• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars X reportedly called 'A New Beginning'

scissor timbers GIF

Production List is bullshit.

Inside the Magic is a culture war clickbait site that makes up bullshit.

It’s not Episode X. They’re only doing standalone movies now.
He isn't wrong btw. I kept getting Inside the Magic articles flagged to me for weeks over Jenna Ortega "leaving" Wednesday. They just make up pure bullshit.

Movie will still be trash though.

VulcanRaven

It does feel odd to return to the sequel trilogy this soon but it might be the most likely movie to succeed at the box office. The last two were controversial but they made money unlike the Han Solo movie. The Mandalorian movie feels a bit risky too.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
poe dameron marvel GIF

"Somehow......Luke has returned.....as Lucinda" (Which would make sense since once he ran his mouth about Luke's awful portrayal in TLJ, Kathleen Kennedy and Disney chopped his nuts off)

"He's more Biden Simp now than man.....twisted and evil"

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently filming begins in September in London.

The film will be directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, who also directed episodes 4 and 5 of ‘Ms. Marvel’. Daisy Ridley is set to reprise her role as Rey.

Fried Rice Reaction GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

*Nightwing

Would only watch if it’s a New Sensations production of a Star Wars lesbian adventure starring Daisy Ridley, if not will be a clear miss to be avoided

Star Wars Episode X: The X is Lesbians Scissoring

Last edited:

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Nothing Disney has made is canon to me. It's only fanfiction which makes it easier to bear what they've done to the franchise.
this is the only way out in my head.....20-30 years down the road someone will take over disney and say....yeah...ST and everything after except for XYZ are non canon, heres a new eps 7/8/9

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

Yeah, seems like they are just apeing the MCU formula of "get hip new director who works cheap and will do EVERYTHING we say to do the 'talkie bits'" and the action set pieces will be laid out already.

Basically the definition of souless lack of vision.

I want Jon Faverau back, in his "Swingers", "Iron Man" mode with a bit of naughty frat boy attitude. Bring sexy back to Star Wars.

Reactions: Gp1

Ecotic

I was watching the Star Wars marathons this weekend on TBS and TNT while I was giving my house a deep-clean. I made it a mental exercise to try and imagine how the series could be fixed going forward. Episode 9 ended with no interesting characters left alive, no interesting setting to explore, and it ended so badly much of the audience can't be relied on to come back except for some die-hards who enjoy the tv shows.

The best I could think of was basically a soft reboot set a couple hundred years into the future that lets them start completely fresh without undoing any continuity. It needs more than just new and more interesting characters, it needs new settings and a new visual design. That look of the sequel trilogy that brought back how the original trilogy looked but with modern CGI techniques was interesting for a few films, but now looks flat and uninteresting.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I know the star wars franchise is going forward with Rey, we’ll have those sequels, another mandalorian, and I believe others.

Porcile

Will they actually try to tell a cohesive and planned story across three films or will it be another throw shit and hope something sticks soft reboot attempt?

SJRB

Gold Member
The abusive, toxic relationship fans have with this franchise is something to behold.

“No no this time it’ll be different! It’s even called a new beginning!” How many times must Disney give you a black eye before you realise they don’t love you and never will?

Just let go, man. It’s okay to stop consuming.

Doom85

Will they actually try to tell a cohesive and planned story across three films

Cohesive is another thing, but Lucas never planned out the OT. There are reports of a ton of major ideas that changed over time, including making it a trilogy to begin with as it was originally going to keep going continuously past what ROTJ ended up being, and Lucas himself admitted in 2010 to making it up as they went along.

Maybe he planned out the PT, but if he did, he did a shit job about it given how useless Episode 1 is (so telling that the 2-hour Machete Cut only bothers to include the final five minutes of Ep 1).

Cohesive is another thing, but Lucas never planned out the OT. There are reports of a ton of major ideas that changed over time, including making it a trilogy to begin with as it was originally going to keep going continuously past what ROTJ ended up being, and Lucas himself admitted in 2010 to making it up as they went along.

Maybe he planned out the PT, but if he did, he did a shit job about it given how useless Episode 1 is (so telling that the 2-hour Machete Cut only bothers to include the final five minutes of Ep 1).

Love Episode 1 and the Prequel Trilogy

Much better than The Sequel Trilogy

Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Doom85

Love Episode 1 and the Prequel Trilogy

Much better than The Sequel Trilogy

Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

GIF by Giphy QA

I’d put 3 and 9 as both fairly good, but I much prefer 7 and 8 over 1 and 2.

And I even disagree about the prequel ranking with most, I think 2 is at least okay due to Obi-Wan’s story, while only Darth Maul was good in 1 (and he’s in the film for like five minutes).

Qui-Gon should never have been the focus of a whole film, 1 would have worked better with Anakin as a teenage Padawan at a Jedi temple on a moon orbiting Naboo, Maul leads tje Trade Federation blockade and wipes out the temple save Anakin and Obi-Wan (the latter already being a Knight, and while they know each other they haven’t worked together before), and they escape to Naboo to try to evacuate the queen. Boom, you remove stupid 9 year old kid Anakin, you begin developing Anakin and Obi-WAN’s bond immediately, you establish Maul and the Federation as legit threats (since Qui Gon and Obi-Wan just owning the shit out of them in the opening 10 minutes makes the Federation seem extremely non-threatening, contrast this to Vader and Kylo’s intros in 4 and 7 where they are triumphing at the intro scene), you don’t waste time on a detour to Tantooine (a planet we already had spent plenty of time on in two movies prior), etc.

Porcile

I don't think the story is the main problem with the prequels. It's more the horrific dialogue, wooden acting and now massively outdated looking CG. If those things could have been fixed then the prequels would be fine.

GIF by Giphy QA

I’d put 3 and 9 as both fairly good, but I much prefer 7 and 8 over 1 and 2.

And I even disagree about the prequel ranking with most, I think 2 is at least okay due to Obi-Wan’s story, while only Darth Maul was good in 1 (and he’s in the film for like five minutes).

Qui-Gon should never have been the focus of a whole film, 1 would have worked better with Anakin as a teenage Padawan at a Jedi temple on a moon orbiting Naboo, Maul leads tje Trade Federation blockade and wipes out the temple save Anakin and Obi-Wan (the latter already being a Knight, and while they know each other they haven’t worked together before), and they escape to Naboo to try to evacuate the queen. Boom, you remove stupid 9 year old kid Anakin, you begin developing Anakin and Obi-WAN’s bond immediately, you establish Maul and the Federation as legit threats (since Qui Gon and Obi-Wan just owning the shit out of them in the opening 10 minutes makes the Federation seem extremely non-threatening, contrast this to Vader and Kylo’s intros in 4 and 7 where they are triumphing at the intro scene), you don’t waste time on a detour to Tantooine (a planet we already had spent plenty of time on in two movies prior), etc.

GIF by FirstAndMonday

Also

suck my dick middle finger GIF

Prequels Rules, Sequels Drools

Billbofet

Gold Member
I don't think Disney has it in them to make money from a new SW movie.
Whatever movie they make will cost at least $300-350M to produce since they can't even make a tv show that looks like CW trash for less than $200M.
These movies are devalued right out of the gate by the endless Disney+ slop they release similar to Marvel, and they are no longer the event movies they used to or should be.

I also predict much of these new movies will take place on Tatooine. Smallest galaxy ever.

Puscifer

Hopefully the story focuses on the light side killing off the dark side and forcing an imbalance in the galaxy, thus making those on the dark side scarce and limited and needing to rise to bring balance to the force..
Oh so KoToR 2 that painted the Jedi a genocidal maniacs? Honestly top tier story that supposedly pissed off Lucas

Fake

Another bomba incoming.

Top Bottom