• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I won TIS-100. I'm playing it.

I'll forward any complaints about absolute lack of progress in any of my projects to the guy providing the gift. This is why I didn't buy it.

(In other words: sogood.gif)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just sold a foil for the first time since the cards beta.
Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716-350-259.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are the rules for GOTY voting changing at all so far as Early Access titles go?

I'm working out my top 10 list right now, and I've got a couple of games I'm deciding between that were either Early Access releases in 2014 and 'officially' launched in 2015, one that was an early access release in 2015 and will release 'officially' this year but I can't remember if the rules are changing from last year in regards to EA titles.

I believe based on feedback in the thread we will not be allowing games with an Early Access release date in 2015 to participate. Meaning that if a game came out as an Early Access title in 2015, it will be ineligible to receive votes. The games that "officially" launched (transitioning from Early Access) will be eligible. For example, ARK: Survival Evolved will not be eligible for voting, but Nuclear Throne or Kerbal Space Program will be.

It's a similar rule to episodic games - under the new rules, only episodic games which concluded in 2015 will be eligible for voting. So games like King's Quest (which only saw 2 episodes release in 2015) will not be eligible, but games such as Tales From The Borderlands (which began in 2014 but ended in 2015) will be.

Both of these rules are put in place to a) reduce confusion and b) prevent any one game from being eligible for the GOTY award more than once.

Knurek

I'll forward any complaints about absolute lack of progress in any of my projects to the guy providing the gift. This is why I didn't buy it.

How do you like that CPU with no Shift/Rotate opcodes?

Sch1sm

Jawmuncher will, the rest of us won't.

Can you let me know what you think of it? It has an obviously great Steam review, sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive. But I was unsure if I wanted to get it for myself or not. Would love some input.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just sold a foil for the first time since the cards beta.
Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716-350-259.jpg
One of the greatest feels in the world was I had crafted a booster pack for my own game, and got a foil for it. I put the foil up for $13. A couple months later (earlier this month), it not only sold, but since I'm the developer, the developer cut for card sales went to me too.

sogood.jpg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Crap i should have bought the humble bundle of square enix first thing in the morning, i was gonna buy it for sure but i took apart my keyboard for cleaning and i couldn't put it back together
EleGiggle.png
Kinda wanted to play last remnant for some mysterious reason. Oh well anyway i think i'm playing some sunless sea today, that game always looked cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of the greatest feels in the world was I had crafted a booster pack for my own game, and got a foil for it. I put the foil up for $13. A couple months later (earlier this month), it not only sold, but since I'm the developer, the developer cut for card sales went to me too.

sogood.jpg

I know you can't speak much about the internal workings, but being able to sell cards for games you developed while simultaneously being able to create an infinite number of game keys seems like a pretty large loophole that I'm surprised hasn't been heavily exploited.

Molemitts

So, after selling loads of trading card doubles I got from the Steam sale, I decided to sell all the trading cards I don't care about and I've made a bit from it, I mean it's worth it if I'm never gonna use it. It's a pretty genius idea for Valve, though they get a cut of money for basically nothing.

With booster packs is is better to sell the booster pack or open it and sell each card individually?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I entered for SC (actually only SC and dragons dogma) but I have the first on vita. Perhaps he is in the same boat.
I ctrl+F'd Trails on his PSN profile and didn't find it. I dunno what his steam id is if he has one, 'cos he didn't list it in his profile.

Eh, i didn't win it but i have it through family sharing so if i had won i would get the same guff, too
Ah, didn't think of that. If you launched it/unlocked achievements for it, wouldn't that show up on your profile though?

So, after selling loads of trading card doubles I got from the Steam sale, I decided to sell all the trading cards I don't care about and I've made a bit from it, I mean it's worth it if I'm never gonna use it. It's a pretty genius idea for Valve, though they get a cut of money for basically nothing.

With booster packs is is better to sell the booster pack or open it and sell each card individually?

open and sell

pahamrick

I ctrl+F'd Trails on his PSN profile and didn't find it. I dunno what his steam id is if he has one, 'cos he didn't list it in his profile.

Ah, didn't think of that. If you launched it/unlocked achievements for it, wouldn't that show up on your profile though?

Yeah, I have achievements for games on my profile for ones I've played via family share.

MUnited83

For you.

Definitely opening it. Almost no one buys booster packs. You might be fooled into thinking that you should sell the booster because it has a slightly higher minimum price, but the thing is that there is no actual demand for it.
By opening the cards you will be able to sell them almost immediately and you have a chance of getting a foil.

As far as I know, nope. You can't see if he played the game through family sharing unless it was one of his 3 last played games and it shows on recent activity.

Shantom

Trails is a PSP game (therefore no trophies) so it wouldn't show up on a PSN profile, right?

Molemitts

open and sell

Definitely opening it. Almost no one buys booster packs. You might be fooled into thinking that you should sell the booster because it has a slightly higher minimum price, but the thing is that there is no actual demand for it.
By opening the cards you will be able to sell them almost immediately and you have a chance of getting a foil.

Alright. I sold a booster pack ages ago, though and don't have any left. At least I know what to do when I continue to never receive booster packs ever.

since when Shenmue needs deference force? Did I wake up in yet another universe or something?

People defending the choice not to offer KS exclusives to paypal backers despite the majority wanting/not caring. I believe if all of those indifferent voters voted yes it might have been a different story (but most seem to think it was a ruse to avoid having to spend more money on packing and shipping the rewards).

Dsyndrome

Ended up getting RotTR off GMG with the New Year discount, I don't want to see the series go down in flames because of all the poor decisions made by folks involved. I actually don't have 2013 on PC, so I guess that's good.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This Shenmue defense force amazes me.

I think its about the Shenmue KS debacle defense force.

Well it is legitimately not as bad as it's being made out to be.

The poll was about rewards that had been originally marked as "kickstarter exclusive." You can still use PayPal and get nearly any other reward, though.

Except for a PC version which, for some dumb, actually worth all this brouhaha reason, is not available.

MUnited83

For you.
This Shenmue defense force amazes me.

Kickstarter Exclusive rewards continue to be Exclusive, wow, such controversy, omg, hold the presses, lose your shit now!!!!11111

The outrage is fucking idiotic.

People defending the choice not to offer KS exclusives to paypal backers despite the majority wanting/not caring. I believe if all of those indifferent voters voted yes it might have been a different story (but most seem to think it was a ruse to avoid having to spend more money on packing and shipping the rewards).
The no matter more than a yes, I think that's pretty obvious.

Well it is legitimately not as bad as it's being made out to be.

The poll was about rewards that had been originally marked as "kickstarter exclusive." You can still use PayPal and get nearly any other reward, though.

Except for a PC version which, for some dumb, actually worth all this brouhaha reason, is not available.

wow i hadn't heard about this, won't that severely limit the potential for more funding? Ah well I guess there's always the chance of future episodes being made if they do a good enough job of making and selling this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom