• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: 3-day "interactive experience" stream on Twitch (Western studio) [LIVE]

Nzyme32

Lk2tjFM.png

Yes! Voltaire - Epître sur Les Trois Imposteurs (The Three Impostors)! Quoted at the end of Deus Ex 1 upon merging with the AI IIRC

Sequel to DX / DX 2?

So that cyberragex tweeted a bit ago this, and in deus ex 1 that line of code was used in a message from daedalus:
If the twitter is real this is quite an interesting connection and means it's closer to DX1's era than HR.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You know Eidos Montreal are good people when they have a superb writing team that was probably involved with this ARG to ensure those little easter eggs from DE1 and HR are crept into this.

I need to see more Bob Page/Simmons with this upcoming chapter <3

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the actual announcement trailer is as good as that cinematic one they did for Human Revolution.

From what I heard a while back they've been holding onto an already made trailer (probably the same as the reveal) for some time now.

fork_bomb

Banned
The coordinates on that twitter page point to a a town in Washington named Everett.
To any DX1 fans out there, does Morgan Everett ring any bells?
happening.jpg

Nzyme32

I wonder if we'll see Mr JC Denton, in da fresh.

I think it was a mistake to be able to meet him in DX2, much as I disagree with amalgamating all endings together. It ruins a lot of the connection you had to what you accomplished in the first game. I know there is probably no real way of syncing the endings into a new game when they were so different in ideology, but it was still annoying to meet your old character (who may not be the same colour you chose anyway) and shares different identity to what you had given him.

Hope there is some sense of progression from here on if you are Jenson again. Perhaps by carrying saves over

Bousf

Twitter account just posted two codes: 2384 and 6426, I did some research (didn't play the game but I enjoy this detective stuff) and the codes are in an email you read in some Alex's computer in Deus Ex, the references keep coming.

Nzyme32

The coordinates on that twitter page point to a a town in Washington named Everett.
To any DX1 fans out there, does Morgan Everett ring any bells?
happening.jpg

YES! Illuminati confirmed!

Rusty on but isn't Bob Page brought into the illuminati via Everet?

fork_bomb

Banned
Also, this tweet is from an email in DX1 to Everett.
So fucking excited right now, I genuinely hope that this isn't some dumbass mobile game

Edit: BEATEN!

OBias

The twitter's "hints" are too transparent, I don't think it's really a part of the ARG. It's probably some impostor screwing around.

MageBoySA

As much as everyone bitches about remasters, a Deus Ex remaster would be awesome, since the game is actually old enough to warrart it. (as long as it's done right)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
YES! Illuminati confirmed!

Rusty on but isn't Bob Page brought into the illuminati via Everet?

Yes that is correct before Page ousted him and formed MJ12.

Anybody have sale numbers for DX HR? I'm afraid that it didn't meet SE's typically insane sales targets.

It exceeded expectations and made profit for Square and the game has sold over Two million alone on just Steam alone and did well on consoles.

Bousf

Twitter account posted another rather obvious hint, this may be intentionally misleading folks to then throw out something totally different.

Still, I'm betting on a PS4 remaster of the first Deus Ex and the confirmation of a new one coming :)

Top Bottom