• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

LOL

From that link...

I hope they manage to add some internal bays too then for those of us who want to kick back in our civilian outfit. I guess I'm going to have to switch my clothes before docking at space stations otherwise. Or maybe we can make the mad dash to the door without oxygen?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Monthly report is up: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15325-Monthly-Studio-Report

Shopping.jpg

Check out that cloth and leather!

Geist-

S42, but it'll be an alpha release of the first four missions or something janky like that.

No way would they do an Alpha release of SQ42. Everything I've heard from CR tells me he's not going to risk diluting the campaign experience by releasing any story elements for community testing.

As far as SQ42 releasing, it's hard to tell. The flight mechanics still feel a bit wonky, and the FPS isn't completely implemented, but they could be much farther along in every other area of the campaign then we realize. They're super tight lipped about everything concerning the campaign.

Zabojnik

No way would they do an Alpha release of SQ42. Everything I've heard from CR tells me he's not going to risk diluting the campaign experience by releasing any story elements for community testing.

As far as SQ42 releasing, it's hard to tell. The flight mechanics still feel a bit wonky, and the FPS isn't completely implemented, but they could be much farther along in every other area of the campaign then we realize. They're super tight lipped about everything concerning the campaign.
I don't think he was being completely serious. :p

My 'initial' prediction for S42's release was summer 2017. I've since adjusted it to november 2017.

Jinkies

My 'initial' prediction for S42's release was summer 2017. I've since adjusted it to november 2017.

Even that feels optimistic to me, going by (1) PTU monthly release progress, and (2) that they just finished up performance capture and level design.

It will probably take 2 years to turn that into a solid, 20-hour experience.

Zabojnik

How can you readjust when we know next to nothing about the current state of it?

Just my sensation, of course, based on various S42 news snippets and the general state of things & as percieved by following everything CIG puts out there.

At the very least I'd be willing to bet Daedardus' account that we're not getting it in 2016.

Zalusithix

Just my sensation, of course, based on various S42 news snippets and the general state of things & as percieved by following everything CIG puts out there.

At the very least I'd be willing to bet Daedardus' account that we're not getting it in 2016.

Well, given CIG's historical (in)ability to hit their target dates, betting that we're not getting it in 2016 is probably safe. So it really just boils down to how much they'll miss their target.

Or hell could freeze over and they release it complete and on time to stellar reviews about how polished everything is.

Zexen

Is there a problem with Nvidia 365.10 drivers? Since I updated mines, my game crash in Crusader after I called for a ship. Two Hornet appears on the ship selection screen too, but from what I know, I just have one in my hangar/account.

Could the crashs be related to this? I mean, yeah they're probably related, but to list off the drivers, I'm asking. Anyone knows why that duplicate ship problem happen?

chifanpoe

Is there a problem with Nvidia 365.10 drivers? Since I updated mines, my game crash in Crusader after I called for a ship. Two Hornet appears on the ship selection screen too, but from what I know, I just have one in my hangar/account.

Could the crashs be related to this? I mean, yeah they're probably related, but to list off the drivers, I'm asking. Anyone knows why that duplicate ship problem happen?

I would check here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha

Many of the ORG guys here have Nvidia cards, I am not much help as I currently run R9 290x's in my game box.

Try deleting your user folder in the public folder!

Zalusithix

Forgot to post this yesterday:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6647203/#Comment_6647203

Drake Buccaneer at $110 (Pirate themed interceptor), next concept ship. No date yet but I would guess near the end of the month.

Spreadsheet updated in advance to handle the sale.

Also corrected a bug in the "ship owners by model" sheet where the formula drag auto incremented a cell range reference that was supposed to be static. Not sure how that managed to evade my notice for so long, but now it should be accurately attributing all of the owners of a given ship.

chifanpoe

with the PTU light coming in for 2.4 at what point will we actually earn ships bought with in game currency?

I am sure much like AC is setup now you will be able to rent them in Alpha once persistence is more fleshed out. Once the game goes live is when you will be able to earn them in the PU to keep.

Zabojnik

They made linear game with full studio, full lore and tons of tech already in place in 4+ years, so i dont think so.

Well, there was also this little thing called The Last of Us in between. But yeah, the majority of their time was spent on world creation for sure. And what a world it is! Hopefully, when all the core tech is finally in place, CIG will be able to deliver content at a steady pace.

Well, there was also this little thing called The Last of Us in between. But yeah, the majority of their time was spent on world creation for sure. And what a world it is! Hopefully, when all the core tech is finally in place, CIG will be able to deliver content at a steady pace.

Last of us was released in June 2013. So you can put the number to 3 but it doesn't change the fact that if they were planning on doing something this ambitious they would either need more time, or more people. And I think the current team are geniuses.

KKRT00

They have two teams and they overlap resources when they finish or are finishing one title.
TLOU was in production for 5 years for example.

Zexen

I would check here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha

Many of the ORG guys here have Nvidia cards, I am not much help as I currently run R9 290x's in my game box.
I just found one guy with a similar problem, 1 month old, yet is problem occurs in its hangar, mine is just in crusader.

Try deleting your user folder in the public folder!
I should have thought about that earlier, but yeah, the crashes stopped. Don't get why as the day before theses said crashes, I played without a problem, neither be it duplicate ship nor game crash, and I have just changed the drivers during that time lap, nothing else.

Anyway, crashes stopped, but the duplication still remains.

phoenixyz

Throwing in a mention for Space Pirates and Zombies 2. It's starting early access tomorrow.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219974

The first one was a 2D top-down space shooter with some fun loot game mechanics and a pretty solid sandbox campaign mode. The new one's in 3D (still on a flat plane like Rebel Galaxy) and looks surprisingly good.

Also, Rogue System (the hardcore "Star Citizen meets Orbiter" sim) made it to Steam Early Access. It's still in a super early state, but imho shows a lot of promise. Especially considering it's made by a single person.

chifanpoe

Mmm, give me more of the Caterpillar

I've liked that ship since the first look we got at it (y'know, years ago)

I think you might be in luck. I believe they should have a new ship shape out this week, Caterpillar 2.0, with a look at working Cargo and Tractor Beams. (or that is what Lando said he finished shooting last week)

Top Bottom