• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Every game these days is a turn-based strategy game using tiles.

etc.

I also see a lot of card games.

man why did you remind me of into the breach ;_;

ahh

i'm proud of myself for realizing it was a meme on my own

The script of XII is clearly been reworked quite a few times and Vaan wasn't meant to be the big focus he ended up being, they didn't change the story and other characters enough to make it sensible. So by the second half, your "protagonist" feels like the sixth wheel or something.
oh that's real weird

kinda interesting tho

jholmes

Anyone want to trade me Kero Blaster for Dead Rising 2 OTR? I already have DR2OTR and liked it so I'd like to blast some keros if possible.

Freezard

How has maintenance been going on every Tuesday? I've been a Steam member for 8 years never encountered it lmao (EXCEPT now when I wanted to play).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How has maintenance been going on every Tuesday? I've been a Steam member for 8 years never encountered it lmao (EXCEPT now when I wanted to play).

It's been a thing every Tuesday around 4pm Pacific since I joined Steam in April of 2011. Some weeks are worse than others - sometimes just the community site goes down, sometimes just the store pages, sometimes just individual functions (like friends list or chat), and sometimes maintenance happens without affecting anything although that's rare.

It is indeed pretty silly that Valve hasn't grown their codebase to be much more resilient than it is in regards to user-affecting web services.

Madventure

It's been a thing every Tuesday around 4pm Pacific since I joined Steam in April of 2011. Some weeks are worse than others - sometimes just the community site goes down, sometimes just the store pages, sometimes just individual functions (like friends list or chat), and sometimes maintenance happens without affecting anything although that's rare.

It is indeed pretty silly that Valve hasn't grown their codebase to be much more resilient than it is in regards to user-affecting web services.

I think they have a "wheel of maintenance" ala Wheel of Fortune and they just spin it in the offices of valve and randomly turn off whatever it lands on for the week while they work on stuff

Mr. Tibbs

After making a thread for Ion Maiden, the Build engine FPS from Voidpoint, some of the developers have revealed some additional details about the game's structure.

CyOR_NTUsAAeKcY.jpg

It's going to be a single episode, but they're prepared to make more depending on how many people buy it. The episode has 7 "levels," but each one is split into several map files that you can traverse back and forth between, reminiscent of the approach Half-Life and Hexen took back in the day. People should be able to check out a demo soon.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DUFFMCWALIN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record -- MB-8F77D715FF74FCEB - Taken by Mikurden. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-61E6C5B7AE9975C9 - Taken by sadblob. 3 entrants total.

t1499823137z1.png

I think Hollow Knight is really starting to click with me. I'm excited by the prospect of exploring new places and gaining new abilities. How do I gain more badge slots?

Nabs

I think Hollow Knight is really starting to click with me. I'm excited by the prospect of exploring new places and gaining new abilities. How do I gain more badge slots?

I think you buy most of them from the Charm dealer, but you can find some and earn a few after certain fights.

Nyoro SF

Keys from the Capcom Humble Bundle. I'm from the USA.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyoro SF, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record -- MB-CAE9362D92D1F50E - Taken by Father_Brain. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-C69469662DAE791B - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil 6 -- MB-B1AD0FB204E19314 - Taken by zkylon. 16 entrants total.
Umbrella Corps: Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack -- MB-7A45F3BD8D1F22E8 - Taken by Monooboe. 5 entrants total.

t1499838587z1.png

Madventure

Did Prey bomb? I feel really guilty about not buying it yet but I just haven't had the time for it yet.

I heard it's a preyasure to pray and prery prun

it did ok

but it's fine, Arkane has dat Todd Howard money they can keep making games

Game didn't sell well? Better put out Skyrim 4D, make up those profits! It's like 3D, but there's a 4 in front of it so that means it's better!

jtb

Banned
fuuuuck

okay I'll buy it during the Prime sale then I guess even though I still haven't cracked open Dishonored 2

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThingontheFloor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-8B13015B058AC9C9 - Taken by famfrit. 5 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifter -- MB-1C1E3C595401F70E - Taken by Grief.exe. 30 entrants total.

t1499840609z1.png

fuuuuck

okay I'll buy it during the Prime sale then I guess even though I still haven't cracked open Dishonored 2
That's okay, Dishonored is kind of lame anyway. Just feel good doing your part in supporting Prey, because the game honestly deserves it.

After making a thread for Ion Maiden, the Build engine FPS from Voidpoint, some of the developers have revealed some additional details about the game's structure.

It's going to be a single episode, but they're prepared to make more depending on how many people buy it. The episode has 7 "levels," but each one is split into several map files that you can traverse back and forth between, reminiscent of the approach Half-Life and Hexen took back in the day. People should be able to check out a demo soon.
I'll pick it up when it comes out. Looks promising.

Did Prey bomb? I feel really guilty about not buying it yet but I just haven't had the time for it yet.

Its doing really bad on all platforms. However Bethesda is not a charity so I'm waiting for the price to fall.

I was interested in it. Oh well.

Capcom bundle, neat

No Dead Rising 4 makes no sense though

And it's almost all horror games, hard pass

And no original Dead Rising. And why is the weaker DR2 in the top tier and Off the record in the mid tier. This makes no sense!

Why HunnyPop of course ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Better match 3 than most other match 3 games on steam.

The first Prey had only sold around 1 million after 2 months. I doubt the new one is that low. It also had a 10+ year on and off dev cycle. Five for the released game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom