• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There is a steam card trade thread, but i can't find it. Can someone link it please ?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871109&page=6

Fire Pro Wrestling World is unlocking in a couple of hours for $20. Anyone getting it?

It's Early Access though. Should I be wary of that?

I don't like that you apparently have to play through a long "mission mode" to unlock moves and parts for CAW.

Still, this is the first FPW in TWELVE years...

I'm waiting to see just how well it handles and how easy it is to share CAWs. I love the series, but I can still play my Returns with a roster of characters that is still up to date.

It looks like tons of fun, but I'll probably wait for full release. Even though I would have been happier with a Wrestlemania 2000/Revenge/No Mercy-like, I'll settle for this, which looks kinda like the old coin-op game or the Genesis one, albeit with way more moves. I could use something to scrub the taste of WWE 2K16 out of my mouth.
This definitely won't be the arcade-type gameplay you're expecting. Unless they've completely changed the Fire Pro formula, it's always been very sim-heavy.

I don't mind unlocking for moves and parts. Better than paying for them, I'll tell you that much.
Agreed that it's better than paid DLC for sure, but the allure of FPW for many people is the edit mode. Having that gimped at the start is a really baffling design decision IMO.

I'm waiting to see just how well it handles and how easy it is to share CAWs. I love the series, but I can still play my Returns with a roster of characters that is still up to date.
I'm hoping CAW sharing is very simple. They have to know that's the main draw of the series...right?

Razakin

Probably noone is interested in this, but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is gonna get retired from the Steam store, which is why it's now 80% off (1,99€ / $1,99). No idea if it's gonna come back or if we someday are gonna get a proper THPS game on Steam, but for game collectors out in here, you might want to snatch this. And perhaps that Revert DLC that isn't discounted for some odd reason.

(Hopefully this wasn't already been told in here)

Nzyme32

Yo! What have I been missing in the grand ol' land of Steam lately?

Noticed HL1 got updated for whatever reason, which always bodes well as another excuse to play the thing

PCGamer took their time, but they put out a very thorough Hollow Knight review: http://www.pcgamer.com/hollow-knight-review/

Quite surprised it took them that long to get round to it. I got hooked something fierce and just kept playing for just over a week. Love that game

Probably noone is interested in this, but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is gonna get retired from the Steam story, which is why it's now 80% off (1,99€ / $1,99). No idea if it's gonna come back or if we someday are gonna get a proper THPS game on Steam, but for game collectors out in here, you might want to snatch this. And perhaps that Revert DLC that isn't discounted for some odd reason.

I wish they announced this stuff more often. Would have saved me a lot of money when the TMNT games got removed after the winter sale and I had to get them from Humble at full price.

FLD

Probably noone is interested in this, but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is gonna get retired from the Steam story, which is why it's now 80% off (1,99€ / $1,99). No idea if it's gonna come back or if we someday are gonna get a proper THPS game on Steam, but for game collectors out in here, you might want to snatch this. And perhaps that Revert DLC that isn't discounted for some odd reason.

Is this one at all worth getting or is it garbage? I can't remember if this was the one that was blatantly broken and unfinished.

Wok

The demo of The Movies is still available!

steam://install/7920

tNsJaTa.jpg

😎

Razakin

Is this one at all worth getting or is it garbage? I can't remember if this was the one that was blatantly broken and unfinished.

I think it was THPS 5 which was the broken and unfinished one. HD is from the same devs sadly, and feels really mediocre, doesn't have the original feel of THPS 1 or 2, at least controls feel bit off, but it also could be because I haven't played those two in ages. Also doesn't help that the port to PC is really barebones, no graphic settings or no controller button prompts. But still, it's just 2 euro/dollars (+ 5 for that Revert DLC, which I need to get, so odd to play THPS without revert.)

I wish they announced this stuff more often. Would have saved me a lot of money when the TMNT games got removed after the winter sale and I had to get them from Humble at full price.
Same, especially when you can't always spot these when browsing Steam thread(s) either in here or on other places.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GundeadliGne -- MB-B96FCB61B7F92F30 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-85AB3F6240D6DC0C - Taken by ThingontheFloor. 3 entrants total.
Project Tarvotan -- MB-061339D3EA793DBD - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Suguri Collection (Suguri Plus Acceleration of Suguri) -- MB-60A785B6A9836945 - Taken by Nabae. 1 entrants total.
Super Ubie Island REMIX -- MB-9D864A73905C0C6D - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.

t1499729999z1.png

doubles

FLD

I think it was THPS 5 which was the broken and unfinished one. HD is from the same devs sadly, and feels really mediocre, doesn't have the original feel of THPS 1 or 2, at least controls feel bit off, but it also could be because I haven't played those two in ages. Also doesn't help that the port to PC is really barebones, no graphic settings or no controller button prompts. But still, it's just 2 euro/dollars (+ 5 for that Revert DLC, which I need to get, so odd to play THPS without revert.)

Oh right, IIRC the main complaint about this one was that the physics felt off compared to the original. If the port is meh and the game itself isn't all that great either then I can live without it.

Accoun

The Bombshell prequel is apparently called Ion Maiden?

I can understand the fact that they're trying to not scare away people by association with the not-so-well-recieved (to say the least) Bombshell, but if you ask me, it sounds like it would be better as a subtitle.

https://t.co/QS679207zl

And in case you've never heard about it: yes, it's a new Build Engine FPS. Yes, THAT Build Engine.
It's also made (at least levels-wise) by some of the modders from the eDuke32/Doom community, so it might actually be worth your attention.

Bonus shot:

Jawmuncher

I can understand the fact that they're trying to not scare away people by association with the not-so-well-recieved (to say the least) Bombshell, but if you ask me, it sounds like it would be better as a subtitle.

And in case you've never heard about it: yes, it's a new Build Engine FPS. Yes, THAT Build Engine.
It's also made (at least levels-wise) by some of the modders from the eDuke32/Doom community, so it might actually be worth your attention.

Bonus shot:

This sounds like it'll be cooler than the original.
Was so bummed when the original was a top down shooter. I'd have been all over it as a FPS or TPS.

pislit

i could not believe that my most played game in my Steam Sale haul is the one that didnt receive a discount: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. To be fair it's just $16 in my region.

my haul was GTA V, Hitman (Reboot), and Cities Skylines DLCs.

Bonus shot:
That's way cool. It has more attention from me based on it bring fps, let alone a new BUILD game.

I thought DSII would take up most of the value in the last HB Monthly, but no, it has Hyper Light Drifter when I decided not to subscribe.
Lol how is it?

I see a lot of posts and guides on a rated 18 version but...just to make sure there isn't anything too revealing or whatever right?

Will be awkward to play it and have rest of the household hear strange noises....l0l
You have sex with catgirls that were simultaneously your pets and (emotionally) your sisters. And they stroke your ego with praise the entire game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Balthier is the leading man after all.
Did you play it last when it came out originally? You should give it another go when this remaster hits PC, there's more to Ashe than her miniskirt.
yeah i played it on ps2 back in the day

biggest memory i have about it was fooling around with the ai system since that shit was kind of like making a game and i've always liked level editors and such

i remember being really pleased with that. also i remember a lot of my friends hating it. overall it didn't blow me away like 7 or 10 did but i was pretty positive about it. i think i dropped it mostly cos i wasn't very into the story and characters? or something? i got like midway through i think

i'll probably give it a shot someday, i've been meaning to replay it on emulator for a while but there's always something else

yah balthier was definitely the one worthy of any praise, he was the leading man, the rest sorta sucks, blond beard dude is okay and so was ashe if she didn't have the shortest skirt ever

is this balthier is the leading man thing a meme or something

Madventure

I wish Amazon had a discovery queue like Steam.

Socks, socks, gardening tools, supplements, anime, flipflops, anime, powertools, books, steak knives

Non Sarcastically, I mean it sort of does in the Recommendations part of your account when you go through each section it isn't per-say like steams discovery queue but it's a little bit like it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, wow. It's finally possible to invite people to groups using Firefox. No more blank page with "[object Object]". It'd been a problem since the current Steam Community design entered public beta. In May. 2013.

Vibranium

Banned
THPS HD being removed just makes me realize how much money there is to be made on Steam from a good 3D skateboarding game. I remember hearing that Tony was looking for developers again, it would be nice if a talented indie team stepped in.

Amazon just took my trails of cold steel money :( Couldn't resist all the kingdom hearts, crash, Digimon and everybody's golf for $42. If there are cancellations I'll be back in the fold though.

Jawmuncher

Amazon just took my trails of cold steel money :( Couldn't resist all the kingdom hearts, crash, Digimon and everybody's golf for $42. If there are cancellations I'll be back in the fold though.

I think it'll just depend on what they catch before it ships.
I have no hope in crash though. Since it was already backordered when the error hit.

Madventure

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thoughts on this headset? Not looking for anything super fancy. I got $30 in credit also if that helps me get anything cool.

My brother had a pair of those and they broke within 3-4 months, I didn't get any indication whether they were anything fantastic or whatever but if you're on a budget. I bought myself These as a temp solution and until they broke and have been wearing them for 3? years and literally just throw them on the ground, roll over them with my chair and somehow they still work. Plus if you have a gigantic head they fit people with obscenely large heads.

Sarcasm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thoughts on this headset? Not looking for anything super fancy. I got $30 in credit also if that helps me get anything cool.

Dunno about that but I have the one next up (I guess). 633 or something and they have lasted me years. Though I got them on sale for dirt cheap. Was going to go with backless + separate mic.

But I cheaped out and got the 633. Pretty happy considering what I paid.

Played Evil Glitch and Refunct today. Evil Glitch has that nostalgic lens '80s aesthetic that's gotten a bit overplayed recently. VHS-style trailer, grids going to the horizon, and a CRT filter with curved edges and a slight burn-in effect. It's got some style to it, but it's pretty bland as far as its top down shooter chops are concerned. you have 8-way digital movement, but full 360 shooting radius, so it feels awkward if you're accustomed to playing these with dual analogs. There's a campaign with three levels that you have to survive through, there are no power-ups, there are no lives, you die and start from the beginning. The shooting is weak, the movement isn't great, and most of it is pretty uneventful and dull until you fight enemies that shoot back and have bullets that annihilate yours making it a pain to even get shots in. It's also weird in that it has a forced 4:3 view, but the playfield is rectangular and more vertically oriented -- so it would've been a lot better had they just flipped everything on the side. Big ol' meh to this one.

Now, Refunct. It's a pretty minimal first person platforming game. It's 20 minutes long to 100%. It's pretty chill and feel good. I liked it and that's about all that I can say about it that wouldn't be better served just playing it given its length.

My brother had a pair of those and they broke within 3-4 months, I didn't get any indication whether they were anything fantastic or whatever but if you're on a budget. I bought myself These as a temp solution and until they broke and have been wearing them for 3? years and literally just throw them on the ground, roll over them with my chair and somehow they still work. Plus if you have a gigantic head they fit people with obscenely large heads.
aight pass then, thanks!
Dunno about that but I have the one next up (I guess). 633 or something and they have lasted me years. Though I got them on sale for dirt cheap. Was going to go with backless + separate mic.

But I cheaped out and got the 633. Pretty happy considering what I paid.

633 eh? I'll look into it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-11B3B83D8E8EAD1B - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 13 entrants total. - Taken by Madventure

Wok

Every game these days is a turn-based strategy game using tiles.

etc.

I also see a lot of card games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom