• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I brought this point up many times during region locking rampage, it seriously is horrible and unreasonable, there are better solutions, which of one I offer for free to just stop this bullshit in this day and age.
But nobody cares, until affected and then it's too late.
To be fair, this has nothing to do with the "region locking rampage".
That won't work to make the game playable again.

Hektor

Dragons Dogma - January 15th
Tomb Raider - January
The Witness - January
XCOM 2 - February 5th
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm - February 5th
Street Fighter V - February 16th
Disgaea - February

Next months are going to be time consuming.

Arthea

but he is talking about a run lock, I don't see anything there that can let you run a game that's run locked for certain regions. Maybe I should read it again.

To be fair, this has nothing to do with the "region locking rampage".

It has everything to do with it, no game should be run locked because we all travel a lot. What year is it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
5NT3ocQ.jpg

AHA-Lambda

Tomb Raider - January
The Witness - January
XCOM 2 - February 5th
Disgaea - February

Don't forget RE 0, Unravel, Firewatch, Dying Light Expansion Pack and the new TellTale Walking Dead series :p

oh my wallet and backlog weep ;_;

Dsyndrome

Going to try to juggle games better than I did last year and play Witcher 3, Dragon's Dogma, Pillars of Eternity, and Fallout 4 concurrently. Guess which one's at the back.

Also curious when the second PoE and Baldur's Gate expansions come out. Think I read somewhere they're tweaking the Stronghold in the former to make it more meaningful.

MUnited83

For you.
but he is talking about a run lock, I don't see anything there that can let you run a game that's run locked for certain regions. Maybe I should read it again.

It has everything to do with it, no game should be run locked because we all travel a lot. What year is it?
Its not a effect of the region crackdown that happened with Steam some months ago . its a issue specific to the game and not something done by Valve by default.

Adnor

Banned
Tomb Raider - January
The Witness - January
XCOM 2 - February 5th
Disgaea - February

Poor Disgaea, releasing the same month as XCOM 2 doesn't seem like a great idea.

Zfp47v3.jpg

While I'm in the audience that liked RE6 as a dumb co-op action game with a mixed-quality campaign and good fighting mechanics, Revelations 2 is not good in a RE6 sense and won a lot of people over in the OT when its episodes were coming out. I am a weird one that likes older and newer RE for different reasons, but can easily differenate on why I love both.

It is low-budget, but actually is kind of slow-paced and atmospheric, has some incrediably tense encounters and maybe some of the most tense boss encounters in the whole series, has a story that is actually fun and enjoyable instead of dull and unmemorable with uninteresting characterization l (which RE6 and Revelations 1 had in my opinion in a lot of ways), plus playing in the hardest difficulty from the start at least, I was aching for ammo types, herbs, and had to play strategically, which worked with the slowet pace of the game. Plus the later episodes had some light but fun puzzles, the last episode had a wonderful callback scene that lasts 30-40 minutes, the true ending was fantastic and cheesy in the best possible way, and there was some cool scenes and hooks, like this part in episode 1 in some creepy woods, and things you did in Claire's scenario woukd affect Barry's scenario, and so on.
A little late, but thanks for the reply.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
fuuu-- I totally forgot about Contradiction and didn't have it on my wishlist. How much off was it?

Arthea

Its not a effect of the region crackdown that happened with Steam some months ago . its a issue specific to the game and not something done by Valve by default.

what I'm saying it's very easy to avoid such locks, there are much better ways as I pointed before than let publishers run rampant and do whatever is easiest to do.
As I said there is a solution that prevents any and all regional locks but still keeps regional pricing intact and games banned from certain regions not buyable-playable in those regions only by people from those regions. Not that I support censorship but I know that valve can't do anything about it.

but it's all talk, as I said apparently nobody cares until affected, and then he can just play other games ignoring problem entirely, all region locks are there because nobody cares but me, or so it would seem.

Anyway, let's get at topic at hand, meaning amazing stump's performance

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh that's alright then. Gonna get it down the road.

Didn't buy a lot of things during the sale. Besides Secret Santa exchanges, the only things I got were some EU4 add-ons needed for an achievement run.

I had a job once where most of the bigwigs didn't want me there. They gave me a hard time but I did what needed to be done.

Then I decided I was done with it and left. They replaced me with the person they had wanted in the first place.

I found out later it was a fucking disaster. It felt good.

Copons

I personally own the Mionix 7000, I have a huge hand so it fits for me personally. The 7000 model is considered to have the better sensor, so go with that version if you go with that direction.

I don't want to kill Stumpo's magic streak of awesomeness, but I just wanted to say I just bought the Mionix Naos 7000, my first proper mouse (and also my first proper pad, even if cheap and everything, a SteelSeries Surface QcK), and I'm really looking forward to it!

Kyougar

Dont want to derail the steamspy thread.
So, how long is Alexandros' Ban this time?

The funny thing is, it looks like he got banned because he was telling someone not to make PC comparisons in a Console thread or it would get derailed.

Grief.exe

I don't want to kill Stumpo's magic streak of awesomeness, but I just wanted to say I just bought the Mionix Naos 7000, my first proper mouse (and also my first proper pad, even if cheap and everything, a SteelSeries Surface QcK), and I'm really looking forward to it!

I have the same set up actually. The mouse is very ergonomic for palm users, and has a nice wide grip for my large hands.

I actually own a lot of mice because I'm tall by American standards, so I'm always looking for new mice. I think I've found a winner that also has a solid sensor and build quality.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Dont want to derail the steamspy thread.
So, how long is Alexandros' Ban this time?

The funny thing is, it looks like he got banned because he was telling someone not to make PC comparisons in a Console thread or it would get derailed.

Yeah I thought it was hilarious how the other guy got away but Alexandros got banned for it.
Not biased at all by that mod, the other guy even made fun of his reply to him.

Copons

I have the same set up actually. The mouse is very ergonomic for palm users, and has a nice wide grip for my large hands.

I'm not a palm user, but I actually don't know what I am: sort of fingertip with the mouse at home, sort of claw with the office one.
I looked a bunch of video reviews of the Naos, and I'm actually confident I'll be able to claw it with my hand.
And if I won't, I always envyed palm users, because it totally looks a much more relaxing grip, so in that case I hope I'll get quickly used to it. :D

EDIT: now that I think about it: is the software worth installing, if I don't plan to do any shenanigans with the DPI?
(also because I never had a mouse capable of that, so I wouldn't even know what to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom