• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Wii U at E3 by Retro? [Rumour]

I'd just be happy with Nintendo announcing Star Fox 2 for Virtual Console.

Regardless who makes a new Star Fox game, I think it will return to it's roots and be successful.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
some little part of me will be disappointed if they're not doing metroid. i've been playing PRIME again, and it's bringing about excessive longing.

Boerseun

Banned
I think it could work really well like this:

- Flight levels: some on-rails, some in open mode with various objectives like Rogue Leader.

http://fotos.subefotos.com/25bae5c779fb850f0084ca6c1521fb80o.jpg

- On foot levels: first person view reusing wiimote + nunchuk controls of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

http://unigame.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/metroid-prime-3.jpg

Instabuy for me, anyway.

Honestly, I've always had this idea in my head for a Star Fox game that had:

- On rails land/air/space levels some of which having different routes and whatnot like we have now

- Air/Space dog fight levels generally involving objectives mixed with tons of enemies. Would be a lot bigger than the ones in 64 with different objectives to complete at once. You could even throw in a hint of Battlefront into the mix and have dog fights and third person on foot sections at the same time, seamlessly switching between the two. But I'm thinking that would be *too* different for Star Fox.

- On foot third person levels involving mission objectives, enemies, some elements of stealth and the use of cover. Ideal for co-op sections with different characters completing different objectives etc. One level that always sticks out in my head is Fox and Falco on an enemy base on Fichina to either locate a weapon or data or whatever, with Falco running off to disable surveillance and Fox (the player) going in to locate the objective and take out or sneak by enemies. Would be much more exciting than say flying your Arwing into the base to disable a bomb in a scripted cutscene like in 64.

- Local and online multiplayer. Standard battle modes that we have now but also co-op for main campaign. Or if not for the main campaign, then a separate one for multiplayer.

Ambitious

I'm dithering. I'd love to play a SF by Retro, but thinking about Metroid Prime 4 in glorious HD and the WiiU controller for scanning etc. ... wow. But I'd also like to see something completely new from Retro.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Honestly, I've always had this idea in my head for a Star Fox game that had:

- On rails land/air/space levels some of which having different routes and whatnot like we have now

- Air/Space dog fight levels generally involving objectives mixed with tons of enemies. Would be a lot bigger than the ones in 64 with different objectives to complete at once. You could even throw in a hint of Battlefront into the mix and have dog fights and third person on foot sections at the same time, seamlessly switching between the two. But I'm thinking that would be *too* different for Star Fox.

- On foot third person levels involving mission objectives, enemies, some elements of stealth and the use of cover. Ideal for co-op sections with different characters completing different objectives etc. One level that always sticks out in my head is Fox and Falco on an enemy base on Fichina to either locate a weapon or data or whatever, with Falco running off to disable surveillance and Fox (the player) going in to locate the objective and take out or sneak by enemies. Would be much more exciting than say flying your Arwing into the base to disable a bomb in a scripted cutscene like in 64.

- Local and online multiplayer. Standard battle modes that we have now but also co-op for main campaign. Or if not for the main campaign, then a separate one for multiplayer.
I've always liked the concept of Star Fox Adventures, if it only the gameplay was more fitting to the series... and not as boring.

My idea for online co-op would allow a teammate to enter or drop out of stage at will even completing objectives on different planets. Think Return of the Jedi, where I stuck in a dog fight and can't attack a base until my teammates destroy the shield generator in another level. It would need to keep some real-time elements between stages to force players go back and forth.

Let Retro Studios developed a new FPA. Metroid Prime quality but something with a new character and storyline. Multiplayer on top of that for sales.

Let EAD Tokyo do Star Fox with an epic soundtrack.

THE END.
You've been all over these Retro threads lately. You're almost starting to sound like Anihawk. Are you just venting or are you hinting?

Seik

Banned
Can't wait for the thread title to turn into this:

Star Fox Wii U at E3 by Retro? [Rumour] (UPDATE: Confirmed)

WHEN?

I have hope this will happen one day, just played some good old Star Fox 64 yesterday and it felt great. I'd love an HD Star Fox on Wii U with the same style.

Plus if it would be made by Retro, I can't believe it would fail.

You know, if Retro is behind this then I have complete faith that it'll be amazing. But I also secretly hope they're simultaneously working on a new Metroid for 2013.

Explain yourself!
It was mostly a joke in the ign article title vein.

But I do want an epic, high quality, open world space trader type game where you can go full violence or dialogue or anything. Basically skyrim in space. This wouldn't fit with starfox, nor is it something I'd expect from nintendo or retro.

I do want them to go back to goofy puppets and play it straight thunderbirds style. That would be cash.

I still think the F-Zero universe is ripe for some kind of adventure treatment. F-Zero GX really opened my eyes to the rich cast of characters and locales. Time for Nintendo to get on that.

I still think the F-Zero universe is ripe for some kind of adventure treatment. F-Zero GX really opened my eyes to the rich cast of characters and locales. Time for Nintendo to get on that.

Yeah, F-Zero is hilariously goofy in a Silver Age way and they need to make use of that. I say the next F-Zero game should be a two-game affair- GX+, and a Captain Falcon action game.

Top Bottom