• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

No
Doesn't have that same atmosphere as the PSOne graphics. That just looks bland; too clean even.

The atmosphere didn't really come from graphics in MGS1. It came from sound. That game has the GOAT audio production. Still unmatched by any modern day game. The soundtrack was a work of art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waw6twoqN_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdXLCCY5zrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hROksa1hyyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfZdD6ktWOw

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I still don't understand square Enix and their way to release games on pc.

Can't they just tell us if they'll port the games, I'm getting tired of guessing if their games are console exclusive or not.
Makes it hard to save for a console as I don't know if I'll need it for anything.

Hektor

So I still don't understand square Enix and their way to release games on pc.

Can't they just tell us if they'll port the games, I'm getting tired of guessing if their games are console exclusive or not.
Makes it hard to save for a console as I don't know if I'll need it for anything.

I only want to know when we get the definitive edition of Automata, so i can double dip the shit out of it.

Dr Dogg

So Nvidia really did go and lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience then huh. Seeing as the last handful of released since 348.x have been super wonkey on one of my systems I've been holding off updating regardless but it's just a crackers idea. Makes me wonder what paid services asides from Game Streaming Nvidia have up their sleeve that might be tied to GFE in the future.

Knurek

So Nvidia really did go and lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience then huh. Seeing as the last handful of released since 348.x have been super wonkey on one of my systems I've been holding off updating regardless but it's just a crackers idea. Makes me wonder what paid services asides from Game Streaming Nvidia have up their sleeve that might be tied to GFE in the future.

Pay a one time fee of $5 to increase Shadowtime duration from free 10 seconds to full 5 minutes.
$5 fee per each game that uses PhysX to unlock GPU calculations. Don't worry, the games are totally playable with PhysX on CPU.
$10 monthly fee to remove NVIDIA Gameworks features from games. You know, those things that tank performance even on a 980TI.

What is the issue of having GameWorks features? Yes, they run like ABSOLUTE SHIT on modern hardware, but it gives a nice level of eye candy for when you eventually return to the game years down the road with much more powerful hardware.

It's like complaining a game has "super duper ultra settings" that a 980ti can't handle at a playable framerate.

With their competition in the gutter, we see their tenacity and greed for our information.

Hopefully the enhancements using their proprietary gameworks etc. won't follow the game ready drivers. G-SYNC looks good but I guess I'll just go for the standard given by AMD.

oipic

Quick thank you to JShack for all of your fine work on the threads in recent times - thank you for so willingly taking the wheel, for ably steering the ship, and for keeping it on course. You're a gentleman and an asset to SteamGAF, and a true ambassador to the cause - cheers mate!

Arthea

no Lightning in the banner? I refuse to post in this thread!

I forgot it's December already

good news
I finally have my new hd, now it probably is a good idea to do clean win10 install, any good resource where to read about it? I mean how to even do that, when I have it tied to my MS account but nowhere to autodownload.

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Medal of Honor -- MB-3F3FEC4992AF4771 - Taken by Dragon1893

for the new page

no Lightning in the banner? I refuse to post in this thread!

I forgot it's December already

good news
I finally have my new hd, now it probably is a good idea to do clean win10 install, any good resource where to read about it? I mean how to even do that, when I have it tied to my MS account but nowhere to autodownload.

I used the media creation tool for windows 10 to make a installation DVD and made the clean install with that, but remember to make the media from the PC you want to install to, I tried with a disk from other PC and it wouldn't activate properly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Arthea

I used the media creation tool for windows 10 to make a installation DVD and made the clean install with that, but remember to make the media from the PC you want to install to, I tried with a disk from other PC and it wouldn't activate properly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

but that's my problem, it's a new hd, I can't make it on that particular disk, or on PC without a hd. So there is no way to go about it?

but that's my problem, it's a new hd, I can't make it on that particular disk, or on PC without a hd. So there is no way to go about it?

Can't you just put back your old HD to make the media creation disk? Then put the new one and just install from the DVD.

That's what I did with my desktop when I changed the HD.

Knurek

Use Media Create Tool to download install ISO.
Use Rufus to make a bootable flashdrive with said ISO.
Boot from UBS.

Arthea

Can't you just put back your old HD to make the media creation disk? Then put the new one and just install from the DVD.

That's what I did with my desktop when I changed the HD.

my old hd went to the better place, I can't do anything with it, thanks MS again.

Dr Dogg

Are you saying you don't have a PC you can boot up to download anything or just can't boot into the PC you want to reinstall Win 10 on? If you've performed the 7/8/8.1 to 10 upgrade it doesn't matter where you get the image from (well as long as it's a legimate source and like for like version) and when you get to the prompt asking you for a CD Key you skip it and as soon as you're connected to the interwerbs it will automagically activate for you.

Arthea

Are you saying you don't have a PC you can boot up to download anything or just can't boot into the PC you want to reinstall Win 10 on? If you've performed the 7/8/8.1 to 10 upgrade it doesn't matter where you get the image from (well as long as it's a legimate source and like for like version) and when you get to the prompt asking you for a CD Key you skip it and as soon as you're connected to the interwerbs it will automagically activate for you.

no, I'm not saying that, I have a laptop, I can download on it, but Ningen is saying that won't work because it's other computer!

edited: why MS did this convoluted mess with as a simple thing as OS install, I'll never understand.

no, I'm not saying that, I have a laptop, I can download on it, but Ningen is saying that won't work!

It might or might not work, the media creation disk creates a w10 installation iso with a specific w10 version depending on where you create it from.

For instance, the disk I created from my desktop was a w10 pro installation disk, when I ran it on my laptop it didn't work, because the upgrade for the laptop needed the w10 home version, so I had to create a new media installation disk from the laptop.

Dr Dogg

no, I'm not saying that, I have a laptop, I can download on it, but Ningen is saying that won't work because it's other computer!

edited: why MS did this convoluted mess with as a simple thing as OS install, I'll never understand.

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference where the image comes from if you've activated your upgrade. Have you upgraded the machine you want to clean install to Windows 10?

dex3108

Arthea

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference where the image comes from if you've activated your upgrade. Have you upgraded the machine you want to clean install to Windows 10?

yeah, but I didn't install it then, I just registered it to my MS account, as they call it.

Copons

It might or might not work, the media creation disk creates a w10 installation iso with a specific w10 version depending on where you create it from.

For instance, the disk I created from my desktop was a w10 pro installation disk, when I ran it on my laptop it didn't work, because the upgrade for the laptop needed the w10 home version, so I had to create a new media installation disk from the laptop.

W10 version (and license) should be tied to the motherboard and/or the CPU.
Just changing drives (or other "minor" hardware components) doesn't do anything.

Arthea

I just read all MS has to say about win10 installation and there is no word about clean install in all that marketing crap, only upgrading from 7 or 8.1. Do they even care?

W10 version (and license) should be tied to the motherboard and/or the CPU.
Just changing drives (or other "minor" hardware components) doesn't do anything.

that's the funny part, before that they said it will be tied to MS account, that's why I registered 8.1 to one of my MS accounts to begin with also I didn't see any option to skip it, even if Doggie says it was there

edited: OK, I'll try dling and doing it easy way first, we will see how it will go, stay tuned for more news tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom