this "thing" will lead to the cover.

dex3108

Yeah, the hours thing is ridiculous. Could've done it all in 2 hours and made the "choices" every 10 minutes.

They recorded max 2 hours of video material then they cuted it and put on loop segments. This part with guy on the floor is nothing more than 20 sec video put on loop.

Nzyme32

Yeah, the hours thing is ridiculous. Could've done it all in 2 hours and made the "choices" every 10 minutes.

What kind of marketing is that. They want to basically cause some intrigue. I'd also aruge that they won't do nothing till the next vote. The first vote didn't do that, and neither is this one. This one as changed the dialogue where the instagram link pops up, changed camera angles, the guy is now awake, and noise can now be heard

They will keep escalating it and getting attention for it, because that is the point afterall. Doesn't matter if people are frustrated.

Also, putting my bet on Deus Ex since it could fit in with the missing link stuff as EatChildren has described well

Top Bottom