• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Alright. I sold a booster pack ages ago, though and don't have any left. At least I know what to do when I continue to never receive booster packs ever.

I sell plenty of booster packs unopened. You just have to look at the market and make a reasonable call. Especially on the low end cards, selling the booster is much smarter because you only give up the 2 cents once instead of three times. Granted,the difference is trivial, but the idea that you should just "always open them" is factually inaccurate.

One last repost, really hoping to hear about positive gaming experiences. How's aviary attorney? Looks awesome.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/235210/"]
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/218820/"]

header.jpg

coin crypt -- MB-CEBAD2A66FB70CCF
insurgency -- MB-48686A62E352FC1E
men of war assualt squad -- MB-F99137FE79A37D78
mercenary kings -- MB-0662CEB57D9B56B2 - Taken by Giggity_Dude. 6 entrants total.
fallen enchantress -- MB-A05EAF1DBB0C4C88
strider -- MB-2A0AC7B480DBABEE - Taken by thesaucetastic. 6 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-B9C93E48CA7FF1ED - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
outland special edition -- MB-9F3F38BCF0704F35 - Taken by Cyldman. 2 entrants total.
mushroom 11 -- MB-FB55A8292E3BDCC1 - Taken by Popstar. 35 entrants total.
screencheat -- MB-58A91925901A182D - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
abyss odyssey -- MB-8DB62964982F3B12 - Taken by Large Professor. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
payday2 -- MB-D9A6CFB44023B754 - Taken by Mengy. 8 entrants total.
pm me for extra DLC

t1452058488z1.png

fozzy

I've fallen in love with Downwell instantly. The laser and shotgun are so satisfying.

I keep losing track of my little man though and getting hit.

Not sure if him being another colour would help with that.

garath

I sell plenty of booster packs unopened. You just have to look at the market and make a reasonable call. Especially on the low end cards, selling the booster is much smarter because you only give up the 2 cents once instead of three times. Granted,the difference is trivial, but the idea that you should just "always open them" is factually inaccurate.

But you're giving up the chance for a foil. Even as small as it is, it seems worth the loss of a couple cents.

Arthea

after I backed Shenmue and it got kickstarted I haven't checked on the kickstarter or its thread even once, it seems I missed some major drama, good for me.

Not to mention that the majority of kickstarter backers didn't even vote at all.

I surely didn't, I haven't even heard about any voting until now

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If anything, the Shenmue 3 Paypal thread needs a hasty title and OP edit to clarify. People are taking the initial post at face value, when what's actually happening isn't really being properly portrayed.

I still think trying to pretend more "Yes" votes means "No" is really not going to help the campaign's case, but the facts need to be straightened out.

I've fallen in love with Downwell instantly. The laser and shotgun are so satisfying.

I keep losing track of my little man though and getting hit.

Not sure if him being another colour would help with that.

You can always try another color palette and see if that works out better.

BasilZero

Anyone know when they will add back the Tales of Zestiria Alisha DLC to the Steam store?

Its been showing n/a for a while now :(

Hektor

What are you talking about?

The attitude of ""True fans" would've done this and that" as well as the inane logic of it beeing the backers fault for not beeing able or wanting to jump through certain hoops in order to support the games campaign through kickstarter displayed by a certain user.

fantomena

The attitude of ""True fans" would've done this and that" as well as the inane logic of it beeing the backers fault for not beeing able or wanting to jump through certain hoops in order to support the games campaign through kickstarter displayed by a certain user.

I still don't see the problem. You get offended by shit like that? Really?

zkylon

zkylewd
exclusivity in any kind is bad imo

i don't want any sort of special treatement for backing a game, i just want that game to be made

Lomax

But you're giving up the chance for a foil. Even as small as it is, it seems worth the loss of a couple cents.

I've gone through thousands of cards at this point and I can count the number of foils I've gotten on one hand. Those couple cents add up faster than non-existent foils do. And these days foils are only worth a couple times what regular cards are, and considering the rarity of foils, the numbers don't support valuing that chance. Of course, all things being equal you should open packs, but the point was that you should always open them because boosters don't sell at all, and I disagree.

pahamrick

I've got a working code for Alisha's DLC that I'd be willing to trade for Dragon's Dogma.

I kid, I kid. Holding on to it for when I won't need to play ToZ through family share.

Dsyndrome

Anyone had Steam randomly "uninstall" a game from the client without asking, but still have the files in the install location? Happened to me twice now with Mortal Kombat and King's Quest, no idea why it's happened though.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

akane the kunoichi -- MB-78DA3856C7FCF230 - Taken by footfunghi
just cause collection -- MB-768009C6ADB1AC99 - Taken by lindarasta
life is strange episode 1 -- MB-B848144EB4B1A8CE - Taken by shervinrs
loot hero dx -- MB-74D0C9A455853898 - Taken by Vlad
spelunky -- MB-CFE21D948281372B - Taken by fspm

Knurek

I know you can't speak much about the internal workings, but being able to sell cards for games you developed while simultaneously being able to create an infinite number of game keys seems like a pretty large loophole that I'm surprised hasn't been heavily exploited.

He can't open an infinite number of accounts though, so no way to redeem those keys.
Check and mate.

Durante

Can you let me know what you think of it? It has an obviously great Steam review, sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive. But I was unsure if I wanted to get it for myself or not. Would love some input.
Do you like or want to learn message passing programming? Are you competitive with your (Steam) friends?
If both, then it's just about the best thing.

By the way, I need more Steam friends who play TIS-100!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I know you can't speak much about the internal workings, but being able to sell cards for games you developed while simultaneously being able to create an infinite number of game keys seems like a pretty large loophole that I'm surprised hasn't been heavily exploited.

For my case, my game won't drop cards since it's free, but got approved since there was a paid element, but you can only get cards by crafting booster packs from gems.

Theoretically, yes, but I think it wouldn't be financially stable. For one, people would plumet card prices. Since my cards are rare, they go for a fair amount, and I'm happy people seem to really like the characters and badges so people go out of their way to form badges for the game and even buy emotes/backgrounds. Flood the market, and life gets hard.

You have to earn the cards just like everyone else, so for my game that would mean gems and crafting booster packs, but booster packs for my game costs 1,200 gems, partially since they're so rare and the cards and stuff are expensive/have sold for a lot, and a F2P game, all the emotes and backgrounds and such are worth 100 gems themselves and can only get the cards by random drops when people craft badges/crafting the packs yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom