• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

don't buy from them, they're a reseller and you run the risk of having your key revoked, among other possible issues.

They had Watch Dogs Deluxe for 7(Uplay), and I had to bite. Never got a Steam key on there, though, since I value them more.

Edit: And I did end up buying Blackgate. I'll give it a go after I play Oranges first.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I just don't know what to think about Dragon Age. Mage is such a boring class, all I do is stand around, clicking the left mouse button (or hold it down to feel even lazier) and spam my abilities once they are ready. None of them (except one, the one my NPC mage has) are anything but attacks. Reminds me of how fun Bards were, cause at least you had a whole bunch of options.

And looking at all the abilities I can get, none of them seem really interesting or varied. No Illusion, no healing, no summoning nothing interesting. I'm thinking about restarting as a warrior, at least then I'm in the thick of it and don't just stand outside the battles. I'll probably also bump it down to normal, not cause it's difficult but cause I feel like the fights are just tediou and drawn out. I'll go back to hard once the game gets better.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Are they retroactive?
Just booted it up, and they are, I got 2 unlocked instantly when I loaded my save.
Nice. I'm downloading it again to load it up and get them because why not.

Still, definitely not a game that I played and thought "well, this is missing some achievements", and I dig achievements. I'm interested in the ones related to the secret stuff though, I remember the devs saying there were things no one figured out or something like that.

Miguel81

Man, I just don't know what to think about Dragon Age. Mage is such a boring class, all I do is stand around, clicking the left mouse button (or hold it down to feel even lazier) and spam my abilities once they are ready. None of them (except one, the one my NPC mage has) are anything but attacks. Reminds me of how fun Bards were, cause at least you had a whole bunch of options.

And looking at all the abilities I can get, none of them seem really interesting or varied. No Illusion, no healing, no summoning nothing interesting. I'm thinking about restarting as a warrior, at least then I'm in the thick of it and don't just stand outside the battles. I'll probably also bump it down to normal, not cause it's difficult but cause I feel like the fights are just tediou and drawn out. I'll go back to hard once the game gets better.

I'm blind on this game, outside of a few interesting clips. Do you not have access to a varied party?

STEAM | December 2014 - Your Guide to Windows Shortcuts

I'm a little surprised and amused that I managed to start a discussion on keyboard shortcuts that went on for like, 5 pages...

Why? KLEI had a valid reason not to include achievements in Don't Starve for example.

"We don't like them." Isn't really a valid reason. I mean, it's their game, they're the ones making it, so that's their call. But when people keep asking for them, and your excuse is that you don't like them, it's pretty lame.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter has been patched and now includes achievements.

The Astronauts > KLEI confirmed.

They also posted a nice little piece about achievements. I understand and can appreciate why people don't like achievements, but it's such a trivial little feature, there's not really any good reason to not have them, in my mind anyway.

Are they retroactive?

Yep, seems so. See the link above.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Get that Ultimate Boy Climax!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-443034889A0E3C68 - Taken by GaussTek

You can upgrade health in the souls games? o_O
Of course! How did you play it through? Without any stat-upgrades? Involuntary hard-mode, hah.
I guess with some skill you could play through it staying at Level 1 but I am an old man now -_-
-
Where would I get...
..nice. Your avi btw makes saoirse looks adult-movie-like. Not that I mind :p
-
On the 25th I shall be retiring to the land of the Salsa.
Hm. You mean loosing yourself in 3DS? Is pokemon coming out then?
-
$40 is wayyyy too much for DA:I, methinks. Not enough of a discount for me to care... :\
$15 dollars?
Buddy, share those drugs with the rest of us.
Hey, hope dies last ;)
And wasn't the digital version of MGS:GZ on consoles about 15€ ? So it wouldn't suprise me that much if it was the same on Steam since it's DD as well. And now a
tad
older game to boot.
-
Most of it is DLC for F2P games (can't let people have that for free!)
The rest of it is stuff with DRM, basically.
Does that mean no Ubi game does work with family sharing since they have uplay-drm?
Bummer.
-
Project Cars
pre-order is up
no discount ... and region-locked ... and $50/50€ (because, naturally, $=€)
Recently I saw some videos of Asetto Corsa on Gamersyde and I have to say, that game looks like a formidable opponent to PCars.
-
UltraWorld is going to release on Steam in two weeks. http://store.steampowered.com/app/331580
My Let's Play of UltraWorld is up. You can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq2Pt4HBH5I&list=PLdC3pP79J-A9vVBkItqiJkURqd3aUW2Lv

ULTRAWORLD_Logo.jpg

Quick Impression:
The game is billed as a first person explorer, so I was expecting something along the lines of Proteus, but it's actually more to it than that. It kind of feels like if Proteus mashed up with Lost the TV series.
The story of the game is this: There is an artificial intelligence that built a game around itself to attract gamers to enter the world (Which kind of weirded me out because Ultraworld won't release on Steam for another two weeks) and it's asking you to do mundane tasks but then reveals everything it said before was a ruse. Then as you explore there are other AI (that look similar to the main AI) that are trying to hide from the main AI and ask for you to find them in secret.

Bottom Line: it's Mysteryception built on the Crytek engine. Very pretty to look at and intriguing.
Beautiful. Gorgeous. Thanks for posting. Wishlisted.
-
Yeah, Dxtory is great.
Shadowplay is what I prefer to use when recording b-roll footage for reviews and such though since it tends to have much lower file sizes then dxtory(no matter which codec I use)
Although for some of the games where Dxtory doesn't hook into the game, Audacity + Shadowplay makes for a great backup, you do have to sync it up manually in post, but it's better than nothing.
steam is great btw
You are a reviewer too? Cool. Care to link to your channel/page?
-
hmmmm
G2A is offering Watch Dogs Deluxe Edition for $11.90 only
i wish it contain all the DLCs
uplay of course
G2A is an untrustworthy key reseller and banned here. You better not use them. They are most likely buying keys by credit card fraud I was told. So it is very possible that your game gets taken away from your steam account later.
Don't do it. As with everything in life. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Shadownet

Banned

I've been hearing that the Steam version might be different from the free install version though.. But I hope not. I bought all of the wave 1 figures for my little brother. All those cards are coming in handy. I think I'm going to wait till Winter Sale and hope for a 20% off.
Hm. You mean losing yourself in 3DS? Is pokemon coming out then?
Actually Pokemon came out today but I'm going to wait till Black Friday to see if there might be a sale somewhere. But Persona Q come out on the 25th on the 3DS and i'm excited.

I'm a little surprised and amused that I managed to start a discussion on keyboard shortcuts that went on for like, 5 pages...

"We don't like them." Isn't really a valid reason. I mean, it's their game, they're the ones making it, so that's their call. But when people keep asking for them, and your excuse is that you don't like them, it's pretty lame.

They also posted a nice little piece about achievements. I understand and can appreciate why people don't like achievements, but it's such a trivial little feature, there's not really any good reason to not have them, in my mind anyway.

Yep, seems so. See the link above.

There's no good reason once you release a version of your game WITH achievement not to put them in ALL versions of your game. I'm definitely with you. Let's see about those retroactive achievements in Ethan Carter now that I've gotten it redownloaded...

anastef

Gunpoint

ModBot said:
Instructions for anastef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (anastef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gunpoint -- MB-EB6DEF1A50A88124 - Taken by gimel

Of course! How did you play it through? Without any stat-upgrades? Involuntary hard-mode, hah.
I guess with some skill you could play through it staying at Level 1 but I am an old man now -_-
-

Hm. You mean loosing yourself in 3DS? Is pokemon coming out then?
-

Hey, hope dies last ;)
And wasn't the digital version of MGS:GZ on consoles about 15€ ? So it wouldn't suprise me that much if it was the same on Steam since it's DD as well. And now a
tad
older game to boot.

(1) Yeah, it was a sarcastic comment -- I don't think I've ever had a vitality more than 16 in the series... but my DS2 characters were hovering in the 11-13 range. Most of my skill points go into dex/str/int/faith initially with occasional updates to endurance and assorted other attributes, but usually "I need more health" is one of the last thoughts I have... usually I try to use armor and dodging to compensate -- and it's one of those "whoa, holy shit, I die in 1-2 hits, 3 max if I'm lucky.".

(2) People can lose themselves in a 3DS? People not named Salsa? Holy crap in a pita...

(3) MGS:GZ launched at $40 on PS4. It was price cut to $30 and now back to $20. Considering they know they have a wanted product and have been apparently making the game/port improved, I wouldn't be suprised to see it launch at $30. $40 would be ridiculous... $30 will get a bit of a backlash, but people will buy it, even if it's locked.

There's no good reason once you release a version of your game WITH achievement not to put them in ALL versions of your game. I'm definitely with you. Let's see about those retroactive achievements in Ethan Carter now that I've gotten it redownloaded...

Well, to be fair, they were required to put the achievements in. And they obviously begrudged doing so. The achievements are deliberately mundane, and self-aware.

On the other hand, how utterly dull and lacking in creativity do you have to be to think that all achievements are, or need to be, about grinding? Especially when your game itself is practically made of grinding.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this "adding the achievements to the game after it's released" talk makes me want to get a hold of those fine folks at Disney and have a talk with them about LEGO Pirates
and LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Indiana Jones, etc

It also blows my mind that the Xbox 360 achievements never got patched into Oblivion for the PC

Dr Dogg

Alright who set cantankerousfrost off about Klei?

I really don't get this Project CARS pre-order. 4 months early and no beta/early access?

What's even more bizarre is that I've been seeing drop dead gorgeous screen shots of it for what seems like years now.

That's not really the reason they gave... They explained how presenting the players with rewards might make them just focused on the rewards, rather than on the game, which is, in my opinion, a very valid argument, especially for a game like Don't Starve.

The absence of achievements is a design decision. I really doubt this is laziness, since they (reluctantly) added a bunch of uninspired trophies for the PS4 version, when Sony forced them to.

But yeah, it seems I opened the Pandora's box with this "debate" :)

Dr Dogg

All this "adding the achievements to the game after it's released" talk makes me want to get a hold of those fine folks at Disney and have a talk with them about LEGO Pirates

It also blows my mind that the Xbox 360 achievements never got patched into Oblivion for the PC

Speaking of LEGO...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937540

I would be all over an Assassin's Creed LEGO game. Might be one collect-a-thon too far though or end up as some collectable laden singularity and suck out the very soul of both series'.

To be fair when did Steam get achievements? early 2010, late 2009? That's a while after Oblivion was done with. That and they were bloody awful for the base game. The Shivering Isles ones were a hoot to do though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well, good to know at least. I've bought the game anyway and plan to replay it at some point down the line, but it'd be cooler if they were able to include the achievements.

Speaking of LEGO...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937540

I would be all over an Assassin's Creed LEGO game. Might be one collect-a-thon too far though or end up as some collectable laden singularity and suck out the very soul of both series'.

To be fair when did Steam get achievements? early 2010, late 2009? That's a while after Oblivion was done with. That and they were bloody awful for the base game. The Shivering Isles ones were a hoot to do though.

I'm pretty sure achievements were launched with the Orange Box titles in 2007. Granted, Oblivion was out by then but still.
Oblivion GOTY edition released after The Orange Box

Also, do we really want to teach our kids to be assassins?

Actually Pokemon came out today but I'm going to wait till Black Friday to see if there might be a sale somewhere. But Persona Q come out on the 25th on the 3DS and i'm excited.
That's the rhythm spin-off I guess. You should try Miku Diva on PS3 if you're into that kind of stuff.
-
I do the occasional reviews, but I'm more focused on other types of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7fxlLcw3RfZ8TRBRBTPpq1LoaruzSNkM
^ my reviews playlist, I should probably get around to doing more of those.
Yeah, I see you do playthroughs mainly. Looking good, subbed.
-
(2) People can lose themselves in a 3DS? People not named Salsa? Holy crap in a pita...
(3) MGS:GZ launched at $40 on PS4. It was price cut to $30 and now back to $20. Considering they know they have a wanted product and have been apparently making the game/port improved, I wouldn't be suprised to see it launch at $30. $40 would be ridiculous... $30 will get a bit of a backlash, but people will buy it, even if it's locked.
I thought you have every console on the planet and love them equally?
:p
About MGS pricing. 40 is too high imo too. 30 is possible but I am hoping Konami pulls a goodwill-thing and goes 20. One can dream.

derExperte

Right now it's 8,99€ on PSN. They would immediately squander all the built up goodwill by asking for more than 20€ on Steam. Also don't forget that GZ is the gateway to Phantom Pain, the more people they 'get', the better.

Dr Dogg

I'm pretty sure achievements were launched with the Orange Box titles in 2007. Granted, Oblivion was out by then but still.

Also, do we really want to teach our kids to be assassins?

Nope I stand corrected and you're complete right they were introduced with The Orange Box.

As much as I love achievements and that false sense of, well achievement some of the ones in Oblivion really weren't trying that hard at all. I think you can get 90% of them just playing the game and only a few of the Guild ones need a bit of thought to grab.

Well some of the comics seem to be aimed at a young audience but yeah really unless you make some wholesale changes to the title and premise of the series I can't see it flying with a fair few countries. I mean we had the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles here and any scene with Michelangelo had his nunchucks out was cut from the episode. I can't imagine what would happen to AC but a lot of censoring would go on before it would be allowed to corrupt the youths here.

Nzyme32

So, why does Lego Star Wars trilogy never go on sale? Those pesky licence holder holding it back :p

I am a lot more optimistic on pricing. If they are paying so much attention to the community and even making announcements in more PC centric locales, I'd hope they can get their pricing to make sense, although that may actually be more konami bound in which case... I'm not sure, but Revengance was priced well.

I hope for around the £10 / $19 mark during the sale at least, which is when it will be up for pre-order, and then on sale day 1 of the winter sale ;)

Dr Dogg

So, why does Lego Star Wars trilogy never go on sale? Those pesky licence holder holding it back :p)

Short answer, Disney. Though fingers crossed times are a changing (and now I've got Bob Dylan stuck in my head) and some decent discounts might happen the next couple of sales. I mean it's been 2 years since they were last discounted decently and I'd take -50% off.

Alright who set cantankerousfrost off about Klei?

What's even more bizarre is that I've been seeing drop dead gorgeous screen shots of it for what seems like years now.

HUSH.

Good point. I'm also unsure as to why the Ubi games can't somehow get along with uPlay and still have Steam achievmeents... my poor Watch_Dogs. :(

Right now it's 8,99€ on PSN. They would immediately squander all the built up goodwill by asking for more than 20€ on Steam. Also don't forget that GZ is the gateway to Phantom Pain, the more people they 'get', the better.

Is that the normal price or is it on sale? And is it PS4 or PS3?

I think they asked the current price of MGR:R for it's port back in January of this year, so that bodes well for them doing $19.99 with a 10% pre-order discount. I'd bite immediately on that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for >$20 either.

And don't even get me started on regional pricing differences.

Are you on Steam at the moment? I want to have a chat with you. :)

So, why does Lego Star Wars trilogy never go on sale? Those pesky licence holder holding it back :p

I am a lot more optimistic on pricing. If they are paying so much attention to the community and even making announcements in more PC centric locales, I'd hope they can get their pricing to make sense, although that may actually be more konami bound in which case... I'm not sure, but Revengance was priced well.

I hope for around the £10 / $19 mark during the sale at least, which is when it will be up for pre-order, and then on sale day 1 of the winter sale ;)

It has to be something with the movie licenses, I'd wager; combined with the LEGO licenses... I mean Indy and Star Wars (and now that it's here, Pirates) haven't been on sale since I started building my Steam library. I now have over 2400 games and still haven't bought them because they're never on sale.

derExperte

Is that the normal price or is it on sale? And is it PS4 or PS3?

I think they asked the current price of MGR:R for it's port back in January of this year, so that bodes well for them doing $19.99 with a 10% pre-order discount. I'd bite immediately on that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for >$20 either.

On sale down from 20€, PS4 version.

Is there any way of just getting a steam key from the humble bundle stuff now or do you >have< to send someone a gift link now?

So if I made a modbot giveaway thing, I just replace where the keys would be with gift links?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121851268&postcount=2

On sale down from 20&#8364;, PS4 version.

So you expect the Steam "normal" pricing to match the black friday PS4 sale pricing? :lol
I'd say if you expect anything less than 20&#8364; (and then a pre-order discount, like MGR:R had) you're setting yourself up for failure. :\

derExperte

So you expect the Steam "normal" pricing to match the black friday PS4 sale pricing? :lol
I'd say if you expect anything less than 20&#8364; (and then a pre-order discount, like MGR:R had) you're setting yourself up for failure. :\

No, I'm saying they lowered the price on these other platforms already so much that they can't possible ask anything approaching 30&#8364; on PC. I predict 15&#8364; during the initial discount.

fallout

Totally forgot I had these.

ModBot said:
Instructions for fallout:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fallout, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-CF7F3C48D96CF4FC
Risk of Rain (1) -- MB-E443C169E27D79BF - Taken by Blu(e)
Risk of Rain (2) -- MB-CB25145152155701 - Taken by UncleO
Risk of Rain (3) -- MB-76CEAC362A38863E

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hm didn't even realize The Vanishing of Ethan Carter doesn't support Steam Cloud so I don't have my save anymore. Not like it's a long game anyway, I'll give it another run later.

Turfster

Um what? I opened up Steam and all my games are no longer in the categories.......what the hell happened?

Close steam, restart steam, repeat until they're back.
(If it doesn't happen after like 5 times, your profile is probably fucked and you need to redo them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom